It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Finally Admits The Truth: "Right Now, We Have An Emergency At Fukushima"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
could someone explain to me what effects this will have both long time and short. will it completely pollute the pacific?

I realise I probably sound very stupid but would like to know just how serious this is.

thanks.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

The cesium has a half life of about 70 days - so for us not much of a problem....the Japanese people - well they are screwed.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
Why cant they pump it into steel/lead drums and bury it in some old mine shaft like they do with the rest of the waste.
edit on 5-8-2013 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2013 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

400 tonnes of water a day is hard to store.. think of the containers needed to store
that amount of water , and the the space to store it, and then maintain it.
for a thousand years or something this will go on.

Stupid fools.. and still they build them.

Yeah most of the containers were thrown together with used factory leftovers when some of the industries were outsourced to China and Korea and anywhere there is cheap labor. On top of that they used crappy bolts to throw them together. So take in the rust and salt and ionizing radiation because at the time that is all they had to work with, should make them useless in 3-5years. Also the fact that the holding tanks are not seismic proof. The water they are holding in those tanks would make Hanford blush with envy. Some of the nastiest stuff from the early days full of cesium "pick a number", tritium, plutonium, americium and so on.

If a solid 7 hit that plant I suspect if the tanks would topple or burst it would be lights out rendering the place uninhabitable thus unknown. I say unknown because I do not know. Nobody really knows, we have never been here before, It's all theory, with 3 reactor cores (one mox) melted down 200m into a aquifer cooling itself into the breadbasket of the world. Unrecoverable and hot for umm What's the half life of out of control Plutonium...

Japan was a dying country before 3-11 with too many old people and the young not producing offspring or jetting off to Amerika. This news will only speed the flight from Japan.

Everything I said above is just "Theory" But if your into the Illuminati Then Its a Emergency Level Event is just them laughing at us.

Hi NSA
sorry to use so many "keywords" please knock before entering and don't shoot the pets.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Instead of America, Russia, China, allp the countries in the middle east involved - occupying their attention with, tension of war and acts of terrorism, and manipulating their own people..

All these nations needd to come together RIGHT NOW. We have ONE planet, and if it dies, it doesnt matter who has the biggest nukes or bank account..we will all see the end of health, and ultimately the fate of our species as we know it today.

What could be more of an issue then saving the planet, to save our selves?! How is war, money, government, politics, hollywood, justin beiber. .. More important then the PLANET!?

We really f*ked ourselves here, as a collective. Its not just "Japans fault" .. Its all of our faults for watching and waiting, and do nothing. This planet regards every living species that its giving beautiful life too. There are trillions of species, of living beings on this planet, all existing together on one rock.

The elite nations need to grow up and stop acting like tough guys on the playground. Its time to be MEN and WOMEN, adults, mature. And take true matters to heart. There is no fued any nations face today that is NOT worth apologizing for and getting over like mature men and women.

I live in Calgary, Alberta - and when the crazy flood happened a couple months ago; people were devastted and the entire city was split in half by water. The authorities of the city asked for volunteers to help clean up the inner city; the next day a few thousand calgarians showed up, and everything was fixed within a couple hours.

That is the spirit we as all nations need to have for eachother. No flag should divide us as a species from doing what is morally right, and helping eachother live a healthy and clean life. Fukushima should be the call we need to bring our leading scientists and engineers together to make things right for the Japanese and the water that surrounds their country.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Problem is TEMPCO was allowed to play with this for so long. They tried to save face and it has failed utterly. This event (according to zerohedge is about 3 weeks) has to potential to devastate the Japanese people.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I have said it before and I will say it again, Fukushima is the greatest modern day disaster cover up in human history. This is criminal, and every Nuke plant should be closed down because the risks outweigh the rewards for our planet Earth. These lunatics are going to destroy all life.

These International Corporations and Governments have absolutely no respect whatsoever for the miracle that is it and us. What a weak species we have become, and not a care in the world about all the other innocent ones that share this planet along with us. There is no accountability, there is no liability and there is no responsibility. Just a bunch of greedy old carpetbaggers who continue to wet their beaks while receiving back door hand jobs at the expense of Mother Earth.

The Sheople go about their lives cause they don't realize they are being slaughtered, it's herdism at it's finest. When you think about all the exports that come from Japan, you can clearly see why the deciders and their puppets in the media have been silent ever since this catastrophe happened.

Oh no! Can't lose a buck in the name of humanity, and life in general. What a pathetic joke. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Friday that an estimated 20 trillion to 40 trillion becquerels of radioactive tritium may have flowed from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant into the Pacific Ocean since May 2011.

Tritium lasts for twelve years.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Why they haven't developed a program to launch nuclear waste into the sun is beyond me...are costs more important than the future of our planet?

400 tonnes of water would be almost impossible to store, just launch it into the sun and let it burn off.

If I remember correctly (I don't have time to look it up right now) it is the equivelant of and Olympic size swimming pool EVERY DAY. That's alot of water. Alot of space vehicles never to come back Can't ship out that much water every day. The money cost? Just won't happen.

We're talking millions/billions for one shipment (possibly each day) for how many years????

It's already been 2 1/2 years almost and the nightmare just continues.

Just can't/won't happen.
edit on 5-8-2013 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The way i understand it, a becquerels is equal to a second of radioactivity.
I becquerels = 1 count per second
40 Trillion becquerels = 40 trillion counts per second
Which is like 1 curie.
*Shrugs*

edit on 5-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Well its just a matter of time and someone will have a Godzilla sighting. *A Japanese fisherman points and screams* GODRILLA!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Dear gawd...

