It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We're going to bring "Ask Me Anything" to ATS!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Glenn Greenwald perhaps?

I know he has participated in question and answer sessions on the Guardian website regarding various topics. So depending if you can get a good topic, it might not be out of the realms of possibility.

However he has come to the forefront a lot more recently with the Edward Snowden issue, so it might be more difficult.

I can't really think of anyone else...Jesse Ventura perhaps?

Who knows maybe such people are already ATS members...?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Waves hand wildly from back of the room....another vote for Dr. Michio Kaku

He's just zany enough, he might do it!

Des

And he s strangely attractive. hes got something.
also i cant believe only one person has mentioned greek george. I could embarress myself by trying to spell his name but im in the middle of my tea and my chops going cold.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This sounds like a great idea. If I can reflect a few names:
Neil Degrasse Tyson
Michael Gravel

But what would be cool is if Dick Cheney would agree to be here (sadly though if he did agree the questions would have to be screened. Which kind of defeats the purpose of AMA)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks!!
That really sounds like a super idea!!! Depending on the sources and the field of their expertise, this could be a very informative way to remove some speculation and wild guess. Great Job!!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ray Kelly and other top LEO's to ask how we can hold cops responsible for their actions. We know that there are many more good cops but I would like their view on how we can weed out the bad apples that they seem to tolerate within their ranks.

Peace

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Great idea. Damn, Carl Sagan is long passed away. I am going to have to ponder this for awhile. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Michu Kaku, Brian Greene, Brian Cox, Sam Harris, R. Dawkins.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Michu Kaku, Brian Greene, Brian Cox, Sam Harris, R. Dawkins.

I was going to suggest Michu Kaku as well, but I was fortunate enough to meet him in person a few years ago after he gave a wonderful speech at Chabot Space & Science Center. Our group was also fortunate enough to have dinner with him. I got a signed copy of his book, Physics of The Future. Such an intelligent Guy. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I would like to see it heavily monitored, especially in the alternative forums. People are not really ready for the truth in many ways and fight to the death to defend their stance on the extraordinary if it does not meet their views of reality. This will limit what is shared and make ATS Q@A no different than any other public forum.

You know what I mean Springer and could probably say what I am trying to much better.

An intimate setting where guests feel welcome to reach deep and share new information rather than rehashing what we have heard them say a million times by now.

Thanks. And I LOVE it. I would also love to have some of the Members added to this list of distinguished guests and give them their respected and much over due chance to connect with us. Too many right now to mention without accidentally excluding the best of the best.
edit on 6-8-2013 by antar because: add e to make gust guest...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
MY ONLY SUGGESTION .. and Im sure you have thought of this ...
Screen the questions before they get posted.
There are some folks here with very extreme views.
(I'm being polite by using the word 'extreme'... )
I'd hate to have a guest leave here thinking .... 'what a bunch of whackadoos' because
one or two posters ruin it on a thread ... ya' know??

I hate censorship .. but just a thought. Have a delay or something from the time
the person asks the question until the time the answer is posted ....

I don't know if I've expressed my thought accurately .. I hope you get the idea.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I would love to see an AMA from ATS's most enigmatic of posters, the illustrious Phage. For years I have watched threads wax and wane only to be rejuvenated by a post from Phage. Indeed I have on more than a few occasions read a post and wondered, "What would Phage think of this?" An AMA from this character would be most welcome.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
WOW! I guess this IS a good idea (I have to admit it was SkepticOverlord's) that you all really want.

I'm reading and taking notes (I'm also dealing with my Great Dane who is in a pretty bad shape medically at the moment) and will be on top of tracking down as many of your choices as I can find contact info for. I'm pretty persistent so who knows.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Springer...
edit on 8-6-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I would love to pick the brain of Graham Hancock. James Rollins would be ideal, he has a lot of insight on DARPA and the cherry on top would be Bruce Buena De Mesquita who has accurately predicted many politically-themed events using a scientific algorithm and not a crystal ball. LOVE the idea.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just as a head's up, when this is done over at Reddit, the vast majority of questions are never answered due to both volume and time restraints, so 'Ask me Anything' is not exactly accurate.

But wonderful idea, nevertheless.

I'd like to suggest getting yourself a highly respected medium and expanding the list of guests to now-dead people.
Maybe The Amazing Randi would ride shotgun on the answers.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Add to my list: 1. the author Steve Berry who can put a spin on any historical event and make you think twice 2. Puterman from the Quake Watch thread who is full of so much knowledge the folks at USGS should be required to take a course from him, and my guilty pleasure who would never appear on ATS but could possibly consider it to make us change our ways would be 3. Tim Tebow. I know, you don't have to say it. I just can't help but root for that kid.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

A few suggestions from me would be Richard Gage, David Ray Griffin or Steven Jones....that would make an interesting Q&A for sure

Also Norm Chomsky, Courtney Brown PhD, Owen Jones, Frankie Boyle, Roger Hayes (lawful bank), Brian Gerrish.....wow....I could go on and on

Oh yer...I wish your dog all the best

edit on 6-8-2013 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'd like to see some musical guys as well.

People who have a lot of our same ideas.

System of a Down for example.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Piers Anthony, Stephen King......

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I'd like to see some musical guys as well.

People who have a lot of our same ideas.

System of a Down for example.

~Tenth

Copy that....

And Henry Rollins

Moon unit Zappa

Willie Nelson

Kinky Freedman

CSN&Y

edit on 6-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join