It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman with 7 personalities.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

If you look at her arm in the early part of the video, it looks like she has multiple cuts down her arm, evidence of self mutilation and possible emotional trauma? She might have been abused as a child, and this is how her mind is coping with it.

You also have to wonder if this could beyond a psychological problem and possibly a paranormal or maybe a conflict in reincarnation? I know those ideas seem far fetched, but who knows? Science doesn't have an answer for everything.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by jiggerj

If you look at her arm in the early part of the video, it looks like she has multiple cuts down her arm, evidence of self mutilation and possible emotional trauma? She might have been abused as a child, and this is how her mind is coping with it.

You also have to wonder if this could beyond a psychological problem and possibly a paranormal or maybe a conflict in reincarnation? I know those ideas seem far fetched, but who knows? Science doesn't have an answer for everything.

I saw those scars. Pretty bad. Before considering reincarnation I'd have to go with extreme mental and sexual abuse. What I'm curious about is how developing other personalities helps to cope with such trauma. If a child can't cope, how does taking on the personality of another child alleviate such pain?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I saw those scars. Pretty bad. Before considering reincarnation I'd have to go with extreme mental and sexual abuse. What I'm curious about is how developing other personalities helps to cope with such trauma. If a child can't cope, how does taking on the personality of another child alleviate such pain?
reply to post by jiggerj

It could be she's psychologically using the other personalities to escape remembering her abuse. Kind of like she's mentally trying to put herself into another body/person. Thinking in that way a totally different person didn't receive the abuse she did. The mind works in mysterious ways. Having said that, I'm not a psychologist and don't pretend to be one.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It could be she's psychologically using the other personalities to escape remembering her abuse. Kind of like she's mentally trying to put herself into another body/person. Thinking in that way a totally different person didn't receive the abuse she did. The mind works in mysterious ways. Having said that, I'm not a psychologist and don't pretend to be one.

Neither am I, but it doesn't hurt to try to understand.

I thought that these extra personalities only rose to the surface in times of stress, but the woman having her brain waves tested seemed to be able to call them up at will. I dunno.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This woman is evil, is she! About her, is it good if I feeleth as if to thus sing:

1. Seven are they, seven are they!
2. As an evil reptile, appear do they!
3. In the hollow of the deep, seven are they
4. Children monstrous, monstrous sons are they!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Self-harm is a pretty common behavior for people with DID. I'm not sure why, but every person i've met with the diagnosis has been a cutter.

What you just described is spot on in how the disorder develops.
edit on 4-8-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
I just finished watching movie on Medusa she has head with seven snakes on it. Ancient symbology for woman with multiple personalities?
Astrality for the Redeemer Perseus, Son Of Zeus, who rises in Aries through the Heavens to kill the evil Medusa?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Many of the undiagnosed and diagnoses DIDs cases are spirit attachemnts. There are two approaches.

1) Run the gamut of DID tresting and therapies and if there is no positive adjustment, off to the Spirit Depossession and Release Therapist (usually a hypnotherapist) you go.

2) Reverse the above.

I prefer the 2nd.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I came across this thread and Helen’s story and felt the need to reply.

In Part 3 of Helen's story it mentions Satanic ritual abuse. This really hit me because I had a good friend who'd suffered from a multiple personality disorder for many years and who claimed that she was victimized by Satanic ritual abuse as a child, in which she was sexually abused by men in black gowns of this group that her father belonged to (which she claimed were Freemasons (when not wearing black and doing demonic things.) She said that she was called a 'Reader' and they would hurt her to break her psychological defenses so a demon could enter her body and speak through her. She said that the trauma was so great that she had to choose between death or a personality split, and so she chose the latter.

I seem to remember reading about the same scenario in regard to water boarding torture: death or a personality split. Water boarding is an especially horrible form of torture which creates a drowning sensation and thus an overwhelming, crushing feeling on the mind. At any rate, it takes something extremely traumatic on the mind to force it to happen. It seems to be a last-ditch effort to maintain sanity (or life.)

If Helen is ever to get help she will either need to have deep regression hypnosis treatment to recall the memories (but this could be dangerous because she’s buried this memory and created alternate personalities for a very serious reason) or a shaman or other inspired spiritualist who might reach her on a psychic level and heal her somehow. The problem lies deep inside her unconscious, buried and defended.

Sad indeed.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Multiple personality disorder or Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) is found on Axis II of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) which is used in the United States. It is a very real disorder; although is it very rare having a prevalence of 0.5-1.0% of the population. And is typically only manifested in individuals who have experienced severe trauma during childhood and adolescence. The individual when approached with a repeated traumatic event, such as sexual abuse, will dissociate during the event. Taking on a different personality than their own to deal with the emotional stress of the situation so the actual self doesn't have to experience the trauma.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join