It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CPS confiscates healthy girl from parents who smoked pot, gave to murderous foster mom

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
At the point my child was becoming bruised is the point I become a criminal.

I would not hesitate to take my child back if I knew they where in danger.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It is all a money making racket....just as LEO are raking in $ for their town/city budgets, CPS does the same...It is easy for a child to go in, way difficult to get them OUT....The most "adoptable" children are babies or under 5 years of age...In many cases small children are kept in the system to be adopted (which of course creates "revenue" for the State) yet kids above this age level are not removed as "easily" or kept in the system as long....A very dear friend of mine works for CPS, (We call it DHHS in my state) BUT!!! She is on the side to get these children BACK IN THEIR homes....not keeping them from their parents if it is truly unneccesary, it is a difficult battle she faces each and every time the child is young, yet the older ones are easier to re-unite....Disgusting either way....RIP baby girl....

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Wow what a horrible story. RIP lil girl & respects to her parents.
We should start a petition that could hopefully go worldwide 'decriminalise cannabis'.
Hell, we all know someone else that could sign it & they would also know someone else to sign etc etc etc.
Before you know it the peoples of the world could speak out in one voice & have a say in just one thing in our lives.
Sorry getting carried away.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i know people that work on the 'inside' of gov and see this kind of stuff all the time...tho not usually resulting in death....but most certainly and quite often involve abuse of all kinds and negligence.....BUT goshdarn those foster parents good or bad sure be makin some MOH-NAY off o' these kidlets.....hoo rah...i guess i better sign up!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

I've been in the foster care system. After I was adopted, a case worker mentioned that any child in the foster care system has a 2 in 3 chance of landing in an abusive or poorly maintained home. My personal experience testifies to those exact odds. Granted, that was many years ago...but I've never gotten the impression that the government is particularly interested in revamping the foster care system. They've got better things to take care of, I suppose.

edit on 4-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I would trust a pot smoker over an alcoholic any day.
War on drugs doesn't make any sense,

Creating criminals and dangerous sub-cultures its the only thing the war on drugs its good for,
As well as allowing government control over everything.

This is wrong.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

well at least she didn't live to become a drug addict..... good job cps??

i am confused as hell.

all kidding aside... i think they need to take situations case by case and not just make sweeping decisions based on the law.

The laws against this particular controlled substance is completely retarded.. it is no different than alcohol.. I just don't understand the stigma on it.

it is extremely retarded of the parents to have smoked to put themselves in a position to have their daughter taken away... I think the love of my child would take first place to my love of a controlled substance.

regardless of whether or not it should be illegal it is not worth the risk. I would jump through all the hoops simply to keep my daughter safe

as usual don't do things to put your fate or the fate of your loved ones in the hands of others. You never know what your going to get if you do.

Wonder if he will stop smoking.. his love of it cost him his daughters life.

Having said that...

CPS is out of hand and they really need to stop jacking kids out of homes like this. I think removing kids should be the last case scenario unless it is blatantly obvious kids need to be removed.

i think one poster already said stupid people making stupid decisions cost this little girl her life... what a sham.e
edit on 4-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I've been in the foster care system. After I was adopted, a case worker mentioned that any child in the foster care system has a 2 in 3 chance of landing in an abusive or poorly maintained home. My personal experience testifies to those exact odds. Granted, that was many years ago..

Statistics are difficult to find, but these days a child is 3-6 times more likely to die in foster care than with their natural parents. This man is not alone, he just went public. He is very brave. In these situations, CPS has been known to target the friends, family and even the attorneys of the people with the temerity to speak up.

It is a money-making scheme. For the states and for many (although not all) foster parents. To say that the system is broken is an understatement. It is beyond non-functional. It is a shameful, wicked scenario that is invested in tearing families apart.

I hope this story goes huge, but I doubt that it will.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It actually used to be quite worse. In the 80s, in Colorado, I was in group homes (which are even worse than foster homes), and then in a foster home where I underwent some pretty severe mental abuse over 8 or so years. I ran away twice - once many of the children in the home came with me (we were dumb and young.. but wanted to get out of there). Social services were all but useless. Back then, they just needed homes. So drug use among their natural kids was normal - as was incest, and other abuse.

It's still pretty bad.. it needs a lot of regulation. They just don't have the manpower to properly maintain it. Pity they don't have money for that. But they are too busy spending I dunno.. more than 10 times the amount of the next 10 countries in "defense" budget to be able to spend money on stuff like schools, foster care, homeless issues, etc. Yup.. we know what our priorities are here in the States!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
At the point my child was becoming bruised is the point I become a criminal.

I would not hesitate to take my child back if I knew they where in danger.

I would have gone to jail if it meant my child would live.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is unbelievably common, it is a miracle this one got reported. CPS is usually better at covering these stories up and discrediting the parents.

I have seen so much corruption with CPS. My friend hit the man who molested her daughter with a car. Maybe not wasn't the right thing to do, but a very normal reaction. She went to jail, and her kids ended up in foster car. Her children were SOLD for profit. Our local government officials are deeply entrenched in this.
They do not help children who are truly being abused. They only take kids that are profitable unless it is a situation that will make them look bad due to publicity.

Kids with behavior issues due to abuse, they don't want those kids. It might take away from thier profits if they have to spend a lot to get the child help and would be way to much work.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This woman was murdered trying to expose the corruption in CPS.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I notice some people saying its a travesty that a child was removed from the parents' custody because the parents smoked weed, then go on to say if the parents were junkies or meth addicts, then any children should be removed.

I would suggest that children should not be removed from any parents, despite what any parents put into their bodies, until it is demonstrated that the parents aren't parenting well (and even then, taking the kids away would require some careful thinking, weighing and evidence).

Being on a chemical, or even addicted to one, doesn't necessarily preclude competent action or thought, or being a loving parent. There are exceptions to any generalities.
edit on 8/4/2013 by Baddogma because: clarifying (didnt want the statement to be misread as the kids were smoking weed)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma

I notice some people saying its a travesty that a child was removed from the parents' custody because they smoked weed, then go on to say if the parents were junkies or meth addicts, then any children should be removed.

I would suggest that children should not be removed from any parents, despite what any parents put into their bodies, until it is demonstrated that the parents aren't parenting well (and even then, taking the kids away would require some careful thinking, weighing and evidence).

Being on a chemical, or even addicted to one, doesn't necessarily preclude competent action or thought, or being a loving parent. There are exceptions to any generalities.

Well said..

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is a very sad story.

Blame the drug war, yes.

also blame the people who screened these people as 'suitable' foster parents. those are the ones at fault here. not pot, nor the biological parents fault. Social workers are quick to rip kids from their homes without really knowing who they're sending them to.
edit on 8/4/2013 by ugie1028 because: super grammar fail

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

It's actually 'cause you mentioned sensitive drug related products.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have no real history with CPS or foster homes for that matter but I do assume its a hard job.

There are many times (including recently in UK) where the CPS fail to act with kids being beaten by their own parents and I guess the argument is the parents wee obviously given the benefit of the doubt.

In this case it seems like over the top antics again where it's action first, questions later and without all the facts I wouldn't like to comment if it was the right decision.
If it was just a little weed smoking after bedtime then it's ludicrous.

Then the questions should be how many times do you see your kid with bruises before you step in?
I guess the answer 100% of the time will be = the first time.

All that out of the way, another sad story which looks preventable, too many of these lately.
edit on 4-8-2013 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2013 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join