It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings – “Foul Play Or Not” – Do you have a plausible theory?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
FACT ONE: car go fast
Fact two: car go boom.
As too why car go boom or not,, is no longer relevant,,,which leaves,,,
fact 3.
man dead at scene.
first responder was "?"

By "first responder"...do you mean the "first" responder? Or - the first "official capacity" responder?
I don't know "who" the first responder was. Might have been the gentlemen seen watering the daisies...or some other neighbor...
The ADT Security van was on-scene prior to the LoudLabs cameraman... In fact - that van was situated precisely where the Mercedes should have mounted the curb...so...we get no views in the LoudLabs video to see the tell-tale disturbance/s to the turf.
In the "Channel 6..." thread, miner49r identified the two Fire Department crews that responded. According to the wife of the "watering man", the Fire crew that put the fire out, was not the same crew that used the Jaws-of-Life, and/or removed the body from the car.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

ADT Security?? these are ??

Jaws-of-Life, and/or removed the body from the car. ,,, well then he had too go too a hospital right??,, it would be on all the cb's and scanners,,probably condition of patient.
its standard opps.its only a car crash.

edit on 1-8-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

" Does that mean that the rear wheels would have lost ALL driving force? ",, does automatic/elecrical braking function during, freewheeling?.
if transmision was still in forward,,,,,,yes the tires would still be spinning at 200 mph,,once ground contact was made,,due to gravity.

So - what I'm getting from both of your replies...is - some of the power-functions would cease to respond at the former level of efficiency...but - the drive-wheels (rear wheels?), would continue spinning from residual energy?

Or - are you saying that there might still be more energy transferred to those drive-wheels from the residual motions of the engine (and tranny)?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

get a skate board.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

...ADT Security?? these are ??

Jaws-of-Life, and/or removed the body from the car. ,,, well then he had too go too a hospital right??,, it would be on all the cb's and scanners,,probably condition of patient.
its standard opps.its only a car crash.

According to JBA2848, ADT has some kind of deal in California...where they get to be cops if enough of the local residents use their services. In this case, however, it appears that they were simply, in the area when the "alerts" were issued over emergency scanners.

Don't think the body was taken to a hospital...as the firemen removed the body for the Coroner (two "slight" ladies) three hours later.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I do have a great deal of expertise in the area of Demolitions and improvised Munitions.

Because of issues that might be caused I am barred from posting any credentials.

In any event, I do agree that both wheels did not hit the curb at the same time.

I also think that after he hit the hydrant cage he tried to correct to get the car back onto the road. Otherwise, given his trajectory he should have come out on the other side of the median. I don't suspect that the cage ruptured that fuel line or tank. I think that the damage may have resulted when the vehicle bottomed out. Though it does seem somewhat of a stretch it still possible.

I keep going back to the idea that the witness said that there were both sparks and flames before the impact. So, where did the flames come from? Is there a chance that he had already hit Something that we are not aware of before he made it to the final destination?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

So get Mersadies the Car company,, to do the simulation,,if u cant get boom,,then assume.

why was the engine and tranny forward,of crash sight,,,,,, because it is good design,
,too seperate large massive objects away from,customer ,,at impact,,, ahhhh mercadies,,, gotta luv em.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

You can use many web sites to see where people live or there phone numbers, You simply put in the name and general area where they live. But once you have a address do a check on the address itself to make sure it is right.

www.411.com...

www.spokeo.com...

radaris.com...

And that is only a few of them. 411 is usually more accurate. Spokeo is scary with everything they say they can get for you if you pay for it. Radaris will track your screen names and even emails and social media. Scary right. So no I am not a agent with a Honeypot trap. Just a person who likes to investigate the mysteries and conspiracies. And this accident falls into conspiracy.

