It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you survive a Zombi pandemic , the math says no

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The math equation is (bN)(S/N)Z = bSZ. The math equation is saying your a Zombi now
www.nbcnews.com... from the link

This equation could spell your doom: (bN)(S/N)Z = bSZ. That is, if you ever found yourself in the midst of a zombie pandemic.
You might be asking now what is the equation, also from the link

As for a zombie apocalypse, Smith's model shows that a zombie infection would spread quickly (with N representing total population, S the number of susceptible people, Z the zombies, and b the likelihood of transmission). It also shows that zombies would overtake the world— there's no chance for a "stable equilibrium" in which humans could coexist with the undead or eradicate the disease.

Only coordinated attacks against the zombies would save humanity, the model shows.
If there ever is an virus zombi out break we are doomed. Here is a link to see if there is an out break www.who.int... or other DON's
edit on 30-7-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
What if "neanderthals" weren't actually "primitive men" but the remainder of a zombified advanced civilization that was eventually overcome after several generations...

Would sort of kill that whole evolution "theory"...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yeah Rand said we would take 50% losses ,when we were briefed before Desert Storm...it took us 3 days. Math isn't a sufficient variable folks. Anything can happen,aliens could show up we have no idea.
But if you are really bothered by it ,maybe you'd better start practicing with a rifle.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
A rifle, yes, and save the last cartridge for yourself.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ooh, ooh...can I be the guy on the roof making the head shots?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

I just read an article about a 71 year old army vet who clocked a 6"4" thug.I think we have this covered provided law enforcement and the government doesn't get in the way.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
People who think zombies can be real are morons.
Do you even know how the cardio vascular system works? And how muscles need blood and oxegen to work?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

This is not the Zombi of voodoo this is based on a virus spread infection , could be very real , one that would trigger the desire to eat raw flesh, and act on chem make up of a human much like steroids do. enhance Epinephrine (also known as adrenaline or adrenalin) to give one Superhuman Strength and speed, to kill the never ending so one would feel no pain, enhance sight smell hearing.

Do you not think that DARPA is working on Such a drug to give to solders.

An air borne rabies could do it, make man kind rabid

WOW could make some new anti virus that mutates.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm ok with being a Zombie as long as I can be a slow moving "Night of the Living Dead" Zombie as opposed to the rabid frenzy running Zombies of "28 Days" type.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

4 real. It's like being mellow on......beer or all hyped up on......coffee.

I'll be the slow drunk zombie.

What the hell you're dead what's the rush?
edit on 31-7-2013 by playernumber13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

that " equation " is the most asinine slice of pseudo science I have seen today

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

or how flies feast on dead flesh. you'd have walking piles of bones within weeks!

unless they werent undead!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by christoph

Zombie lore states that the virus that makes the zombie does not let the flesh rot as quickly as normal and that insects stay away from the zombies

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I could and would survive. Without a doubt. I could probably help about 100 people with me as well. I would love to get to test something like this, but I am certain my family and I would survive.
edit on 31-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

You can create algorithms for anything that exists and could possibly exist.

2nd.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Just put tread mills around your house and you will be okay.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
No problem!! Just let me get my secret weapon..

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Starcrossd

Your answer is hefficide?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Yeah Rand said we would take 50% losses ,when we were briefed before Desert Storm...it took us 3 days. Math isn't a sufficient variable folks. Anything can happen,aliens could show up we have no idea.
But if you are really bothered by it ,maybe you'd better start practicing with a rifle.

This. If city's were overhlmed by zombies, the military could easily pull them off with weapons we have. I mean really? napalm, M16s, M1AS tanks with anti-tank ammunition. If zombies came one after another, tank ammunition like .50 and 105 mm L52 M68 rifled cannon would turn zombies into red paste. It would be a grill of meat with the military decided to use heavy weaponry agaisn't them. Don't forget that we are dealing mindless creatures who only know the words 'bite' and eat'. Half of the american citzents have weapons. Can't say the same to other country's. So a zombie pandemic in the USA seems very unlikely unless people go full retared.

Never go full retarded.

Also, the reason zombies happens in most movies/games/comics it's because people are to desesperated to follow official instructions and panic. People who escape can be bitten and take the virus wit hthem outside quarantine zones.

Anyway anything can happen. Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z are the best books (they still have awful flaws) which covers the zombie war with accuracy.

edit on 31-7-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Yea not if the Zombi*ches are anything like they are on call of duty! Not without a never ending insta kill set up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join