It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA now knows what your IP is and what you typed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

The Guardian has one of the best reports on that XKEYSCORE software program right now:

www.theguardian.com...

In addition, they apparently also have the only report so far of top politicians meeting at the White House the last few hours today with the President regarding the XKEYSCORE software. The Congressional leaders' patience is evidently running thin in a bipartisan way:

www.theguardian.com...

There's also a distraction factor: All the US TV news is mesmerized by today's sentencing of the former bus driver in Ohio who kidnapped 3 women for 10 years.

edit on 8/1/2013 by Uphill because: Add text.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation

Originally posted by Helious

Seriously who #ing cares...and I mean this in the nicest way . I've got nothing to hide, never did, never will. If this is what it takes to protect us from terrorists then I am willing to give that up. They've been doing it for years anyways without our knowledge.

Sieg Heil!

What is that German?

Love your avatar by the way. If I'm correct that is Galactus...the baddest of bad ass MF's out there.

Yes, it is German. The meaning is loosely hail to the call of victory but was more often used as a salute to the furor or chanted at mass Nazi party rallies.

In addressing your post slightly more seriously, I will spare you my prattling and just leave you with some words from a couple people that put it more eloquently then I ever could.

Seriously who #ing cares...and I mean this in the nicest way . I've got nothing to hide, never did, never will.

"The only way to make sure people you agree with can speak is to support the rights of people you don't agree with."
ELEANOR HOLMES NORTON

If this is what it takes to protect us from terrorists then I am willing to give that up.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

They've been doing it for years anyways without our knowledge

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt."
JOHN PHILPOT CURRAN

And yes, I't is Galactus a being with God like power with no conscience only self centered logic but displaying no particular evil or goodness. An interesting character to follow.
edit on 1-8-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Seriously who [SNIP] cares...and I mean this in the nicest way
. I've got nothing to hide, never did, never will. If this is what it takes to protect us from terrorists then I am willing to give that up.

Not singling you out here, because your opinion certainly doesn't classify you as the Lone Ranger... but this is exactly what has gone wrong with this nation. You may have no problem with it, but those of us who believed in America and believed in our freedoms have a pretty goddamned major problem with it. At this point the government and anyone who buys into their argument can shove their terrorist boogeymen excuses straight up their ass and head for the nearest EXIT door. "This is to protect us from terror" is pretty much a universal display of an empty scrotum, which is sad considering America once had a large, shiny brass set they proudly displayed to all the world...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
From the time when the Internet first came into existence, anyone that believed that they were able to post anonymously, was fooling only themselves. If people worry about what the government knows about you, let me clue you in, they know anything that they want to know about you. If that bothers you, try to find some place else where there are no people, no satellite overflights, a place where drones can't fly, and a place that nobody else in the world knows about, and if you find such a place, go there, and don't tell anyone else about it.
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, or in this case, off the internet.
A consoling thought- When has the government ever done anything right?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I for one like others have a problem with NSA spying on any one with out due cause, for it is a violation of your 1st and 4th amendment rights, for it does limit what you can say and gives them the right to search with out cause or search warrant , it also means being guilty before being innocent, where is once was innocent till proven guilty.

There is no more checks and balances of justice just a police state where what you say, post, or type, will be used against you! No court of law needed to prove your not guilty, for you are in their eyes but will have slim chance of proving you not guilty but innocent.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Seriously who #ing cares...and I mean this in the nicest way
. I've got nothing to hide, never did, never will. If this is what it takes to protect us from terrorists then I am willing to give that up. They've been doing it for years anyways without our knowledge.

I agree with this sentiment. I have nothing to hide, per say, and I am not shy about how I live my life. I don't care who knows what I am doing.

The problem I have with this kind of surveillance is who oversees its use? Who decides what is done with the information and who keeps them in check?

We have a large amount of information and power put under the control of a few, secret, unelected persons. They can use that information to dictate policy without public scrutiny. Blackmailing of politicians and judges to set their agenda is one application that should trouble you.

That is the problem I have with this "security".

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I am quite sure they know my opinion on them....and here is a visual for a better understanding:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
But what they don't know is what I'm thinking..Muahahahahaha

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What they REALLY like are the posts and gmail messages you type into the provided online text editor, but then choose in your more rational state, to delete for whatever reason, and not send.

Those are extraordinarily revealing; the posts which you thought the better of sending...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the NSA, I emailed myself the DHS buzzword list and put it in my spam mail folder.

*smirk* Go ahead NSA read my spam mail folder.

Oh and you should all google the latest cookware failure of our generation, the Pressure Cooker Backpack. The biggest marketing bomb of our generation.

M.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join