It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New genetic clues from China's ancient man

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

New genetic clues from China's ancient man

Remains of 40,000-year-old Homo sapien help scientists map first human migration routes out of Africa.

Beijing, China - Genetic evidence linking early people in China with Native Americans has been unearthed in a cave with important implications for our understanding of how humanity spread across the globe. DNA from an early human who lived 40,000 years ago found at Tianyuan Cave just outside Beijing also reveals the man had genes from the now-extinct Neanderthal.

The discovery of the fisher-gatherer - one of the earliest Homo sapiens ever uncovered in China - is providing new clues about the routes our species took as it migrated from Africa. Qiaomei Fu, one of the scientists who studied the remains at Germany's Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, said the DNA indicated the caveman was genetically related to today’s Amerindians....

Okay..

Here we go, I thought I'd post this update for those out there who have interest or if you're like me and like to keep on top of the latest with regards to the discovery a while back in China. It seems the human family tree has more twists and turns than may have been previously thought. It's an interesting read. Enjoy.

As always stay tuned.

edit on 30-7-2013 by SLAYER69 because: I could

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hi slayer

Nuce,

There have been a few other discoveries from that cave.

The most interesting part of all this is that genetically, these people ate related to some American Indians, as they are skeletally and odontologically.
Eventually umcontrovertable evidence will come to light, showing that the direction of movement wasn't just west to east but from east to west as well.

S & F

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hey, Slayer, thanks for the heads up!

I am glad to see what many of us have felt is true being scientifically shown to be so.

It's always seemed kind of obvious that there were close ties and now the boffins are seeing the light.

Twists and turns are often good things... and not just for sports cars! The more the merrier, I say.

I'll keep better track, as the original find kind of slipped past me, embarrassed to say...

Peace, man!

Pixel

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks10

Eventually umcontrovertable evidence will come to light, showing that the direction of movement wasn't just west to east but from east to west as well.

S & F

I'm wondering what sort of evidence that might be?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the thread Slayer, just adding more stuff to the complex stew that is our past

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Interesting article. But as you said...stay tune cause I'm sure something new will be discovered and send us in another direction. I love hearing about finds and seeing what scientists believe about the finds, but sometimes I don't know what to think anymore. Sometimes I wonder if there are scientists out there just rushing to get their 15 minutes of fame, scientist who test material to conform to their beliefs, or just scientist trying to paint the best picture possible with what little info they have.

Anyways, my 2 cents.

Here is The DNA process they used for the article's op.

Peace

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Interesting article. But as you said...stay tune cause I'm sure something new will be discovered and send us in another direction. I love hearing about finds and seeing what scientists believe about the finds, but sometimes I don't know what to think anymore. Sometimes I wonder if there are scientists out there just rushing to get their 15 minutes of fame, scientist who test material to conform to their beliefs, or just scientist trying to paint the best picture possible with what little info they have.

Anyways, my 2 cents.

Here is The DNA process they used for the article's op.

Peace

True, it is very important to discovery the first, the oldest or the unusual - you can spend 40 years studying Choctaw seed and plant use - important yes but a guy who discovers a new neolithic culture, or a new human species will get a heck of a lot more grants, book deals, tenure at a 1st tier Uni than the other guy....

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by punkinworks10

S & F

I'm wondering what sort of evidence that might be?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the thread Slayer, just adding more stuff to the complex stew that is our past

Hey Hans

Yes our past is very complex,
One bit of evidence would be a very early site in the Americas. With the early contentious sites such as cactus hill, meadowcroft, topper , Burnham ok, valsequillo and such. With so many places showing early occupation it's bound to happen eventually.
I've been reading a lot of older papers lately, and there is a lot of very interesting info.
I've found citations of papers describing archaic morphologies in early native cal burials, and one paper I've tried to track down a copy of, that describes a 50k year old burial in central ca.
Academics are doing a moth to flame spiral around some of the evidence, such as blood group O, which is ancestral going back to Neanderthal, which has it's highest frequencies in native Americans, but not east Asians.
Then there is the progressive east to west decrease in incisor shovelling, which is ancestral going back to homo erectus.
The native american/ all other modern human split is so far back as to preclude a recent (

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Seems a bit too convenient to say he has neanderthal DNA being so far, as there were different pre-human races in China. The human animal is more adaptable so there will have 100 of varied pre-human races.

Good find. It shows the blending of the 2nd & 3rd root race? (That is where 'out of Africa' starts)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

Thanks for the explanation and good luck in your search. Let us know what you find.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Take one look at the Inuit native americans and Philippinos. My guess would be at least some native american tribes originated in the Philippines.
edit on 31-7-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Good find and updating. I believe as time go by research will find there's way more than previously imagined with peopling of the world.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
great find mate and thanks for the heads up.

certainly seems to build more a case for the argument that Neanderthal and early man interbred to create a new species. Humans didnt kill the neanderthals it would seem they loved them into extinction

There are some crazy stuff coming to light of late.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Hey Slayer

I am posting a link to another thread and thought you might find it interesting.

The thread is by Predator about Africa and a map. The map depicts a huge mass of land before it all drifted apart and into different continents, and on it China is right next to the US. This would lend support to this thread on Chinese genealogy.
Predator's Thread

Easy to mix genes if they only had to step over a land border.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

After looking through the thread you linked and looking through the maps I wanted to point out that the map with all those landmasses wasn't actually a map. It was a compare and contrast excercise to demonstrate the relative size of the African continent compared to some large countries most people are familiar. While it is true that all continents were joined into one land mass(Pangea) they started breaking up 200 million years ago and our oldest ancestors have only been around for several million years, a quick nap in terms of geological scale/time.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

This one line stood out the most.

Genetic evidence linking early people in China with Native Americans

Apparently our ancestors knew the "Earth was not flat" and landed in what is now America WAAAAAY~ before Christopher Columbus... But we all knew that anyway~

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by peter vlar
reply to post by doobydoll

After looking through the thread you linked and looking through the maps I wanted to point out that the map with all those landmasses wasn't actually a map. It was a compare and contrast excercise to demonstrate the relative size of the African continent compared to some large countries most people are familiar. While it is true that all continents were joined into one land mass(Pangea) they started breaking up 200 million years ago and our oldest ancestors have only been around for several million years, a quick nap in terms of geological scale/time.

My bad. Forgive my wallyness, I was flitting from thread to thread and failing to read them properly, my apologies to all

top topics

join