It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden claims that the world is on the verge of a catastrophic event?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Snowden claims that the world is on the verge of a catastrophic event?

denesen.mk

This is in Macedonian, so if you want to read the original story visit the link. I translated it in English in the comment bellow.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5-8-2013 by JohnnyJohn4578 because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Aug 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: restored title

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Okay this is weird. I was reading the news on a Macedonian website(it's my native country) anyway I stumbled upon a new article saying that Snowden exposed a plan that solar flares were going to kill millions of people. Afterwards I went on Google News to check out that information but there were only two headlines about that and when I clicked on both of them, it said that the article no longer existed.

Anyway , I will translate it for you.
"The secret that the CIA has been hiding for years has been exposed. Soon enough millions of people will die due to solar explosions(not sure if it's the correct term) that carry the codename "killshot". These clames are made by Edward Snowden.

It sounds incredible but the documents released by Snowden prove that the CIA knew that the following events that are going to change the course of mankind are inevitable and they knew that for about 14 years.
As part of the project that Snowden worked on, NASA allowed access to it's databases. The results were that the solar explosions are going to be terrible, they will destroy the most of the electronics that the humans rely on, it will cause shortage of food and water, and the only ones that will have access to these resources after the devastating event would be people and countries that are part of the elite. The only way to survive in these kind of circumstances would be with the help of the technology and the special objects made during the Cold War that are able to sustain Nuclear attacks. This information was distributed through "Esoreiter.ru" based on the information provided by Snowden.

denesen.mk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyJohn4578

Man I should set this as my signature.

Hoax, Snowden has only given a 2 part interview for 2 newspapers exposing prism, one public hearing, which no such thing said
Also its an agreement he has with Russia for his asylum.

edit on 5-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm no expert on the sun, but I don't think this kind of thing could be predicted 14 years ahead. I'll say this is fake.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I gave you a flag and star(s) for this info, and then went to the link in your second post. Let Google translate it - but, this news source - how reliable is it, in your experience?

Sounds rather like the National Enquirer or the Daily Mail....

and, it seems rather sensational to begin with. I'll look around, though...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I think we need to wait for some more confirmation, I hear a lot of things like this that end up not being genuine etc. Not saying that it's definitely false though, not at all, just that we nmeed to investigate further into its legitimacy. They definitely are persuing him with much more intensity than anyone could expect though. I for one hope that he is able to evade their clutches and continue his life in safety.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Already posted 11 days ago, www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

This is not something new. And has been talked about before.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and there's even more.

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a< br />
I've been reading about this for years. So this just confirms that they know this might happen.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Sincerely I'm a little sceptic when it comes to this. Regarding the news source, I would say it's pretty okay from what I hear but there's always the possibility that this a hoax.

Sorry. I looked for topics like this but couldn't find, anyway I apologize for posting something that was posted before.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepVisions

It is common knowledge that sun spots run a 11 year cycle.

wiki sun cycle

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
That information is well known. The sun can unleash some stuff that will wipe out the electronic gridwork that we have, that is not classified information. It's not like it is any kind of secret, it has been all over the net, even supplied from the government agencies. It is not something that will kill many people directly, it is the fact that we are too reliant on electronics and electricity that is the problem.

Everyone should have a couple of months supply of food on hand in rotation, and seeds, supplies, and knowledge of how to garden on hand. Keeping things civil is the important in a case like this, worse things have happened in the past. Nothing new, no hoax, just a bunch of people who are ignoring the facts that we have to be prepared to take care of our families in bad times. If this happens, communities can work together, kick out the people who try to abuse the system you create, the community can help us to survive. Watch out for the goat or fox, they will try to steal the food to sell or trade it.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by staple
reply to post by DeepVisions

It is common knowledge that sun spots run a 11 year cycle.

wiki sun cycle

Yes it is common knowledge. That has nothing to do with a "Killshot" being predicted 14 years beforehand.
edit on 5-8-2013 by DeepVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I dont know how familiar you are with the status of our Sun and its behavior over its eleven year cycle, but the way you describe what you read, sounds like Mr Snowden, allegedly claims that the world is going to be bombarded by solar matter, in a series of very powerful Coronal Mass Ejections, or C.M.E. for short. Now, as I said, I am not sure how much you know about the sun, but the chances of repeated, Earth facing CME bursts large enough and sustained enough to destroy ALL electronic components everywhere are pretty damned low.

They are not, however, as low as the chance of NASA, or anyone else for that matter, being able to spot them 14 years from thier origination.

Edit for clarification:
CME can be predicted, but to do so more than a decade before hand is still pretty damned loose, in terms of its accuracy. Also, it would be very strange for Mr Snowden to have made these comments given that his asylum conditions are that he refrains from speaking ill of his nation and its various apendages during his stay there.
edit on 5-8-2013 by TrueBrit because: REASONS!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
As hellobruce pointed out this was posted over a week ago.

The story originated on a satire news site, think "The Onion".

That's why the original thread is in the Jokes Forum.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Not this utter rubbish AGAIN!

Snowden has stated he has only given intervews with the Guardian. Why would he not tell them something like this but then tell something this important to some woo woo crazy alternative news source instead?

THINK PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Sheesh its like some people will beleive anything they see on the internet

By the way snowden told me to avoid a kill shot you need to send all your money to me? PM for bank details

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce
Already posted 11 days ago, www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join