It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you survive a Zombi pandemic , the math says no

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by playernumber13

Suit yourself but while you're still lurching around the cemetery, I'll be feasting on fresh brains. You snooze you lose sucker...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

lets say the new virus is an off shoot of the 1918 1919 influenza out break virus.stanford.edu... where from the link

The influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 killed more people than the Great War, known today as World War I (WWI), at somewhere between 20 and 40 million people.
and they become the undead, with a year long out break, their would be few left uninfected.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
That equation is really a bunch of nonsense forreallllll!!!!! lol omg. It doesnt take into account multiple other variables.
you need to take into account the percentage of the population with martial arts / gun training, you have to take into account enviormental factors and if theres a potential advantage to fighting zombies in a certain enviorment, you have to take into account pockets of humans who may be resistant to the virus and the effect their blood will have on making a cure, and i can literally go on forever. Also if we were really getting overrun by zombies ... and you dont think the government would drop nukes your seriously stupid because it wouldnt matter if there was some civilians left on the surface or not if we were bouta lose it all theyd be droping 100 megaton nukes for sure they would be in their bunkers.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Then we would have a police state where everyone is involved patriots to liberals and we could deal with it.

As to the Chemtrail thing It would die by UV way before it hit the ground.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
To be honest, I would'nt want to live in a world where I have the fear of zombies coming after me, I would probably have big party, get very very drunk, then throw myself off a building lol, rather than live with the fear.

Sayōnara

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

No,no don't be that way about it think of the fun parts too.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

Never go full retarded.

What if instead of zombies, the virus turns you full retard? But isn't that what a zombie is anyway?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

An air borne rabies could do it, make man kind rabid

Probably about the only way it COULD work. Rabies has a 100% mortality rate, almost unheard of in medicine, but it does. (only a handful of people have ever survived untreated, and something like 50,000 die every year from it).

The equation in the OP is completely flawed though. It doesn't factor in the difficulty of transmitting by bite (a classic idea of a zombie pandemic). It also doesn't factor in the containment protocols of the CDC and WHO.

A bite-transmitted pandemic would end very quickly. The airborne rabies idea though, if resistant to current vaccines, would certainly be capable of ushering in a zombie apocalypse.

There is some evidence that points to some humans having a natural immunity to it, but not a lot of confirmation here (there was a Peruvian village, if I recall right, where some survived untreated, which is statistically impossible for so many in such a small population).

So, is a zombie apocalypse really that crazy? Not really. An airborne rabies scenario would be EXACTLY like 28 Days Later.... Although, the good news is that squirt guns would be viable weapons (rabies is characterized by hydrophobia....fear of water).

I'm a huge fan of the books. But the only thing that bothers me is how Max brooks made the military feel idiotic on Yonkers Battle. Afterall, he wanted to have a zombie apocalypse....

He raised some good points though, to defend his portrayal there. The biggest being how shooting in the head is difficult, and contrary to military training to shoot for center of mass, etc.
edit on 2-8-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have two theories about how and why this 'zombie' thing has become so openly accepted in a world supposedly so logical...

1. Here in the opening decades of the 21st century, kids do not reach maturity until age 40.

2. When Jesus returns and all the dead people pop up, it's gonna scare the gee-whillikers out of those who didn't behave and they will need some reason to re-kill them all.

Of course, there is the third possibility... that those old B-rated zombie movies from the '50s and '60s somehow infected the human psyche and now... they're bacccckkkk for a return egagement.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

At least one girl survived rabies due to treatment, and though it's crazy unorthodox treatment it allows for a channce to survive. Also it is treatable, just not after a certain point. If you are infected with rabies youu aren't 100 percent dead, you are treated. Only if it progresses to the later stages are you 100 percent dead (and now it's like 99 percent dead).

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Eh.. Zombie flicks have ALWAYS been popular. It has just spread lately because it's a fun way to discuss survival, prepping, and weapons without (hopefully) landing on an extremist list.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
please define a zombie...walking dead,like on TV? Thats plain stupid,imho.If your thinking in line of a carrier,like typhoid Mary,yes,very possible,as was seen in SARS.International flights can spread a disease in a few days,or less.People clawing out of graves,well,no.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

didn't Jesus pop up from the dead? Why didn't they freak out?? The bible is a fairy tale!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

At least one girl survived rabies due to treatment, and though it's crazy unorthodox treatment it allows for a channce to survive. Also it is treatable, just not after a certain point. If you are infected with rabies youu aren't 100 percent dead, you are treated. Only if it progresses to the later stages are you 100 percent dead (and now it's like 99 percent dead).

More than that have survived. Thing is though, if only ONE in a THOUSAND lived, it'd still be a 100% mortality rate (untreated), because to be 99% even, ONE in a HUNDRED would have to live (untreated).

Really, it's more like ONE in FIFTY THOUSAND live (untreated), so a 99.998% mortality rate, if it makes you feel any better.

Thing is, if an airborne version, it would spread so fast that normal treatment simply won't be available for long, or to enough people. It's a pretty realistic candidate for a zombie apocalypse really.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

your on the right track , take H1N1 and H9N7 or H5N1 add in air born Rabies, not possible ?? national geographic says it might an old reading but a real possibility news.nationalgeographic.com...
It is not man to do man kind in , it will be a virus.
Cough Cough a achoo,
that not good greenish black phlegm....
sudden urge to eat raw meat...
can not think...
all going blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

At least the other viruses would likely mean some short-lived zombies, so there is that...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join