Just the Loud Lab Video and the car they were driving jumps out at me as strange. And the graffiti all over the place advertising Loud Labs in California. The use of police scanners and built in video cameras that are on 24/7 in the front of the car even when they are not in the car sitting in a parking space? That is supposedly how they got him on video running the red light. And stranger is they did not see a fireball a thousand feet down the road when they got in the car. And that was a big fire ball to miss. And first excuses was the fire might not have happened right away. But from this new video it did happen right away. And then ADT home security and the way they moved the vehicle blocking the road as if they thought Loud Lab was a police car arriving on scene. ADT carrying a black bag around with him on scene and having a gun on his side. Those are the things that made me look a little closer at the whole story.
edit on 1-8-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

" the way they moved the vehicle blocking the road",,,,,the saftey of the roads,,is it a Federal or State,,Jurusdiction.?
do they have the right ,,not too block off the road,,for saftey reasons,,what if he hit a gas main?

vehicle blocking the road,,,,this is too prevent,,people from getting too close right?
what if he hit a gas main?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

That is my point. The ADT was there preventing people from getting to close. But as soon as he seen Loud Labs car he quickly jumped in his truck and moved it for them. As if Loud Labs was a cop showing up on scene. When a cop shows up he would move the vehicle and allow the cops to take over. And he seemed to do it for Loud Labs as if they were cops.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

soipso,,ADT,, is defacto site Authority.
at that moment.concerning site access. by vehicle.only.
then jaws of life,,guys,,,
side note***,(the black bag from ADT guy,,could have been a Med. Kit.)

And finally police. correct?

" Loud Labs"???,,at what time of night?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by GrantedBail

...Just the Loud Lab Video and the car they were driving jumps out at me as strange. And the graffiti all over the place advertising Loud Labs in California. The use of police scanners and built in video cameras that are on 24/7 in the front of the car even when they are not in the car sitting in a parking space? That is supposedly how they got him on video running the red light. And stranger is they did not see a fireball a thousand feet down the road when they got in the car. And that was a big fire ball to miss. And first excuses was the fire might not have happened right away. But from this new video it did happen right away. And then ADT home security and the way they moved the vehicle blocking the road as if they thought Loud Lab was a police car arriving on scene. ADT carrying a black bag around with him on scene and having a gun on his side. Those are the things that made me look a little closer at the whole story.

The vehicle LoudLabs was driving was obviously equipped with some kind of "emergency" beacons.
In other large cities (and other states), I know you have to be permitted to use them. There are/were even "degrees" of permitting - as some "emergency beacons" with strobing (rather than twirling) lights are/were reserved for Law Enforcement & a few other Highway/ Transportation/ Safety authorities.
If you go to the blog I've referenced a couple of times on the last page or two - the blog's author, apparently interviewed the LoudLabs driver (Scott Lane)...who said he entirely missed the Mercedes going through the red light...and, was actually heading home (for the night), when he heard the "call" on the scanner.
I know you've highlighted the/some laws regarding the illegality of unauthorized-listening to law enforcement scanners in L.A. (or was it California?) in another thread... I'm thinking, though - that along with the "emergency beacons" they might have been authorized to do so... Obviously, don't know...but, throwing it out there to chew on.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by WanDash

...I do have a great deal of expertise in the area of Demolitions and improvised Munitions.
...Because of issues that might be caused I am barred from posting any credentials.
...In any event, I do agree that both wheels did not hit the curb at the same time.
...I also think that after he hit the hydrant cage he tried to correct to get the car back onto the road. Otherwise, given his trajectory he should have come out on the other side of the median. I don't suspect that the cage ruptured that fuel line or tank. I think that the damage may have resulted when the vehicle bottomed out. Though it does seem somewhat of a stretch it still possible.
...I keep going back to the idea that the witness said that there were both sparks and flames before the impact. So, where did the flames come from? Is there a chance that he had already hit Something that we are not aware of before he made it to the final destination?

You know that - it doesn't matter what field someone is "expert" in...there are other "experts" in the same field, with differing opinions...even to the extent of calling each other such things as "moron", "imbecile", etc...
I know this from experience in my own field... By some estimations, I am the best they've ever seen. By others, I'm a turd that won't flush.

So - I'm not saying I don't think your explanation is correct or accurate or "the best explanation EVER"...
Just saying that - something is not making sense to me... And, since one "expert" said that "if there had been an explosion, it would have forced the vehicle up...and...I'm seeing an "up"-end of the vehicle...and......... ... ...

You've been in these threads long enough to have experienced (more than I) "Get a Life! He was murdered. Stop messing around with these stupid questions on the crash and get on with who dunnit"...
Yet - when asked - "please give us a plausible theory for how he was murdered, accounting for all of the presently known immediate and peripheral facts" - you either get a patented F*** Off...or, don't hear from them again...(until you see them in another thread saying the exact same thing)...

