It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Science and Comic Fans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
If Earth was a proton and Superman was an electron and we decided to form a hydrogen atom, what color would the sky be?

Mod Note: Starting a new thread? ** Look here first **
edit on 6-8-2013 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheQuantumForcesThatBe

Well technically speaking just an electron and a proton wouldnt work. There are other interplays on the particle level which are required to create stable hydrogen.

Best of luck though.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Well technically speaking just an electron and a proton wouldnt work. There are other interplays on the particle level which are required to create stable hydrogen.
That's correct, since a proton and an electron doesn't make a stable form of hydrogen. Hydrogen is stable in molecules like dihydrogen monoxide also known as DHMO which kills more people each year than carbon monoxide, yet people with carbon monoxide detectors don't even seem to realize the greater danger of DHMO.

@OP why the admin just gave you a warning instead of deleting your thread I don't know. Perhaps they are being generous since you just got your 20 posts, but normally to post in the science forum you're expected to have a link to a scientific article or paper. This is more of a "general chit-chat" topic so the mod probably should have moved the thread to that forum.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

You moron. DHMO or H20 is water.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by TrueBrit

That's correct, since a proton and an electron doesn't make a stable form of hydrogen. Hydrogen is stable in molecules like dihydrogen monoxide also known as DHMO which kills more people each year than carbon monoxide, yet people with carbon monoxide detectors don't even seem to realize the greater danger of DHMO.

@OP why the admin just gave you a warning instead of deleting your thread I don't know. Perhaps they are being generous since you just got your 20 posts, but normally to post in the science forum you're expected to have a link to a scientific article or paper. This is more of a "general chit-chat" topic so the mod probably should have moved the thread to that forum.

Really? LOL!
en.wikipedia.org...
Thats where you want to go ?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Of course! What is a more appropriate topic for discussing the fate of hydrogen atoms in a thread with an OP like this one?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by graysquirrel
reply to post by Arbitrageur

You moron. DHMO or H20 is water.

You are correct . And calling names is just a sign i of your ignorance.

You moron. Water does kill more people than carbonmonoxide every year.

Read understand learn

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Another_Nut
Water does kill more people than carbonmonoxide every year.
That and many of the other claims are true, on the DHMO link I posted, though the parts talking about a DHMO ban are intentionally silly, which seemed appropriate for an opening post that seems intentionally silly.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Another_Nut
Water does kill more people than carbonmonoxide every year.
That and many of the other claims are true, on the DHMO link I posted, though the parts talking about a DHMO ban are intentionally silly, which seemed appropriate for an opening post that seems intentionally silly.
it wass and it made me laugh as soon as i read it. But the reading comprehension seems to be falling on ats fast

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

I never disagreed with the statement that water kills more people than CO.

As for your statement correlating ignorance with name calling, You have no idea what you are talking about, or for that matter, exactly whom you are talking to.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I never disagreed with the statement that water kills more people than CO.

As for your statement correlating ignorance with name calling, You have no idea what you are talking about, or for that matter, exactly whom you are talking to.

You called someone a moron for telling the truth because u didn't understand.

U are ignorant. I don't care who you are. Calling names shows that faster than i could say it.

Moron

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It seems like you guys never heard of Hydrogen Hydroxide, its far more deadly than Dihydrogen Monoxide.

#1 killer in the world.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I believe you have just supported my case.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

If I remember my chemistry 1A correctly, Hydrogen Hydroxide or HOH is H20, and is also water.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by luciddream

If I remember my chemistry 1A correctly, Hydrogen Hydroxide or HOH is H20, and is also water.

You really don't get it do u? No supprise. We are all talking abou water. That's the joke. The only point you have proven is mine.

You are trying to t el l everyone what water is. WE KNOW.

Now stop trying to correct people true statements.

Moron

new topics

top topics

join