It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-year-old anti GMO teen schools ignorant TV host

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skjord

Although I might not agree with what Phage says in my GMO threads often. I do still greatly value his input here. He has put me right on a few things..

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Good on her for keeping her cool against those ridiculous reporters.. The way they constantly turn things on her and accuse of her of everything is completely outrageous.

They do say that the children are the future..! More and more these days children are coming up with bold, new, economical and sustainable ideas.

Much kudos to this teenager - what a bright young spark... Thanks for bringing this vid to us purp. f/s...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
calling a 14 year old girl a "shill" to her face, shows what level that guy is coming from. using that term,he automatically blows her off as being unable to understand the research she has done herself, and her lack of intellect and critical-thinking skills.
remember, Monsanto just bought out (Xe) the private security firm guilty of many of the senseless murders of average unarmed Iraqi civilians during the occupation

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
She was brilliant. Kevin obviously has ties with Monsanto. Phage is suspect; do not go over for dinner anytime soon with him.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

calling a 14 year old girl a "shill" to her face, shows what level that guy is coming from. using that term,he automatically blows her off as being unable to understand the research she has done herself, and her lack of intellect and critical-thinking skills.

This is common when this group starts losing an argument. You have to get used to it. Watching how they develop methodologies to protect institutions with pseudoscience is a science unto itself. Just read Michael Shermer each month in the back of Scientific American and you will have verbatim, what you will find restated over and over in the same 22 publications for the next 11 weeks thereafter. Yawn.

They are losing this battle, so this insulting "you are stupid" technique will only increase in its alacrity and nastiness until we reach the tipping point and get the pretenders and enforcers of this agenda ousted out of power.

Because of the history of the deception in the rollout of GMO foods, the public has every right to be mad, and call for a change in the null hypothesis. Growers of non-GMO food are not liable to bear the costs of labeling their legacy and natural foods, simply because big agra introduced something new without asking anyone, and wanted to reduce its costs. That will be a matter for the trust courts soon.

This food must be proven safe. If we are going to ingest something only a couple times, rat studies are fine. But if humans are to be ingesting the substance 15+ times a week for 40 years, then 240 day rat studies on death and sickness, amount to nothing but placeholder pseudoscience and propaganda.

The public is a lot smarter than this group understands. Shill indeed.

edit on 6-8-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Instead of labeling GMOs, why not label non-GMOs?

instead of labeling untested and dangerous products, why not label safe products that have been used for thousands of years?

brilliant.

labels are used to acknowledge a change or warning.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator

Originally posted by Phage
You're right. It did sound like a script. A script to make the girl sound good.

No it wasn't, the guy was clearly using tactics trying to get the girl to say she's anti-science.

Seriously Phage...what's wrong with you theses days?
It's like you suddenly started to get paid for posting here.

suddenly? that's a good one!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by purplemer

This story should give us all hope for the future.

The TV host scum bag has got to be paid off. It was like he was talking from a script.........SCUM. His family must be so ashamed of him. What a big man trying to undermine a kid trying to do the right thing.
edit on 6-8-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

Absolutely and the nerve of him to imply that she is some kind of anti GMO shill cause it's more apparent that he is the shill! Especially the way he was saying that we need these GMOs to feed the world which is total BS!
Looked like he was trying to say if you are against GMOs you are imposing a death sentence on millions!
We could easily feed the world if the world had a need based economy instead of a greed based economy!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Absolutely and the nerve of him to imply that she is some kind of anti GMO shill cause it's more apparent that he is the shill! Especially the way he was saying that we need these GMOs to feed the world which is total BS!
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

That is how it is done with the modern media... one main N.L.P. technique is to always accuse your opponent of what YOU are guilty of...

