It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stan Lees The Unbreakable man - fake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I was just watching this video which seemed impressive until I watched it for a second time..

Now there is no doubt that this guy has done a lot of physical training to be able to do what he can do but is it Chi? I think not.

The first trick of bending the metal is done by years of hard body training. When you repeatedly smash the bones of your body they regrow but with a much higher bone density. After many years your bones are hard enough to withstand things that would shatter any of our bones. That's just a medical fact and its called Wolfs Law.

Wolff's law is a theory developed by the German anatomist and surgeon Julius Wolff (1836–1902) in the 19th century that states that bone in a healthy person or animal will adapt to the loads under which it is placed. If loading on a particular bone increases, the bone will remodel itself over time to become stronger to resist that sort of loading.The internal architecture of the trabeculae undergoes adaptive changes, followed by secondary changes to the external cortical portion of the bone,perhaps becoming thicker as a result.

Source

Theres also a video here that explainshard body training at about 5 mins in.

So no Chi involved there.

The second trick while very risky is just a trick of physics like when someone lays on a bed of nails. The spears are not sharp in any way. The exact point of the neck where the spear is pressed against is suprisingly strong on everyone, there are many example of people bending spears and metal polls using that exact point. They couldnt do the same with any other point on the neck. Breaking the block over his body is also a trick. Most of the force is absorbed by the breaking of the block itself and is radiated outwards as the block shatters. If they had used a material that didn't break then the full force of the sledge hammer would go through to his body and could easily cause him some real damage even with blunt spears. So no Chi used here.

But the third trick is the biggest deception of all and I think the presenters of the show are in on the lie as well. It looks very impressive when he drills himself especially as we have seen the drill go through wood and there are pressure sensors giving a reading of 50lb/square inch. So how is it a trick? Well first of all they are letting him push the drill, second its a 2 handled drill and third then only put the sensors on the back handle.

Notice how they don't show the hands at all at this point:

Because the sensor is only on the back handle he can push towards himself with the hand on the back handle and push away from himself with the hand on the front handle. The two forces cancel each other out but the sensor on the back handle will give a high reading even though the is almost no pressure on the actual skin.

That's the reason for using a two handled drill.

No chi involved , its totally a fake. I think the presenters had to realize this.

edit on 31-7-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

You make convincing points. One thing I wanted to add is anyone that's done martial arts and has ever broken a board or broken a block with their hands or feet.

In my experience you usually don't feel any pain at all when you break the block. It's when it DOESN'T break, and doesn't give where you usually hurt yourself. You're right that when it breaks, it takes the force. If it doesn't break, you take the force and you break..
edit on 31-7-2013 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman

You make convincing points. One thing I wanted to add is anyone that's done martial arts and has ever broken a board or broken a block with their hands or feet.

In my experience you usually don't feel any pain at all when you break the block. It's when it DOESN'T break, and doesn't give where you usually hurt yourself. You're right that when it breaks, it takes the force. If it doesn't break, you take the force and you break..
edit on 31-7-2013 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

I totaly agree , i used to do a lot of martial arts. When the object breaks theres hardly any pain. When it doesnt..OMG its hurts.lol

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Ok. So maybe it's not chi. I still think that's some incredible stuff he's doing, especially if there's no chi involved.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

15 Years later and my pinky toe still isn't quite right lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I never really thought to question this show's involvement with any un-truths, regarding the individuals they profile... until...

I recently watched an episode with a man who claims 'telekinesis', Guy Bavli.

In the episode, Bavli demonstrates how he can move various objects without touching them at all. It is shown that there or no strings and magnets are ruled out when he is asked to manipulate a wooden object.

He made the host close his eyes, then asked him to count how many times he touches him. Bavli makes some hand movements, but he never touches the host. After a few seconds, the host is asked to open his eyes and reveal how many times he felt Bavli touch him - his answer? 6. However, Bavli clearly never touched him, so it seemed to support the telekinesis claims.

There was a neurosurgeon present during the end of the segment. He witnessed several demonstrations and confirmed there was no touching, or other obvious trickery. He then monitored his vitals/brain wave function, as Bavli performed his talent.