You are really the only one I can recall who has put a genuine effort into giving an account for "how" this could have transpired. Kudos to you for that effort!

I began trying to piece one together the other night...only to find that there were still too many bridges to cross...(some, spanning what seemed like entire gulfs)...to even put it forth as a "placebo".
edit on 8/1/2013 by WanDash because: not to on

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

...So get Mersadies the Car company,, to do the simulation,,if u cant get boom,,then assume.

... why was the engine and tranny forward,of crash sight,,,,,, because it is good design,
,too seperate large massive objects away from,customer ,,at impact,,, ahhhh mercadies,,, gotta luv em.

I believe the investigative journalist, Kimberly Dvorak (featured in the Channel 6...video outtake that is the initial topic of the Channel 6' thread said that Mercedes had offered (or - was chewing their nails, waiting for the opportunity) to lend its help in the investigation, but was still waiting for an invitation.
According to work done in the Channel 6 thread (again)...the front end of the car did not meet with the palm tree, dead-center...but rather, favoring the driver's side... If you watch the crash-simulation video posted by JBA2848 (referenced on the first page or two of this thread), you will see the correct model of Mercedes meeting an immovable object at 50 mph, in favor of the driver's side... The damage looks VERY similar to what is seen in pictures of the Mercedes at the palm tree... This kind of impact, allows for the front end (grill) to tear or rip open...and...while the crash-test (again - at 50 mph) did not result in an ejected engine/tranny, one can see that a "nearly clear path" would have been presented to the engine/tranny, should it choose to continue sailing in that direction.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
And I have left the wife out when looking into this. But I have some things that jump out at me with her. First she does not use his last name. So she is professional and did not want to change names because of her career? Then she did not seem to stop with her tweets and other things when her husband died in a fiery car crash. Most people would disappear from social media or talk about the most important thing happening in her life at the moment. She seemed to do nether of those. She maintained her tweet and social media as professional. Strange to me. Then you have her tweeting about traveling to the opening of the Bush Library and spending at least three days there. Was she researching the library for information? Was she collecting information from the library for her husband to use on a story or something? But she dud seem to have connections with the Republican party and I have never really looked into it. Just seen the names popup and kind of ignored it. Could be how Hastings ended up being so connected to get stories from top Generals for Rolling Stones.

Those are things I have noticed from seeing her name pop up but I have never really dug into what she was doing or her career.

I post this about the wife but Loud Labs is what really drew my attention. even when you go to look up Loud Labs photos. Loud Lab photos all seem to be around graffiti art in a picture frame attached to objects around the city. You start wondering when you see it attached to so many federal objects such as bridges or even electrical transformers on the side of the road. And then when you see pictures of people it is all ways from behind. No faces. And usually them putting up those graffiti art pictures. And pictures of people from behind but not there faces is a sign of intelligence agencies. A public image but not a personal identity.
edit on 1-8-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

"really dug into what she was doing ",,,,,,,u dont have a girlfriend,,do u?,,
,at the moment

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I did not really think she was involved with any thing. He was all ways over seas or some where else leaving the wife at home was my thought on her. But the Bush Library thing I figure was Hastings not wanting to leave his work alone even while spending time with the wife. But I never looked into what she does to know.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I'm sure you're already familiar with all of this...but...rather than let it go without, at least, getting some interesting tidbits in the open...here goes...

As you say – the wife --- a lot of “connections”.
On the other hand – Michael Hastings in Iraq…gathering information for the expose that resulted in General McChrystal’s resignation?

His fiancée, Andrea Parhamovich, was killed in Baghdad, Iraq, January 17, 2007, when her convoy was ambushed while returning from teaching a class on democracy…
Her career was in “political communication”… Virtually the same as Elise Jordan’s.

The following, derived from Wikipedia
Elise graduated from Yale University in 2004 with a degree in history.
In 2007, she was working on the press and communications strategy for Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan with the National Security Council.
Served as “director of communications for the National Security Agency from 2008 to 2009”.

Worked in the White House Office of Presidential Speechwriting, at the U.S. Embassy, Baghdad, and for the Commanding General’s Strategic Advisory Group at the International Security Assistance Force headquarters in Kabul, Afghanistan, as well as speechwriter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
Has been a commentator at CTV, BBC, National Public Rado, Fox Business Network, and a regular guest on Fox News, MSNBC and CNN.

