It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire Cemetery Found in Poland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Over 30 skeletons have been recovered in Poland, all buried with their heads separated from their bodies and the head placed between the legs or knees. Apparently this shows that these people were killed because they were vampires, and the removal of the head and placement of it assures that they would be unable to rise again. Nothing was found with the bodies, no clothing or other objects. The best guess on dates is 15th or 16th century, and tests are going to be conducted to find out more information. Here is a picture and some interesting quotes.

clear indications that this was the site of a vampire burial, noting that stones had been placed on the skulls. "All this served to prevent the vampires from returning to life," he said in a television interview.

It can't be ruled out that the dead were executed, because the site lies close to where a gallows used to stand. So far, a total of 43 graves have been unearthed there, and historians hope to learn more about the skeletons by studying court files and church logs on executions.

I find this highly fascinating and hope I hear more about the test results when they are done. Here is an ABC source for you all, however this information is on many websites right now and some include more than just this one picture. Have fun.

ABC News Source

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
did they even bother look at the teeth? or giving us detail about the teeth, You can say they could be vampires just because there head was cut off but no detail about examining the teeth?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

That is one creepy picture...look what they did to its legs they are bent in an impossible position over its shoulders...yikes...were they all laid out this way? I read that when burying a vampire that a brick is placed in the vampires mouth....shivers...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
did they even bother look at the teeth? or giving us detail about the teeth, You can say they could be vampires just because there head was cut off but no detail about examining the teeth?

To be clear, I am NOT saying they were vampires.

I am saying the people who in all likelihood killed them, did so because of vampire mania at the time, because these people were for whatever reason believed to be vampires.

Sort of like the Witch hunts where people were burned at the stake who weren't actually witches but were simply accused and executed.

In no way do I think these people were actually vampires. They might have called themselves a vampire, they might have been accused of being one, they might have even been accused by someone who knew they weren't but for some other reason wanted them executed, but in no way do I think they were vampires for real.

I posted the thread because I found it historically interesting, and that is all.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure

You missed the point...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
No vampire teeth on the skull in the picture. They look perfectly human. It is kind of creepy to think these people were executed because someone claimed they were vamps. Silly humans!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by Ameilia

That is one creepy picture...look what they did to its legs they are bent in an impossible position over its shoulders...yikes...were they all laid out this way? I read that when burying a vampire that a brick is placed in the vampires mouth....shivers...

"legs over shoulders"?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by Ameilia

I do believe you misread the OP. The head was removed and placed between the legs. The body is in normal lying position on it's back. The skull is misplaced.

I feel bad for these people. Their community thinking they're evil Draculas and all. >_

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You can say they could be vampires just because there head was cut off but no detail about examining the teeth?

The "historic" vampires (European mostly) are really just peasants misunderstanding the processes of death. Someone started the idea (probably after a hallucination of a loved one), checked a corpse, and found that gases had forced blood out of the mouth, the skin drying out revealed more of the teeth and nails, and hair may have grown some, and concluded the corpses were getting out of their graves and feeding on the living.

The idea of the stake wasn't to kill vampires. The stake kept the corpse from getting out of the grave, or so they thought. To truly kill one, it was believed that removing the head and stuffing it with herbs did the trick. So yeah, this graveyard is likely one full of suspected vampires.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

"legs over shoulders"?

Oops my bad...I thought its arms were its legs...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 59demon

I thought that its arms were its legs...thanks for pointing that out to me...The pic was way twisted looking when I thought those were its legs...now its still creepy but not as bad...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Notice the stakes?

new topics

top topics

join