This guy was just saying what he's been trained to say...
I don't know how Journalism schools are able to defend their trade honestly...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by qwerty12345
She was brilliant. Kevin obviously has ties with Monsanto. Phage is suspect; do not go over for dinner anytime soon with him.

folks who work for Monsanto don't eat gmo's,
so i think youd be safe.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Is that a fact?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

reply to post by llmacgregor

Here's an idea. Instead of labeling GMOs, why not label non-GMOs? Just like organic produce? You don't see "This produce is not organically grown" labels do you? Yeah, organic stuff costs more. But that's because they cost more to produce. Takes more work to go organic.
www.nongmoproject.org...

We should know what is in our food, and be able to make the choice weather we want to take part in consuming it.
I agree. But, apparently in California anyway, not everyone feels the same way.

edit on 8/6/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

yeah.. I had that idea too.. tell it to Oakhurst. They tried that. Result? Monsanto sued, of course!
citing that the Non Gmo labeling 'implied there was a difference' between the milk.
health freedoms link
... do mega corporations often get to decide how another company markets there product??

edit on 6-8-2013 by Starcrossd because: fixed 'unsmiley'

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Starcrossd

Result? Monsanto sued, of course!
That wasn't about GMO. Did they win?
Have they done anything about this:
www.nongmoproject.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Is that a fact?

i can't say for sure now, but they didn't back in 2000 they didn't.
and here is the funny thing. Monsanto says the believe in choice.
that's kinda screwed up, knowing some of their business practices.

oh and checkout the spin the spokesmen put on it. that's in green.

The fight to ban genetically modified foods has won more converts -- some employees of Monsanto the company that is doing the most to promote GM products.

The Independent newspaper reports that there is a notice in the cafeteria of the Monsanto pharmaceutical factory is High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, advising customers "as far as practicable, GM soya and maize (has been removed) from all food products served in our restaurant. We have taken the steps to ensure that you, the customer, can feel confident in the food we serve."

The notice was posted by the Sutcliffe Catering Group.

Monsanto confirms the authenticity of the notice, but company spokesman Tony Coombes says the only reason for the GM-free foods is because the company "believes in choice." Coombes says in other Monsanto locations employees are happy to eat GM foods because they are "sprayed with fewer chemicals."

Adrian Bebb with Friends of the Earth says the notice in the Buckinghamshire plant is hard to misinterpret. "The public has made its concerns about GM ingredients very clear - now it appears that even Monsanto's own catering firm has no confidence in this new technology."

and i would imagine they are still the same way, or don't serve anything at all.

but i'm sure you'll find some way to contradict this to.

edit on 6-8-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

What's to contradict?
But I'm glad you understand that your claim was false.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

What's to contradict?
But I'm glad you understand that your claim was false.

there was nothing false about it.

they admitted to it.
so to make it acceptable to you.

some folks who work for Monsanto don't eat gmo's.

edit on 7-8-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Except that he tried to accuse her of being a shill...Phage you never cease to amaze me...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Big deal. I get called that all the time. (How do you like my new sig?)

But you think that isn't part of the script? Big bad man picking on the poor sweet teenager. Great TV. Better than Hannity and Colms. And just as fake.

edit on 8/7/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

reply to post by llmacgregor

Here's an idea. Instead of labeling GMOs, why not label non-GMOs? Just like organic produce? You don't see "This produce is not organically grown" labels do you? Yeah, organic stuff costs more. But that's because they cost more to produce. Takes more work to go organic.
www.nongmoproject.org...

We should know what is in our food, and be able to make the choice weather we want to take part in consuming it.
I agree. But, apparently in California anyway, not everyone feels the same way.

I just assume everything lacking the "Organic" label, and is a processed food, contains some form of transgenic GMOs. Same with some produce known to be transgenic and approved for human consumption... So in a way, the labeling is already there, just without the label.

Personally if all products/produce were labeled with a transgenic GMO sticker, I don't think people would change their diet, it is hard to do, and none of their friends or family are suffering any health conditions directly attributed to transgenics, that they know about.

This debate is far from over, but thank you for holding the line of sanity. This "debate" is fueled more by emotion than rationale, logic, and any action plan.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join