I don’t know anyone with the NSA… 4 years out of university, with a bachelor’s degree…and she’s “the director of communications”… Wow!

Have you seen the movie “Brake”?
…It’s worth the watch (imo).
I had just watched it prior to the news of Michael Hastings’ death.
Won’t give any spoilers…but…hmmmm

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Looks like I’m talking to myself again… So – I’ll just…ramble on.

I do not like “investigating” people publicly. I know there are individuals &/or organizations that should/must be considered in any honest attempt to unravel the mystery of Michael Hastings’ untimely accident…but, even laying-out hypotheticals can do damage that may not be undone.
Is there reason to consider the possibility that Elise Jordan was involved in his demise?
Of course there is…
The spouse is almost always the first to consider.
She could have been involved in the simple capacity of a spousal spat…
Might have been complicit in other, more sinister plans…
Might have inadvertently played a part in luring him into the open…after saying he was going off-scope.
There could be 10’s or 100’s of possible ways she “might” have been involved (contributed)…both “innocent” and “malevolent”…but, without more than “my interpretation” of “how” someone should act in “her circumstance”, I am not inclined to explore the possibilities (other than generic) in this public forum.

It has been difficult (for me) to put a “Foul Play Theory” together, without taking numerous factors to their extremes.
And yet – the volume of information we have, when combined – smells “Foul” in a categorical sense.

Under the “No Foul Play” headings, we can consider the following…to see if they fit:
1. As ShadellacZumbrum proposed – mechanical failure &/or driver error
a) Under driver error – he included the possibility of “substance abuse”
b) Under mechanical failure – he included the possibility of “floor mat (foreign object) lodged under accelerator pedal &/or brake pedal”
2. I have proposed the possibility of sleep walking…which, in some instances, might result in such “out of the ordinary” actions on the part of the “sleep walker” (as they are, essentially, in a dream state)
3. Spousal Spat – would have to have been a doozy
4. Prescription meds
a) Tampered with (replaced - removed)?
b) Overdose (intentional or not)?
c) Under this same sub-heading – what about Bi-Polar…requiring prescriptive meds to keep under control… ? (…think this needs more components to work…)
5. Seizure (epileptic, stroke, other)?
6. Suicide

Stuck in the middle between the lists of “No Foul Play” and “Foul Play” possibilities…we need to place one that is colored gray – being:

Threat – or – Perceived threat.

Under the “Foul Play” headings, we might consider the following…and see if they fit:
1. Remote-Control Car-Hacking (unexpected take-over)
2. Michael Hastings’ was unconscious in the car being remotely driven
3. Malware

I know that some have proposed “drone strike”, but, I simply can’t find any evidence in the aftermath (or the public videos) to support it enough to include it in the list of possibilities.

Will continue this later…
C-Ya

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Wan,

You are not blowing air.

I check in daily to see what you have added because certainly you are familiar with my interest in this.

I am currently working on something. I will not give it away here, but if an when I get it finished it is sure to be a hell of a read. I Promise.

You have broken down the details quite well in this post.

If you were documenting Pros and Cons, Pros being No Foul Play, and the Cons being Foul Play you could easily deduce that the Pros have it.

But,

This is Not that simple. With what marginal amount of information has been provided, coupled with the "Unusual Circumstances", it seems that the unlimited possibilities are unparallel only by that of a Fractal.

You have posed Several Realistic possibilities under the "No Foul Play" heading, but, after reading through it a couple of times, I realized that. . . There are medications that you can take that cause "Sleep Driving".

Here is an article that was written by the Washington Post. It contains allot of good information

Sleep Driving

Here is a Terrifying article written by Psychology Today about Sleep Driving and Sleep Killing.

Sleep Driving and Sleep Killing

Though this is rare, the possibility is still there.

On the psycho side I am not ruling out Bi-Polar or other disorders, but, want to point out that typically, when someone in the public eye has those sorts of issues, it tends to become somewhat public.

As far as the drone strike goes, I am in complete agreement, there is absolutely no information to make this even a possibility. Missiles make noise. Aside from that the witness would have seen it. Also the damage would have been quite obviously a missile strike.

Hopefully I have added and will continue to add to the discussion.

Like you, I am interested in, what really happened, and putting and end to the conspiracy rumors.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join