It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recirculation Of False Snowden Rumor - Please Ignore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Please let this be fact and not rumor! If true, this will certainly be a happy day for me. I am shocked and surprised that he would have managed to leave Russia without anyone having a clue.

Guillermo Thomas who is a spokesman for the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela told aljazeera.com that Snowden is currently in the country and that he is thrilled to be there. “We are very blessed to have Mr. Snowden in our country, it is a pleasure,” Thomas said. “There were no direct flights across the Atlantic from Moscow to Venezuela. The only flight for Snowden to avoid U.S. extradition was to travel through Cuba. We would like to thank our friends in Cuba for making this journey possible and such a success.” Thomas continued, “Mr. Snowden is a hero and should be treated as one. We are pleased to provide this hero a home where he can live and be safe.”

BREAKING: Edward Snowden Safely Lands In Venezuela Where He Was Granted Asylum To Avoid U.S. Extradition

edit on 30-7-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I hope so I really do but I fear we will be getting a statement saying "He is now in US hands" I think they will send a team to get him
If he stays in Moscow they will never send a team to get him....Venezuela Iam not so sure.
edit on 30-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The site has this disclaimer:

*DISCLAIMER: The National Report is an online portal for "citizen journalists". The views expressed by writers on this site are theirs alone and are not reflective of the fine journalistic and editorial integrity of National Report. Advice given is NOT to be construed as professional. If you are in need of professional help, please consult a professional. National Report is not intended for children under the age of 18.

Won't believe it until it's confirmed by more reputable news sources.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I Can't see anything on Al -jaz

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Oh I am with you on this one. I just pray it is true. Finger crossed folks! I am looking for confirmation this very minute.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The same day as Mannings verdict is read? Thats cool and ironic simultaneously. Kinda like a slap in the face to the greedy politicians sentencing Bradly.

link   
If this report is true, how long will it be before he shoots himself in the head 6 times while jumping from a balcony after having broke his own neck?

link   
Hold on hold on to your stars and flags folks. I suspect this is recirculation of a July 8th rumor.

Yes, it is a recirculated rumor! False alarm here folks!

link   
I don't think he is gonna be safe in Venezuela.. Seems like he would be safer in Russia

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

It wouldve been epic had it happened today. Darn it all.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I love how the US has degraded to the point that we as citizens are casually talking about how our government is going to "Suicide" a whistle blower who revealed how our government treats each and every one of us like a criminal.

The thought that thats who we are as a country should have us all marching on DC.

I pray for Snowdens long happy life, free of CIA/NSA tyranny.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mnemicrsl

You know this just downright sux's. I truly was hoping this was the real deal. If you check the wording of the above mentioned article it is verbatim what was released July 7th by before its not news. Pity I fell for this. Shame on me! I linked to a different site since that sorry excuse for news can't be linked to. ^*%^&*&^$

July 8, 2013

Guillermo Thomas who is a spokesman for the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela told aljazeera.com that Snowden is currently in the country and that he is thrilled to be there. “We are very blessed to have Mr. Snowden in our country, it is a pleasure,” Thomas said. “There were no direct flights across the Atlantic from Moscow to Venezuela. The only flight for Snowden to avoid U.S. extradition was to travel through Cuba. We would like to thank our friends in Cuba for making this journey possible and such a success.” Thomas continued, “Mr. Snowden is a hero and should be treated as one. We are pleased to provide this hero a home where he can live and be safe.”

13 Edward Snowden Safely Lands In Venezuela Where He Was Granted Asylum To Avoid U.S. Extradition

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
I Can't see anything on Al -jaz

Yeah neither did I. I figured it was just seen on TV, and I was waiting for it to reach the internet. Blasted false news. Grr....Well, it was nice to dream if only for a minute.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by elouina

I hope so I really do but I fear we will be getting a statement saying "He is now in US hands" I think they will send a team to get him
If he stays in Moscow they will never send a team to get him....Venezuela Iam not so sure.
edit on 30-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

That's what i was thinking too boymonkey, i'd imagine it would be FAR easier to send in a professional snatch team to Venezuela than it would to Russia.

Good luck to him whatever..he's a brave and honourable bloke.

top topics

join