It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Could Be Revived A Day Later - Dr. Sam Parnia Claims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Here's a video of Dr. Sam talking about his theory........

Couldn't resist.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

If he is changing the definition of dead then all is possible. It is no innovation to claim that if you can keep the basic functions of the body the brain will be able to survive until all else is repaired (like the dude that proposes to do head transplants). But repairing the brain will involve changing the self.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The Elitist have known about this procedure for a long time.

David Rockefeller has died many times.

He is death warmed up.

edit on 31-7-2013 by NeverMind2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
As I read this I had chills running through my body. I'm one of the many people who fear death. There's just something about it that just frightens me that I'll be gone forever. Science finding some cure from death or being able to stay alive longer than imagine gives me hope that death is not the final curtain.

That's why religion is so popular, faith helps that fear go away.

Believing that 'this is it' makes life more valuable, for you, and for others. One feels more empathy knowing one who dies may be no more.

But hey! Look on the bright side, you are not alone, we are all gonna die!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DupontDeux

Well, there is always the chance that, should he exist, God favors those of his creations that does not believe in him - you know, because he reckons that there is really no reason they should believe in him, and that believing without proper reason is a flaw.

And, really, wouldn't one prefer one's successes over one' flaws?

(You didn't think of THAT, did you, huh Pascal?)

Exactly!
If I was god, I would shake my head at those who believed, because obviously they would believe anything if enough of their peers believed it too. And what attrocities that can be committed by those who believe in something without proof.
Salvation to those who would not be mislead, they passed the test.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by sylent6
And even if this does working, how long will that person be able to live?

This doctor claims the body will be able to be brought back 24 hours after death.
I seriously don't see that. He says there isn't brain damage. I don't believe that.
I would think that the brain would be seriously compromised.

He's nuttier than squirrel turds imo. There's hundreds of thousands of cases where people who have been dead for 4-5 minutes suffer massive brain damage, or end up in a vegetative state and never recover. The rare cases where that doesn't happen is if the people were submerged in near freezing water which puts the body in a type of hibernation like state. Decomposition begins as soon as oxygen is deprived of living cells and they start to necrotize.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Never say never! Even though I fear death; it will not be an option in my future. Somehow I'll defeat death and find an alternative.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I agree with you. I've i'm dead. Leave me dead. I can't help but wonder if I'd be the same person, coming back after that long and all. There would have to be damage. I can't see any other way.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I find your story interesting. A cold frozen grey nothing afterlife for someone who is athiest. .... I wonder how much we build our own afterlife .... but I guess that is a discussion for the metaphysics forum.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The rare cases where that doesn't happen is if the people were submerged in near freezing water which puts the body in a type of hibernation like state. (quoted from Lonewolfs post)

I've been seeing various medical articles popping up lately about this very thing, as a matter of fact science is either just now learning about how the body really dies, or theyve known for a while and are allowing the info to finally trickle down to the masses (as the poster said about Rockefeller being brought back numerous times)

Recent so called advances in post heart attack therapy include cooling the body to slow down any decay or destructive biological processes, see the links for more info:

wcfcourier.com...

www.bostonglobe.com... t-brain/OCqJRmwewqJi8pxeu1961O/story.html

Theres also an article i read a month or so ago about a special resuscitation machine being used in Australia but i couldnt find the article.

Heres an article that talks about how death can be a slow process in the body and doesnt happen to all the cells at once.

dailycaller.com...

www.abc.net.au...

Death has always been a pretty mysterious thing and taboo for a lot of people....i for one think its great if we can understand the process much better and use technology to circumvent unnecessary or preventable death whenever possible. In my mind as a spiritual person this does not interfere with my faith at all nor decrease my dependence upon a higher power or make me any less thankful to that higher power for the miracle of life.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Death freaks me out, too. But it puts everyone on the same playing field.

You already did not exist for millions of years, before you were born. You will stop existing for millions more when you die. The 80, or so, years you live on this planet is the anomaly. Death, or a state of not-being, is a return to the default. It really shouldn't be as feared as it is. Billions have gone through it and billions will go through it.

Its weird to think that over the course of your life you've probably been photographed hundreds of times - in your own pictures and in the background of others. One day someone will run across a picture of you: Google images, an old social site, media device, or paper copy and while looking at it have no thought or emotional connection to who you were. You will be forgotten with the sands of time.

Working closely with death on a regular basis, it's a strange thing. Being around bodies that have been dead for hours makes me not do hopeful about this research of revival. I've been there. Compressing for an hour, starting all sorts of machines to do the work of the lungs, the heart, the kidney... in the end that's all it is though-- machines. We're not designed to live forever. Oxygen, from the moment we first breath it, begins to kill us.

I'm sure one day we'll begin to live longer. We already are, compared to a hundred years ago. The price we will have to pay (not monetary) for this type of technology will be immense.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Yeah hey, sounds like prerequisite research for organ trafficking, made lawful because death has already occurred considering dead people have no rights anymore.

Never expect anyone to use technology for anything other than monetary gain, to take advantage in some way or another.

Perfect, like that stupid old movie called "Coma", I think it was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join