It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial Life..Fact or Fiction

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteNite

But it was your response, above that you declare YOU don't need proof, ET Life Is FACT!!! Sorry it Ain't. That's what my reply to you was all about. I was clear and to the point. No one can make the claim you made. Probability, YES. FACT NO!!!
reply to post by ItDepends

I see what you mean.. i said i don't need proof because I believe. To me ET life is fact. Sorry I should've added that to me it's fact. But I did say that I don't need proof. I don't need it because I already believe but since it is not proven most would need proof.. Sorry for coming off harshly about that.. it's still mostly an argument of probability because we both know nothing is mainstream. Maybe someday it will be. But what do you think personally? I haven't seen anything out of this world but I believe in ET life.. What are your thoughts about ET life?

I really appreciate that very much, and I'm happy that we have members such as yourself.

My thoughts on ET Life have evolved over time. However, simply, my gut, my intuition, my belief is that there is incredible odds that life exists somewhere in the universe. I say that because I just believe the complexity, the beauty, the wonder of our planet Earth just can't be the only existence of where life can be. I want to believe that there are other civilizations out there. The Universe (something we really have no idea of its infinity), we can only see the dim light of the stars that our best telescopes allow us to. So there is so much we don't know.

But I want to believe that life, but intelligent life exists. I am yearning to know. I just hope we are fortunate enough during 'our' lifetime it becomes a known reality. I've wavered back and forth about the whole UFO and Abduction issues, but after much research, just speaking for me, I do not believe as of yet that we have been visited nor do I believe that anyone has been abducted by an ET species. I will remain open minded and as I said, I want to believe that there is more to this magnificent world, universe that exists beyond our precious and wonderful Earth.

That is about as about the best I can articulate it. I think you and I are on the same page mostly, the probability seems quite high that somewhere out there exists life, and I will commit and say, I think the probability of intelligent life (almost like us, just like us, advanced a little more than us, and then, highly superior to us) is relatively high, it is most certainly just a matter of time. Either we find them, or they choose to make themselves known to us. Peace my friend!! ID!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by WhiteNite

My Grandmother worked at Walker Air force base when the incident supposedly happened at Roswell she said it wasn’t even news then and it didn’t become news till Hollywood started making movies about aliens. In other words she thinks it’s all hooey.

Thing is she does believe there is life out there just that it hasn’t visited us and I tend to agree.

Even if an alien race devised a way to travel through space faster than light the odds of them happening upon us are minute. There is something like 3 to 4 hundred billion stars in our galaxy if an alien race were to visit each star staying only 1 second before instantly moving to the next it would take over 9,500 years. Do the math yourself hell then for giggles figure they would stay for an hour to look around then figure how long it would take. At that point if you don’t believe the chances are extremely slim then there isn’t much else I could say. Just imagine how long it would take to explore the universe with 2 to 3 hundred billion galaxies that we know of.

edit on 29-7-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)
. Well we don't know their level of technology either. Assuming they exist they could have a billion years more of technological advancements than we have.. Seeing how far we have gotten since 1900 then even an extra 1000 or 10000 years of advancements would make them far superior. Of course that is IF they are there in the first place but point being that they would know alot more than we do as far as light speed and greater than light speed travel. We have not been looking for alien life long but if they are that far ahead of us they would certainly be able to detect life elsewhere. But i agree with most that they probably arent visiting regularly. They wouldnt have a reason to unless they are hostile beings wanting our world and resources..And they would probably have a better understanding of the universe. They could possibly use wormholes as shortcuts from one galaxy to another..Exciting stuff But that idea is for another thread..
edit on 30-7-2013 by WhiteNite because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2013 by WhiteNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I am briefly relaying a unconfirmed report from a Chinese connection while in country about an incident in Shandong province (China) that is under investigation right now. In June a rabbit trapper using an electric net to hunt rabbits 'illegally', encountered an "alien-like" creature when it accidentally became entangled in the electric net. The creature died the same day. Out of fear of revenge (by other aliens), the trapper went into hiding and stored the body at his place of residence, possibly in a freezer. Both police and scientists are now quietly involved. No official or unofficial statements have been made. A picture may be forthcoming.
edit on 31-7-2013 by verax0 because: spaces in words

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by verax0
I am briefly relaying a unconfirmed report from a Chinese connection while in country about an incident in Shandong province (China) that is under investigation right now. In June a rabbit trapper using an electric net to hunt rabbits 'illegally', encountered an "alien-like" creature when it accidentally became entangled in the electric net. The creature died the same day. Out of fear of revenge (by other aliens), the trapper went into hiding and stored the body at his place of residence, possibly in a freezer. Both police and scientists are now quietly involved. No official or unofficial statements have been made. A picture may be forthcoming.
That's crazy.. I love stories like that. You never know though could be real could be made up..

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by verax0

The story of the Chinese man who kept the dead "aliens" in his freezer has already been mentioned on ATS several weeks ago. Many official statements HAVE been made (including pictures)...BUT It was proven to be a hoax, and the Chinese man confessed to the hoax, and has been arrested for it.

This is the "alien" a Chinese farmer claimed he electrocuted to death three months ago after finding it on the bank of the Yellow River. The man, identified as Li from eastern China's Shandong province, posted about the encounter on his blog. It soon became an Internet hit. But on Wednesday the hoax was officially up after Li admitted that he had built the extraterrestrial with wire ropes and bone glue.

After interrogation, Li confessed he got his inspiration from a Hollywood movie. Li admitted, "I watched the movie 'Paul'. I liked Paul -- the alien in the movie -- very much. So I created my own version based on Paul the character." Li is being held in detention for five days on charges of fabricating lies and disrupting normal social order.

Video: Chinese man Arrested Over Alien Hoax

ATS Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8/1/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join