It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since everyone understands that everything you post can be identified by the NSA, will you still say

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

It's funny you say that because in the last 12 months I've had viruses on 2 different computers (3 on my old pc and 1 on my new pc). 4 attacks in 12 months!! In all of the years before becoming a member of ATS I've had only 1 virus!

I'm not making any claims but..........I think its obvious what happened.

I haven't changed the content of my posts though. I'm not going to let that discourage me. I've got 2 computers so if one is getting fixed I'm still up and running on the other. They're not hurting me but they are making my computer guy a rich man!

i was at the "site that shall not be named" when it happened to me. i have went to that site a bunch of times and never had anything happen. hell i haven't even been banned there, which i found to be disappointing, seeing how everybody says they do.
edit on 5-8-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I've posted here less and less since joining here, because the longer I've been here the more I've realized I have little of substance to contribute and already there are to many "look at me!!!" posts to distract from the ugly truths that constantly pass us by.

That said while my beliefs have slowly evolved and refined over the years since I first began using the internet they are essentially the same core beliefs and anything written is indelible mark on the web. If it comes to the point where honest opinions and beliefs are viewed as a liability and a danger I am already damned.

Even if I had never said anything online, surveillance is becoming so intense that weather its today, five years from now or twenty years from now sooner or later they WILL take notice of me. The same goes for most every other person on the planet who falls outside of their algorithmic determination of average because average is necessary to preserve the status quo which has now been so heavily invested in and change, real change both good and bad can only ever come from the outliers.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Another reason i only use a one time pad for sending messages. I hope you guys all kept them hidden when i handed them out at the ATS Christmas Party last year

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
They terrify me.I do not want to worship this new god.

I am doing less online. Scared to comment on news. Winds often shift.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

You know, there are a couple of levels to what you are talking about. One is the expression of opinions. The second is investigation of matters best left unspoken. That is where things get weird.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well, I think that everyone should at least double what the say online, that will make it nearly impossible to sift through to find relevant information, enforce anything, or appear ethical while doing so.

Although I should say, in our current political and legal environment, it could be dangerous to do. Also, the mainstream media is starting to catch on to what is going on after it was targeted by the Obama Administration.

If the U.S. government continues on the path it is going on, we on ATS are really just forward observers, I am sure that it will eventually be hard to cover up what is going on.

What's the end goal, exactly? This all seems like it is rather unsustainable.
edit on 5-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I am speechless, to find so many people are so afraid to speak their mind and feelings on any subject that they care about...... The one person above all others you have to be honest with is yourself.. If you don't do that, you will never be happy on the inside, and live a life you can never be happy with..... I guess that's logical...isn't it?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

You know, there are a couple of levels to what you are talking about. One is the expression of opinions. The second is investigation of matters best left unspoken. That is where things get weird.

That is true. Matters best left unspoken is a legitimate way for the populace of the U.S. to tolerate laws that are unethical without there being civil unrest, I think it kind of eases tensions. Getting rid of that is not a good choice when it is being done unethically in conjunction with radicalized political parties.

As for freedom of expression of opinions, I kind of see it like this:

Illegitimate Laws Targeting Common Crimes
----------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

When you do post, make sure to constantly shift your beliefs and feelings... pro gun/anti gun ...travyon fan/zimmerman fan next day... Pro Obama/anti ...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
They cannot control my life since I can be happy in a buddhist/sikh monastery with very little comfort. And when you are not afraid of death, life becomes very different.

They are playing with karma and that can end very badly.

Also there will be a backlash from how US behaves. I was in my younger days pro US and even thought about living in the US: Now I do not want to even set foot in the US. That means no tourists. Also when the corporations outside US start to notice the real espionage that NSA is doing to help US corporations then we will probably see a little backlash in the US economy.
edit on 5-8-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
To those who would, or have suppressed their words online or elsewhere due to the revelations of what continues unhindered by the current, Obama administration. Realize this. Their actions and/or inactions in allowing all of this has taken away all or part of your Freedom of Speech. Let that sink in for a moment.

One of our treasured and respected, basic human rights has been taken away by THIS president. It doesn't matter if it wasn't Obama directly. It is Obama who holds the presidency and has allowed and supported the taking of your right. And even if it isn't all of it...it is too much.

THAT requires impeachment in my opinion. He took an oath to uphold the Constitution and not only didn't...but actively worked to silence it. Therefore...he lied during his oath...with no intent of honoring his word. That makes a liar.

When will you finally say "ENOUGH!"?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I am not going to bow in front of this government - so I will say what I want.

It's pretty clear by now that the "reset" is not far away!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
To those who would, or have suppressed their words online or elsewhere due to the revelations of what continues unhindered by the current, Obama administration. Realize this. Their actions and/or inactions in allowing all of this has taken away all or part of your Freedom of Speech. Let that sink in for a moment.

One of our treasured and respected, basic human rights has been taken away by THIS president. It doesn't matter if it wasn't Obama directly. It is Obama who holds the presidency and has allowed and supported the taking of your right. And even if it isn't all of it...it is too much.

THAT requires impeachment in my opinion. He took an oath to uphold the Constitution and not only didn't...but actively worked to silence it. Therefore...he lied during his oath...with no intent of honoring his word. That makes a liar.

When will you finally say "ENOUGH!"?

ok ENOUGH!!!!

now where do we go from here?

all i see is blatant lies and hypocrisy and so does most of everyone else, the biggest question in my own mind is why is everyone letting the politicians treat them with contempt? and why is everyone not only apathetic, but looking for someone else to lead the way? when did we all become so damned lazy? why do we take the blood that our ancestors spilt for our freedom for granted?
when we can answer some of those questions, then maybe we can move towards action, otherwise unless we as a society deal with our own demons, we are certain to only replace one evil with another evil.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I've known since the first time I went on the internet years ago that others including the government could monitor what I say. I usually only say things that are true unless it is an opinion. I don't try to destroy things, I try to offer ways to see the shortfalls of government and to fix the problems if I know some possible way.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm glad they are listening,
cause I got chit to say.

And they don't seem to hear me
in any other format I've found.

Mike

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

If they really wanted to know how i think they could save tons of money by just sending me a questionaire with everything they want to know about me.

Once they have my info .. now what??

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

If they really wanted to know how i think they could save tons of money by just sending me a questionaire with everything they want to know about me.

Once they have my info .. now what??

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hello? Well, if you know me, you know where I stand on this. Fuch the NSA!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
the nsa,cia,fbi,and the entire corrupt criminal government can all kiss my ass... i dont give a rats ass about any of them...we should get rid of all of them and start all over!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Absolutely. The greatest lesson to be learned from all of this, in my opinion, is that ANY ONE of us could be targeted and successfully painted as any sort of criminal. There is safety in numbers - when a protest gets large enough, police can do little besides get out of the way. Same thing here - the more people there are spreading anti-establishment discourse in public forums, the more we all collectively reinforce each other's safety.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join