It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need An Effective Deterrent for Mountain lions from Our Property

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky

Originally posted by BO XIAN

Originally posted by missvicky
Just what I have been thinking you scoundrel! Hahahaha! Now I am off in search of the Bigger, Badder
mountain lion from which I will harvest its' pee as I don't own that particular electromagnetic wave device you mentioned.

Hmmmm

Can I watch?

Never know when one might need to know how to harvest humongous mountain lion pee.

Besides . . . it could be an interesting dance . . .

or would that be . . . chase and counter chase?

Sounds like a good Laurel & Hardy skit, to me.

Or THE THREE STOOGES.

I suppose one could just introduce Chuck Norris to the Big Humongous Mt Lion and the critter would crawl up slowly in a kowtow'd posture and pee in the cup for you.

LOLOLOL.

LOLOLOL!!! I think you're right!

(Does anyone Have Chuck Norris' email address? )

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Rig your motion detector up to a recording of a guard mule. A mule can kill a cat with one kick. They won't like that sound and will likely stay away.

Otherwise, don't worry too much. Chances are, the cougar will never give you so much as a problem. Just don't get between it and its food source (the sheep). Perhaps suggest to the sheep rancher he buy an actual guard mule if heis losing livestock.

At any rate, good luck.

Now that's a good idea....and much more doable than collecting urine from a Bigger Badder Cat!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I posted in the wrong thread before,,so it may have been mentioned, but, might want too look into,,

"The Rhodesian Ridgeback is a dog breed developed in Southern Africa. Its European forebears can be traced to the early pioneers of the Cape Colony of southern Africa, who crossed their dogs with the" etc,,,

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
I posted in the wrong thread before,,so it may have been mentioned, but, might want too look into,,

"The Rhodesian Ridgeback is a dog breed developed in Southern Africa. Its European forebears can be traced to the early pioneers of the Cape Colony of southern Africa, who crossed their dogs with the" etc,,,

Beautiful dog! Thanks for the suggestion, but for right now a dog won't work for us. Will keep that breed in mind though!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Sentry guns..

Really though, your fence must have a breach. I'd check it.
A mount lion attacked two hikers in cali, but they survived. However when they were looking for the mountain lion they found another hiker that it had killed and stashed for later.

link for info about deterrents.

I have to wonder if they sell bear urine and if that would do the trick?
edit on 8-8-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by missvicky

Sentry guns..

Really though, your fence must have a breach. I'd check it.
A mount lion attacked two hikers in cali, but they survived. However when they were looking for the mountain lion they found another hiker that it had killed and stashed for later.

link for info about deterrents.

I have to wonder if they sell bear urine and if that would do the trick?
edit on 8-8-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the link. The Scarecrow looks like the best option for us. Will be looking into that one! As far as the fences, theyre in pretty good shape but a mountain lion could easily clear them in one leap.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
A person could also probably keep cougars away by having a couple pit bulls. Pits are fearless and if you had two any cat would go around to avoid a potential fight.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Had a family friend bring us cougar salami years ago. We ate the whole salami before he told us it was cougar. Cougars make great salami!

Food for thought.....

<< 1  2   >>

join