It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don’t think anything will come of the “supposed” upcoming terrorist attacks.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by opethPA

I don't have a title.

But yes, I have many post, and have started topics, and was called some pretty harsh words because of them.

But let's think about arming the bad guys< do you agree it has been done?

And not by just this administration?

My fault for not being clear.
I was saying your article about arming others had nothing to do really with the title of this post.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Well my brain is kinda wacky that way, I see it as an added dimension to the story.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

A terrorist threat? Close up shop and run away!
OMG!

I remember, back in the day, when America was a strong country. A country that faced problems head-on.

Right or wrong, good or bad, we ACTED, not REACTED. If there was a threat, we added marines.

We didn't close the blinds, turn off the lights, and hope that they went away.

As to upcoming terrorist attacks? We are at war. The enemy didn't surrender last time I checked.

I hope no-one gets hurt and we get the bad guys. But beyond that, this panic mode closure smells to high heavens!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
Personally in reading the various chatter about possible threats I have taken one thing out of them.. Conditions are right for the possibility of an attack. My saying I think something is going to happen would be as incomplete as you saying something isn't going to happen.

I’ve studied and practiced asymmetrical warfare the majority of my military career. In that essence, the time is always right to strike.

Whether it is through actual violence, political, economic or even religious.

But my gut is telling me that in this particular case, something fishy is going on. There is way to much supposed information out there flowing through the MSM and it really isn’t saying anything other than be afraid. The boogyman is comin' to git ya.

Limiting oneself to certain dates to strike is setting yourself up for failure. But it makes for a great news cycle.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

This could be concocted by the government to justify the NSA's intelligent gathering techniques and to make the public more accepting of Snowden's guilt. Let's face it, the government could tell us any lie, and without any facts or evidence, the public usually takes their word for it. It's like a "see, we told you so" scenario.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by opethPA
Personally in reading the various chatter about possible threats I have taken one thing out of them.. Conditions are right for the possibility of an attack. My saying I think something is going to happen would be as incomplete as you saying something isn't going to happen.

I’ve studied and practiced asymmetrical warfare the majority of my military career. In that essence, the time is always right to strike.

Whether it is through actual violence, political, economic or even religious.

But my gut is telling me that in this particular case, something fishy is going on. There is way to much supposed information out there flowing through the MSM and it really isn’t saying anything other than be afraid. The boogyman is comin' to git ya.

Limiting oneself to certain dates to strike is setting yourself up for failure. But it makes for a great news cycle.

Regardless of if you and I are on the same page thanks for that response, it's the logical and well thought out type thing that ATS needs more of .

Agreed, I do not in anyway think we should ever assume that an attack, home grown/foreign operative/false flag, should be limited to a specific optime I just haven't seen anything about this current phase of fear mongering that is any different than the other spikes. I guess actually the one difference would be operational variables such as the revelations , only for those that were blind, about the current intelligence gathering techniques being used by the NSA and how an event of some sort could be used as justification for those techniques.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Graham: Al Qaeda 'on steroids' since Benghazi attack

Read more: thehill.com...
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Top administration officials huddled at the White House late Saturday over a terror threat that provoked the State Department to close more than 20 diplomatic posts and issue a worldwide travel alert.

According to multiple media reports, U.S. officials say they’ve obtained new intelligence suggesting that al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula is in the final stages of planning attacks against a handful of U.S. and Western targets across the Middle East and Northern Africa.

“The goal is to drive us out of the Middle East…they want to drive the West out of the Mideast and take over these Muslim countries and create an al Qaeda-type religious entity in the place of what exists today,” Graham said. “So this is an effort to terrorize us, to drive us out of the Mideast, and if we ever take the bait and try to come and home and create fortress America, there will be another 9/11.”

Has our government helped create this situation?
edit on 103131p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EA006

Lol...... If that happens, then life as we know it, is in fact, a Hollywood movie! :-)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If America think they will get a warning of any terror attack going to happen they are more mad than everyone thinks. Each time a terror attack warning has been made nothing happens, but, yes but once the warning is canceled and we go off watch you always get a big attack.
UK are just the same, everytime alerts have been put lower an attack happens.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

There is a part of me that say if this is news true, then there is a massive failure on the part of our Intel agencies. Someone kept quiet to protect a source for too long. Or maybe they've even been penetrated through the use of contractors. But to me if this is true, it also speaks volumes that someone has lost control of the agencies they represent. And they had no choice but to release the info. It’s a pretty rare thing for the U.S. government to admit that.

My point is, we should always be vigilant. The timing of this leak/press release is too suspicious in my mind. It smacks of ineptitude on the alphabet agencies part or political machinations.

And I stand by my prediction. If there is an attack, it will be in Indonesia. From a tactical and strategic point of view, it just makes sense.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
They could at least blow up a Justin Bieber concert
Please Al qaeda? Pretty please?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The timing of this leak/press release is too suspicious in my mind.

I'm not sure I understand why you feel that way, considering that Yemen is a hotbed for Al Qaeda and they are all up in arms over the fact that Yemen's President was in the U.S. meeting with Obama on Wednesday vowing to assist each other in fighting terrorism and setting up Yemen's new government. This isn't any different than Hamas shooting rockets into Israel every time the Palestinian Authority meets with the United Nations to create a Palestinian state. The extremists don't want outside interference, their motto is that "resistance is the only way to victory".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join