It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the clearest interviews about enlightenment i have ever seen!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
Pretty lost, huh! The Truth is evident in Creation, yes. But all men are left without excuse about this. there is a Creator, and we are not it. The Scripture tells of how we are without excuse....and about the signs of the times....the Scripture says that those living in the end times will be without excuse, also.! Better get this.

There is not a you that is separate from what is.
When the belief in you being separate ends existence will be seen - the Kingdom shall be revealed.

You have no excuse because there is no you doing any of it. It is done.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan

He is talking about complete destruction of the ego. And when it happens to a person Im sure its quite devistating to that persons ego.

When the ego drops away there is no person. The ego is the imagined separate self.
The 'person' is no more - it is seen then that it never was - it is just an illusion.

Oneness plays hide and seek with itself - it's a great game.
edit on 4-8-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I did not watch the video, but saw it just the same...because it just happened to be playing when it wasn't...
I have no idea what it meant, because it meant nothing...and wasn't really playing...

I think I get it...but, there is no idea of 'what' that is...it is a liberation that means nothing...

Same thing, the other way around, without the Fluxus philosophy transplanted onto it...

Some units are so easily impressed...

Ånot99

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
I did not watch the video, but saw it just the same

The video appeared to be seen or it did not.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by akushla99
I did not watch the video, but saw it just the same

The video appeared to be seen or it did not.

It was an appearance that I did not see, what was occuring was something which just happened, I just happened to be walking (as you do when things are just occuring) past a computer screen which just happens to be mine (I have no idea why (but that doesn't matter) when I just haphazardly pushed a button (as you do when things are just occuring) and something played...It gave me no message, that I 'occured' to reply to (as you do when things are just occuring)...the reply that occured didn't mean anything, and niether does anything else that is just occuring...

Situationalist hogwash...

Oh...strictly speaking, I only watched half of it...so I both saw it and did not see it...

Å99
edit on 4-8-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantriQueptidez

It's ridunculous, but if he's cool with it, meh... Guy basically created a false sense of self, and then negates everything the self does. Sure, it liberates people of all responsibilities, and worries, because they can hide in a false sense of self, but... it's pretty well pathetic if you ask me.

I have to agree. When all is said and done we still have to eat, sleep, and do all the things as if we were real. So, where is the value in coming to the conclusion that we are an illusion if it doesn't change anything?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

do you think there is something as an enlightened state?

We evolved from an animal that had no comprehension into the thinking beings we are now. Wouldn't this qualify as reaching a certain level of enlightenment?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

You are emptiness perceiving what is.
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Good morning, Itsnowagain,
I'm afraid I couldn't disagree more. I am what is. As I sit here in the now, the bones in my body are arranged in a specific order. Blood flows through my veins in a specific direction. You would say that I only perceive these things with my mind, but if my consciousness were somehow disabled to the point where I could no longer perceive my body (say a coma), my body would still remain.

And though I only exist in the now, this in no way disqualifies the very real states of what was once my past, and what will be my future. I do not merely perceive that the universe existed before I was born, I don't merely perceive that I was once 5 years old, I do not merely perceived that one day I will die, I know these occurrences to be real.

Without consciousness I still exist. The only thing that consciousness does is it allows me to observe my existence.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
As I sit here in the now,

You do not sit in the now. Now is what you are.

. Blood flows through my veins in a specific direction. You would say that I only perceive these things with my mind, but if my consciousness were somehow disabled to the point where I could no longer perceive my body (say a coma), my body would still remain.
Are you perceiving which direction the blood flows right now? Can you see blood? Or have you heard there is blood inside a body and have knowledge of this?
The word 'perceive' means to me - 'To be aware directly through any of the senses, especially sight or hearing.'

And though I only exist in the now, this in no way disqualifies the very real states of what was once my past, and what will be my future. I do not merely perceive that the universe existed before I was born, I don't merely perceive that I was once 5 years old, I do not merely perceived that one day I will die, I know these occurrences to be real.

'Perception' happens now - perception happens through the senses - seeing and hearing can only happen where you are and the ears and eyes are present when perception is happening.
I think you are talking about 'knowledge'. You have 'knowledge' that the universe existed before..........but have you actually ever perceived anything but the present happening?

Just because you have heard stories about 'before' it does not make 'before' or 'after' actual. Perception happens now. The present is happening constantly. The present can appear as a story 'about before' but it cannot appear outside presence.
Presence is all there is.
It is perceived by emptiness.

In deep sleep when there is nothing appearing - what is 'perceived'(seen or heard)?

edit on 5-8-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

the interesting thing about that is..that it seems to be quite literally like that: there is only now in the universe..

everything happens at once

edit on 5-8-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
All time and action is in the present, lighting a candle in the present is easy, now try to do that a minute ago, or light it the next minute

But the odd thing is that although we know it, we do not understand it, it seems.
We live and think linear, living from A to B where A is projected as B in terms of what we think we are, the doctrine we follow, which goals we have set to achieve, the future has already been filled with the past.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42
All time and action is in the present, lighting a candle in the present is easy, now try to do that a minute ago, or light it the next minute

But the odd thing is that although we know it, we do not understand it, it seems.
We live and think linear, living from A to B where A is projected as B in terms of what we think we are, the doctrine we follow, which goals we have set to achieve, the future has already been filled with the past.

we are at the very beginning of understanding that...
it will be the next big thing

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Enlightenment -
en·light·en·ment [en-lahyt-n-muhnt]
noun
1. the act of enlightening.
2. the state of being enlightened: to live in spiritual enlightenment.
3. ( usually initial capital letter ) Buddhism, Hinduism. prajna.
4. the Enlightenment, a philosophical movement of the 18th century, characterized by belief in the power of human reason and by innovations in political, religious, and educational doctrine.

Source: Dictionary dot com

The curious thing here is that regardless of detailed or simple definition, enlightenment has no descriptive... as in, if one is truly enlightened, there is either a complete lack of words that follows or, that those who finally find enlightenment... are actually dead.

Oh... the video was cool and was... at times, understandable for the average human being who, by the way, is usually in desperate need of enlightenment. But for the most part... it was like that first day in 6th grade history class... where you tried to snag words that had 16 letters and names that you couldn't even pronounce, lol.

Not penning a stroke of negativity here... just offering the first thoughts that came along

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I understand that. I can only say: Watch as much mooji videos on youtube as you can....and you ´ll have a teacher that can guide you virtually.

I am really sensing that his words are the key for people "who search to much with the head"...

edit on 5-8-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join