It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Caffeine Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
My alcohol, yes.
My cigarettes, maybe.
My coffee, never.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ain't it a little strange you've got something you take that you can't function without, or even bear the thought of functioning without?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Bit of a stretch to compare caffeine as a stimulant on the same level to others isn't? Technically it is a stimulant, but there is a reason why amphetamine, for example is illegal, and a cup of coffee from Starbucks isn't. The reason being, that neurologically, they have completely different effects and subsequent resulting behaviours and functioning. To compare the two is pretty extreme, but so is comparing it on the level to all other stimulants in general.

Add to the factor that it tastes good, gives a little boost to stimuli, and is popular all over the world, then you can see why it would be any big companies dream in a capitalist society to market it too.

Can't really see any conspiracy here.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I think caffeine could never be made illegal because it's so prevalent. As well as coffee and tea, there would have to be alterations to the recipes of Coca-Cola, chocolate, some painkillers and medicines. All of those have international companies with far too much power and influence to allow caffeine to become illegal.

That said caffeine does have many beneficial effects. As well as obvious effects like reduced fatigue and increased mental alertness, it can also reduce pressure in the brain by 30% (which can often help headaches and migraines), it dilates the coronary arteries (providing more oxygen to the heart), and is often in substances with other benefits (eg. coffee contains many antioxidants).

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hi all!
Big coffee drinker here. Caffeine actually helps me with headaches, and while I enjoy coffee....I don't consider myself 'addicted' to it.
Alcohol? Now that's another story. Booze is legal.

I have never had 3-4 coffees and then slammed my car into a minivan full of children.
Coffee doesn't make me nasty and beat my spouse or yell at my kids.
It doesn't dull my senses and make me sound like a drooling idiot.
I've never experienced 'coffee goggles' that make every man attractive enough to go home with one randomly.
I have never had 'one too many' and publicly humiliated myself.
Never had to spend the night at a shelter because my spouse was drinking coffee and threatening my safety.

I'm not quite sure why alcohol is so socially acceptable...but then, I don't drink. (Can't...it gives me migraines).
Soooo.....I'm gonna go make another pot of java and head over to the 'Coffee Drinkers thread' lol!

jacygirl

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
'They' can take away the tobacco (I already kicked the smoking thing)
'They' can take away the booze (I enjoy an occasional drink but can do without it)
If 'they' try to take away my coffee we're gonna have a problem

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
No conspiracy here, unless they try to take coffee away!

*sip*

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Mixing caffeine with the coca leaf can cause adjuvant action to the small amounts of coc aine in the leaves.. en.wikipedia.org... I have known people who use coc aine, they are most often overpowering and possibly a little bullyish. Now add a little Carbon dioxide, which is also an adjuvant and this adds to the increased coc aine expression. www.fao.org... Look at the heading on the graph. They were able to use chemistry to adjuvate a mild drug in the leave to have higher psychotropic properties.

This means that the coke creates a coc aine buzz even though the extract isn't that strong. It gives false confidence. This is perfectly legal and the tests that test for the presence of coc aine in the body take this into consideration.

I think that this insight by the scientists at coke is worth commending, when they were faced with a change in the law, they modified their formula to get the same psychotropic effect.

It seems like people admire people with confidence, even though the confidence may not be based on reality. Welcome to America.

edit on 26-8-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
It seems like people admire people with confidence, even though the confidence may not be based on reality. Welcome to America.

edit on 26-8-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Fake it til you make it! (lol)
jacygirl

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So many people caffeine dependent. Of course, it's better than being dependent on other chemicals, but that's because it's acceptable in society.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join