It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Finally Admits The Truth: "Right Now, We Have An Emergency At Fukushima"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
Question, when the ocean water evaporates and forms clouds, does the radioactivity get transferred to the clouds and create radioactive rain?

Absolutely. Have you ever heard of or seen storms and water cyclones out at sea?? They are powerful enough to throw crap inland hundreds of miles. Years ago a huge storm hit the west coast area and the next day 100 miles inland I was picking parts of jelly fish guts off my windshield of my vehicle. So if jelly fish guts can get thrown around like that then I am sure a small radioactive particulate can. Something like this can happen and the government knows it. What happens if a storm hits a hot zone and shifts that crap and drops it on populated area inland?? This is very real and when I tell people this they think I am crazy.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sean

Originally posted by Foxy1
Question, when the ocean water evaporates and forms clouds, does the radioactivity get transferred to the clouds and create radioactive rain?

Absolutely. Have you ever heard of or seen storms and water cyclones out at sea?? They are powerful enough to throw crap inland hundreds of miles. Years ago a huge storm hit the west coast area and the next day 100 miles inland I was picking parts of jelly fish guts off my windshield of my vehicle. So if jelly fish guts can get thrown around like that then I am sure a small radioactive particulate can. Something like this can happen and the government knows it. What happens if a storm hits a hot zone and shifts that crap and drops it on populated area inland?? This is very real and when I tell people this they think I am crazy.

exactly Sean, for anyone interested do a search for "radioactive buckyballs" it should give you that govt. loving feeling you get when the tax bill comes, with a little nausea for good measure.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
Why cant they pump it into steel/lead drums and bury it in some old mine shaft like they do with the rest of the waste.
edit on 5-8-2013 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2013 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

It's so radioactive, that people can't get close to it . Combine the salt-water with radiation providing heat, and those barrels would just corrode and leak.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
reply to post by Dr1Akula

In about 10s of thousands of years some idiot will claim aliens when archaeologists dig sites up with radioactivity because the past will be forgotten by the future and the reminants will only be known by word of mouth flying machines, great wars, and powerful machines etc etc it is happening all over again

sorry for my sarcasm it may have been distasteful

There is one natural nuclear reactor in the world that was running 2 billions years ago, the Oklo region of Gabon:

inhabitat.com...

www.atlasobscura.com...

Or maybe some UFO's crashed all that time ago, and got crushed by sediment layers

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gumshoe
Tepco's challenge from the last sentence of the article:

How to prevent water, tainted with radioactive elements like cesium, from flowing into the ocean.

Unfortunately, it's not humanly possible. Maybe they can delay the water from getting back into the ocean a little, but that's it. Even if the workers didn't have to worry about dying after a few minutes of exposer time it'd be a difficult task. The amount of water that's becoming radioactive is way more than can ever be contained.
And contained for how long? Hundreds of years? Thousands?

They should have worked on reconstructing a closed circulation cooling system like the French have for their reactors. That works on two or more circulatings rings of water that exchange heat. One for the core, one from the sea, and one that exchanges between the two. For the closed systems they would need deionized water that wouldn't corrode whatever pipes they had.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

yes its the same here- i tell people about fukushima and the risks but nobody is home. people just dont want to know.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by glowdog
reply to post by sean

yes its the same here- i tell people about fukushima and the risks but nobody is home. people just dont want to know.

I agree, for some reason, this is not getting the attention it NEEDS. There is a BIG problem and it is only getting more serious.

Does anyone know what the possible impact this will have on sea life and eventually us??

Experts had estimated that 10,000 gallons of radioactive water leak from the reactors each month and currently, more than 200,000 tons of contaminated water are being stored at the plant.

Ending its cover-up, TEPCO has finally admitted that groundwater was continuing to leak into the Pacific Ocean, leading the Japanese regulator to classify the situation as an emergency and the government finally deciding to step in and take charge. It should not have come as a surprise though. Similar to how the experts had warned TEPCO about the vulnerability of the plant prior to the the accident, some experts had long ago also voiced concerns about contaminated water likely leaking into the ocean. But trying to save face, TEPCO hid the leaks.

Fukushima Disaster

Fukushima - LIVE UPDATES

As 300 tons of contaminated water flow daily into the Pacific from the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant, Japan’s government is working in crisis mode to make sure the leak, which the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) has failed to contain, is sealed. Recent shocking reports confirmed by government officials have revealed that for two years since the March 2011 earthquake that triggered the Fukushima disaster, hundreds of tons of groundwater running under the damaged power plant are being mixed with toxic water used to cool its reactors and then leak into the Pacific Ocean.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by Dr1Akula

The motivations of so many people in this world is simply:

"I won't be around to see it, so who cares?"

My own father said exactly that, with regards to some sort of potential future disaster we were discussing, and I was appalled. I found it hard to comprehend his attitude, his not giving a damn about what his great grandchildren will face. I also found it hard to hold my tongue - thankfully I did, otherwise there may have been a nuclear-scale argument in our household.

From the grassroots to the very top, too many people simply don't care what the future of this planet is. That is why we are in such a mess. Everyone's living for themselves, for the NOW, and to do so they need MONEY & RESOURCES, and that greedy attitude is the root of all evil; from the grassroots to the Paymasters.

What is needed in this world is for people to get over themselves a little more, and to start living for others - to make the leaving of a great legacy, for the benefit of those to come, their sole earthly ambition.

What is required is for some very powerful people to be very selfless, and sponsor the efforts to eradicate nuclear fuel in favour of something along the lines of zero-point energy generation. Then give out the technology for free.

Whether it will happen? Who can say... Maybe some have already tried, ending up shot down in flames for daring to leave the crumbling castle of the Elite, in search of treasure for the benefit of the masses.

It may sound trite and assumptive because it's been espoused so many times here on ATS... but this is a very viable (and possibly only) solution to TEPCO and the Fukushima problem: Jesus. He may give someone a novel idea of how to fix this.... If not, then I'm believing that Fukushima will be one of the reasons that He is coming back. He is coming back, you know ;-) Hopefully this is the only nuclear incident that we as a race will need rescuing from.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
some verses in this song that I like:
"Mother Nature on the run in the 1970s" ... what?!?! much worse now, my friend... much worse.
"I was hoping for a replacement, when the sun burst through the sky"... I personally like to think: the Son burst through the sky.
Young sings: "I was thinking of what a friend said... I was hoping it was a lie...." Not me!!! (as I wildly point to someone else!)

edit on 13/8/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join