The brain-doc was baffled, but showed the recorded vital stats. At the moment Bavli affected the object, there was a spike in his brain's gamma waves.

I wasn't there and I have not done any follow up, but, going by their show, Bavli does seem to be gifted with telekinesis.

The issue I have relates to the public's awareness of this man's alleged 'super-human' talent.

It just seems that, if a true case of telekinesis had been confirmed, it would be breaking news on every news channel around the globe. The revelation that the human mind does, indeed, possess the ability to manipulate material objects without touch or the use of any other object would certainly be one of mankind's most important discoveries...

Another reason I remain skeptical is... well, the guy is claiming he can move objects with nothin more than his brain power!

I liked this show, but seeing that they most probably manipulate the results has definitely erased some of my intrigue and a lot of the credibility.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The problem with science is the belief that everything we witness and experience can be explained by it (science). This is a religion in and of itself as it stems from the unprovable idea that everything can be explained away.

OP provides some good points as to how such feats might be able to be faked. Does this mean that the monk faked such things? No. It is the OPs disbelief in anything outside the realm of known science that requires him to debunk and explain away such things, going so far as to assume the man is a fraud simply because he does not understand the mechanics at play, or because he has found ONE example as to the explanation behind them.

The same can be said for the man with telekinesis. Poster wants to believe it is true, sees it in action, but questions it's legitimacy based on the face the other people have not done it and the media has been inactive on it.

I have seen many things throughout my time that science nor any other thing can explain, and I accept it as such. When it comes to the media, they have stopped being actual journalists now for many decades. To finalize, even if there were such "superhumans" that have developed these skills making them greater than mankind in general, do you really think that those in power would want the rest of mankind to learn that such abilities exist, that it rests within our control to become kings among men and completely oust the current power structure?

I think not. There is some evidence to the contrary as to some of these feats being explained away, but that doesn't mean they are all lying. Humanity is lost without faith.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think most shows on TV these days are fake or rigged, playing the audience as fools.

When I first watched Storage Wars I though 'hey this is fun', whilst ate my frozen pizza made of horse testicles, on my couch, then there was a slow dawning realisation that it was in fact total b*llsh1t, and I felt a bit silly for about 5mins.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Guy Bavli is a professional magician and nothing else. Its slight of hand, distraction and fakery.

There is a $1000000 prize for anyone who can prove any paranormal ability but no on has ever claimed it.

www.randi.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I got as far as 43 seconds in and noticed the drill bit is an anti-clockwise rotation one.

That's enough for me.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Ok. So maybe it's not chi. I still think that's some incredible stuff he's doing, especially if there's no chi involved.

In defense that Chi is used I would have to say,

In exercises undertaken to strengthening bones Chi is used by the subject for them to focus on their task and to be able recover or push forward by using Chi to increase their pain threshold.

So its not the magical chi to make invisible Dragon balls that many drool over and love to imagine but a concentration or focus of the mind to allow the energy flow to the correct parts to allow/help the subject accomplish their task, what ever that might be.

TV will rarely have anything real for the purpose of those watching to gain anything other than having mind manipulated to think or believe a certain way.

Any person on journey to discover this inner energy will prove to themselves that chi energy can be tapped into.

To prove to the outside world is a no no, its not something to parade about and show its worth.

Those that know use,

Its a little like the laws of attraction.

So much rubbish surrounding the concept however one can find quite amazing things happen when they find the keys to the door that is locked.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by esteay812

Guy Bavli is a professional magician and nothing else. Its slight of hand, distraction and fakery.

There is a $1000000 prize for anyone who can prove any paranormal ability but no on has ever claimed it.

www.randi.org...

Sorry for the delayed reply...

Yes, your comment proves my hunch.

Producing a show by working together with hoaxers and magicians really effects the credibility of the rest of the individuals they showcase and the entire series in general. It's a shame, because some of the people they showcase truly do have 'extra-human' abilities.

Looking at the show in this light, it reminds me of another show, where some of the stories they tell are true, while others are complete works of fiction. I think that show is called 'Fact or Faked', but I'm not certain.

top topics

join