It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many ATS members produce their own music?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hey boys and gals.

Was just wondering how many of you produce your own music? Does not matter what type, how good or whatever, I just want to know a rough idea....

I ask because I have had a cool idea to bring the music forum right up top, and to bring the ATS community together more.

I was thinking (If the site owners are willing to come on board) of starting an ATS Soundcloud page. Where all us ATS'ers can upload our music. If one of the site owners reads this please message me regarding this!

Depending on the type of reaction we get etc, we could potentially get a really good page going! I would happily run the page, people could email me (I will make up an email) there songs, and I would upload them. It would be a great way for a collective of musicians to get together and share music more!

What do we think?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm in. Good idea to my mind hope the site owners agree.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It of course is a good idea...
I have seen members post links to their music in this (Music) forum. This forum is already the perfect venue to share, it only needs a minor adjustment.
Most amateur musicians like ourselves today use Soundcloud to share sounds, as peoples' videos are shared on YouTube.
So as per the suggestion of brace22, perhaps ATS could provide the tool to EMBED a Soundcloud Player, again, as we are able to embed YouTube Videos.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Here is something else you or I could to right now. Go to Soundcloud, click Create a Group, and call it ATS Members Group or something. People will find it and post to there. And if you want to hear songs by just ATS members you could just go to the Group to listen.
When I was just now looking into this, I found a nicely done tune called Above Top Secret.com!

soundcloud.com...

This is a really well produced, strong song, I like it a lot!
edit on 3-8-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

This is the idea! I think a group would be easier for members to post on. But there will have to be some terms etc. Such as only complete songs, nothing too offensive etc

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

I play bass (thats a euphamism for making obscene noises with four thick strings) and I used to have a weekly session with two guitarists and a drummer (the drummer is a machine, after a ten year break he walked into the practice room, and dropped a 230bpm riff on us. Sick doesnt even cover it).

However, we never recorded, because we had neither the money to rent, or ownership of, the required equipment. Playing metal requires some kind of recording suite, no matter how small and pathetic, but we never got our hands on the gear. We had some laughs though. We all suffered various economic set backs over the last eighteen months, and havent been able to even get in the practice room for a long time.

tis sad.

However, I would love to see ATS get a soundcloud, if only so I could see what everyone is up to. I am a metalhead myself, but some of the stuff ATS members have created is pretty cool, genre preference aside.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yep, im in.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I am not a metal fan, I never got into it, but as a fellow musician, to hear that, is an absolute bummer. I would always say, regardless of money, just get your band together and jam. Nothing better than that!

I really want to set it up, but I do not think I will get the backing for it. I mean I have had 5 replies. Not enough if you ask me. I have had big ideas for this soundcloud project. I really want to do it!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Regard getting the band together, I agree with you. I think the problem is that because all of us live in small places, and because of the volume and tempo of our particular sound, and because all our homes are surrounded by neighbors, the only places we CAN practice properly, are purpose built rooms. The cheapest of them, that we can find, is approximately eight miles from my place, and three from the drummers. The drummer can barely afford to travel three miles these days, the guitarists, well, one is out of work, the other lives in a whole other town, and none of us can afford to travel and rent the room at the moment.

If we tried to practice at the drummers appartment, his entire building would call the police, and we wouldnt all fit in any one room of his home. Its all a bit of a pain in the butt at the moment.

Regarding your soundcloud idea, have you actually asked Skeptic Overlord or any of the mods about it? If they arent prepared to put the effort into setting it up right now (which I understand, the site is going through an overhaul, and has been attracting members steadily for years, therefore there is much to do just lately) ask them if they would mind you starting such a venture off your own back.

Its worth a punt !

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I just opened up a new garageband file called "ATS"

It's already sounding kind of futuristic

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
soundcloud.com...

There's your 20 minute production ATS

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo

When I was just now looking into this, I found a nicely done tune called Above Top Secret.com!

soundcloud.com...

This is a really well produced, strong song, I like it a lot!
edit on 3-8-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

*Cough*

Thanks for the mention!! I am SiriusAnkh

Yeah I'm all for an ATS Group on Soundcloud and better still a SC Embed code...

Marty

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I just opened up a new garageband file called "ATS"

It's already sounding kind of futuristic

It would make a nice intro to any conspiracy video. And the other tracks "rock" and "rock2" seem to be well suited for conspiracy documentary back ground music.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I have produced some audio stuff on soundcloud that is conspiracy related material.
These are all taken from Donald Rumsfeld testimony before Congress related to the Abu Ghraib torture scandal.

It's a trilogy of torture!

06 manifesto-takeout-19-rumsfeld bananas
soundcloud.com...

10 rumsfeld the rapper plus radioactive
soundcloud.com...

16 takeout-06-manifesto7-rumsfeld regrets
soundcloud.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I play upright bass, sax, 6 string, flute and harp. Mostly Blues, some rockabilly and country.
But most of my efforts go into being the music director for indy films and documentaries.

S&F

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hey guys sorry for the lateness of reply!!!

It's awesome there are at least a good few people on board.

So far it seems that a proper imbedded Soundcloud player would be awesome! But that is way out my hands.

Maybe a ATS group on Soundcloud would be the best way to go? And we could collectively promote it on this forum? I.E We each post a thread when we upload onto the page.

I am super busy atm, however I will get on this tomorrow!!!

Also, I too recently uploaded a new track !! soundcloud.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
We'll I would be in. I have some projects:

Shadowgrave - Doom/Black/Heavy metal band
No Other Path - Industrial Dark ambient project, I have 3 albums worth of songs but I'm still selecting the best ones
Dod Krake - Depressive Black/Heavy/Ambiental project, still fairly new, only some riffs and ideas

top topics

join