Japan and Hawaii are in massive, massive trouble. Both of their water tables are done for.

This means that fresh cesium and strontium are pumping out on a daily basis by the ton... That's a constant daily dose of new radioactive waste hitting the flora, fauna, water, and food sources in and around those areas.

The half life of either of those no longer matters because it's now a non-stop fresh flow of the damn stuff.

Cesium-137 attacks mainly the thyroid, and strontium-90 attacks mainly the bones and muscle tissue. Expect to see these types of cancers to start skyrocketing in those areas over the next 10+ years.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Maybe the Powers decided we needed Giant Monsters to justify their high budgets for defense?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

I especially like the response Tepco had, "we are sorry for the trouble" as they build more plants.

You know this is not only very telling about the human race that we have no idea how to fix this as it "kills" the world but would imply that we as a species are extremely suicidal in that we don't seem to care if we can fix this or not.......what the hell good is any kind of peace in the world if the oceans are dead ?

I guess we can all sit around singing kum by ya engulfed in the stench of everything dead or dying.

edit on 5-8-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Fixing this doesn't benefit any of those in power around the world and could do a lot of harm. If this were some small African nation, they'd have had this taken from them by now by the UN or outside force and managed that way for how this has gone, IMO. There is almost nothing they could have done in the start? The timelines and events are clear enough on that. One action led into another with an inevitable result once outside power and generators were gone. After that though? One cover-up and screw up into another, IMHO.

This is Japan though. Not a small nation. Stomping their toes (as would need done) to get significant changes made to how this is happening? What leader would want to do that for the payback Japan has the economic power alone to return? The damage to the environment seems secondary in the face of that.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
could someone explain to me what effects this will have both long time and short. will it completely pollute the pacific?

I realise I probably sound very stupid but would like to know just how serious this is.

thanks.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

The cesium has a half life of about 70 days - so for us not much of a problem....the Japanese people - well they are screwed.

Cesium 137 has a half life of 30 years and considered safe in 300 years. It was already in the environment from the Bomb tests and flows up the food chain. There's just going to be a whole lot more now even if you grow your own food how much of Fukushima is in the rain? It has a half life of 70 days once it enters your "body" to do the dirty work. Cesium is a great killer it attacks muscle and targets the heart. See radiation didn't kill him, his heart gave out... But that is only one problem you forgot Tritium and a whole bunch of real nasty $#iT that we have in our own backyard due to 50 years of bomb building.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Can't do anything with lethal toxic levels. If the US government has any hidden technology out there that can help they better hurry the hell up and do something about it or we're all doomed. It's swirling around out there going up the coast lines up and around Alaska and back down the west coast line. If you go to the beach often or live on the coast you might want to come inland. This without a doubt has radiated everyone on the earth already and thought of living next to this cesspool.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Battleline

Fixing this doesn't benefit any of those in power around the world and could do a lot of harm. If this were some small African nation, they'd have had this taken from them by now by the UN or outside force and managed that way for how this has gone, IMO. There is almost nothing they could have done in the start? The timelines and events are clear enough on that. One action led into another with an inevitable result once outside power and generators were gone. After that though? One cover-up and screw up into another, IMHO.

This is Japan though. Not a small nation. Stomping their toes (as would need done) to get significant changes made to how this is happening? What leader would want to do that for the payback Japan has the economic power alone to return? The damage to the environment seems secondary in the face of that.
Do you see what you said ? the economy is more important to these people then killing the planet..........or did I miss read what you said?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I just remembered I had this in one of my Youtube lists. It might be interesting for everyone to see.

If you start at 1:15, it's coming up the coastlines to Japan and then pans across the North Pacific and down the American West Coast. The currents mean the US may or may not see anything of note and it's a REAL big ocean for dilution across the distance of the Pacific. Japan on the other hand? The problem sure won't be local much longer, if it still is at this point.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
The way i understand it, a becquerels is equal to a second of radioactivity.
I becquerels = 1 count per second
40 Trillion becquerels = 40 trillion counts per second
Which is like 1 curie.
*Shrugs*

Curie... Why does that sound familiar??? One of the first known people to die from radiation exposure. Anyways its 3,700,000,000Bq =1Cu. And 1 TBq= 27 curies. They reported 20-40TBq leaked out. That equals out to 540Cu- 1080Cu leaked out. And considering its TEPCO I would times the figure by 10 for starters. They have lied from the start and why stop now. so now your looking at 10800Cu... still *shrugging*?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
*Shrugs*
Yea...cause i still don't see what that means sorry.

Understand, it isn't so much the significance of the event and it's size that i shrug at, simple the unit of measurement meant to convey that size.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917

Originally posted by muse7
Why they haven't developed a program to launch nuclear waste into the sun is beyond me...are costs more important than the future of our planet?

400 tonnes of water would be almost impossible to store, just launch it into the sun and let it burn off.

If I remember correctly (I don't have time to look it up right now) it is the equivelant of and Olympic size swimming pool EVERY DAY. That's alot of water. Alot of space vehicles never to come back Can't ship out that much water every day. The money cost? Just won't happen.

We're talking millions/billions for one shipment (possibly each day) for how many years????

It's already been 2 1/2 years almost and the nightmare just continues.

Just can't/won't happen.
edit on 5-8-2013 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

Apart from the enourmous costs you'd also have the risk of an accident. Just imagine an event like Challenger with a vehicle filled to the brim with radioactive waste.
If they try to store it, at least they have it in one place.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join