It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto Police Kill 18 Year Old Alone On Streetcar. Caught on Video. I Am Speechless.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

Originally posted by odd1out
... I believe this officer panicked.

“... panicked”? Give me a break. There was no substantial reason to “panic”, as the cops were not directly threatened, the teenager being isolated in the streetcar surrounded by how many armed policemen. So what did that idiot cop have to “panic” over? Panic over not being promoted soon? Panic over possibly missing an opportunity to feed his inflated cop ego? A self-indulgence trip, exploiting the opportunity to execute someone mainly for the evil crime of not behaving servile enough towards our godsent police heroes?
edit on 30-7-2013 by giugliot because: spelling

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by IamAbeliever

I get so tired of monday morning quarterbacking form people who have never been in this situation. "shoot him in the leg, taser him, blah blah. YOU become a cop and be superman that way this won't ever happen again. Problem solved.

I get it that anybody that isn't a cop can't fully understand the type of situation they were in. Yes, I know that it's a lot easier to come up with "what if they did THIS instead?" scenarios in the aftermath. But can we at least agree that the level of force used in this case was unnecessary? I mean, something like 9 rounds fired then the taser? Was that level of force really necessary or justified? I can't know for sure, because I wasn't there. But I doubt it.

Some of those cops are gonna be tap dancing just to TRY to have any hope of staying out of jail. Part of me feels bad for some of those cops. Get caught up in the heat of the moment, and now they're probably going to remember that night and think about what they could have done for the rest of their lives.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
What the HELL is the point of carrying a taser or stun gun, to subdue a violent person, if your going to use deadly force on an individual with a knife, that is twenty feet away, is outnumbered 6 to 1. this is total overkill, and should need investigating.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
While the police here obviously showed a lack of restraint and a public review should be held, painting this kid to be some kind of victim is ridiculous. Pulling a knife on innocents on a bus, then brandishing it on gun wielding cops is the height of stupidity and criminality and cannot be excused simply by saying he was 18.

Both parties hold blame here.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EPH612
I get it that anybody that isn't a cop can't fully understand the type of situation they were in.

Common sense and basic Human decency is not exclusive to cops, in fact, far from it considering the examples we've seen in recent years.

You don't need to be a cop to understand that an emotionally unstable youth alone in a vehicle is not able to harm anyone but himself.

What were they preventing by murdering him? Were they "protecting" the seat cushions from being splashed with blood if he hurt himself?

Originally posted by EPH612
Some of those cops are gonna be tap dancing just to TRY to have any hope of staying out of jail. Part of me feels bad for some of those cops. Get caught up in the heat of the moment, and now they're probably going to remember that night and think about what they could have done for the rest of their lives.

Yes, lets also feel sorry for the child abuser who "couldn't control himself", or the terrorist who was acting in the name of his or her religion, or the wife beater who was drunk when he killed his spouse...

They lost control, they used terrible judgment, and because of their basic failings a young man with his whole life ahead of him is dead. They are no different to any other murderer out there, apart from they are in uniform and have the semi-protection of a corrupt system.

No one should be immune to justice, even a cop. I don't give a damn what the excuses are. Anyone else showing such poor judgment and committing such an act would be deemed a killer, and these officers are no different.

I really have absolutely ZERO sympathy for them, none at all, I hope all those who opened fire are tried, found guilty, and locked away for a considerable length of time.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
While the police here obviously showed a lack of restraint and a public review should be held, painting this kid to be some kind of victim is ridiculous. Pulling a knife on innocents on a bus, then brandishing it on gun wielding cops is the height of stupidity and criminality and cannot be excused simply by saying he was 18.

Both parties hold blame here.

So you're another person who conveniently ignores the fact that he was NOT ABLE to harm anyone when they murdered him? The car was empty, he was the only one there, he was no longer a threat to anyone but himself.

You know you have a legal system, right? You have courts, trials, juries and they deliver verdicts. These cops seem to think they can bypass that entire justice system and presume that he's guilty of some despicable crime, when in fact it just looks like he was emotionally disturbed in some way.

Cops act as though they can use any excuse to end a situation, then find out the facts later. In this case, it ended a young mans life.

These freaks have such a sickening disregard for Human life it's terrifying to consider how many other instances of this have happened without the public there to see it. How many people have died in police custody and it's been covered up? How many cops have planted evidence to absolve themselves of murder? How many have acted criminally and the details of it covered up by their superiors?

This thread is a very interesting one, it really separates reasonable and rational people from the rest. There is no excuse at all for what those officers did, none. Anyone who is trying to excuse them or absolve them of shooting to death a teenager is messed up in the head. It really is as simple as that.

It's not about opinion, it's about basic common sense and basic Human rights. If you do not agree that those officers are guilty of murder, then you are WRONG.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
These pigs are murderers, they need to be brought to justice, but how can we have justice when the mayor of the city is on crack? and why is the media not running with this story? amazing how much power these drug addicted criminal pigs have.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Perhaps by his previous actions of not harming anyone on the trolley and being alone one could deduce his intentions were not to harm others.

Not harming anyone?
He took it over with a weapon. That's “brandishing” and “theft of an occupied vehicle”, in today's world because it was public transport it most likely breaks terrorism laws.

Then again, by your logic, cops should simply unload on anyone breaking the law - what if he had a gun before I murdered him? Total baloney logic.

I have never said that even once on this thread.

Indeed, semantics. What could you have meant by this:

Until this guy was taken down and searched the police had no idea what he was carrying on him. He could have had anything, and was already armed and acting dangerously.

So until the guy was "taken down" ie: "dead" who knew if he had a gun? Again, to find out if someone is armed (watch out US citizens) we shoot and kill them.

CJ

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Caroline13456

1 tries to avoid these types of threads because they can become bash threads @ times but this is sad.. Why when a man is trained to use firearms can he not give a warning shot to shoulder or leg @ such close range? Sad for multiple reasons. For the man who lost his life as well as for those present who took it, for when death is near to 1 subjectively ALL present are observed internally... Spiritually BY ENERGIES THAT SOME MAY NOT EVEN BELIEVE ARE THERE (they can have a spirit attacked or attack a spirit that may be ATTRACTING in the flesh to them metaphysically as their SOULS resonate in their regions of observation). And so sad.

Yes I know some are trained to shoot to kill it is just odd/sad that this is the example set in some areas for the public & the ignorance public to evaluate and embed in to their psyche and re-share in the ignorance areas where death is distributed w/o thought of beyond repercussions by many.

RIP to the sent and may the souls of the remaining find LIGHT as the beyond observes evaluates.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'm "pro-cop" ... but there really is no defending what these police did. They did not do their job that night, and should be investigated to see if they broke the law and if so be put on trial.

It's obvious that this situation should not have ended with the kid dead. Not much more to say.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

yep guys trained in krav maga . would get the job done special melee combat unit to be used in situation which are not deemed deadly with firearms !

9 shots fired when words could have been used , besides its not like a 17 year old kid could beat up 3 adult male cops with a knife

at most one of them got slashed or stabbed and the rest jump and subdue him! CMON

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

I stand corrected, a knife wielding man threatening people is never responsible for actions.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaeTheShaman

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
Let's see how long it takes for someone to enter the thread and say it was a justifiable shoot.

My guess is 10 posts or less.

There's not really a lot I can say about the cowardice displayed in that video that wouldn't violate some t+c policy, so I'm just going to fume quietly for a while.

drop the knife, you better drop that knife smh. you dont listen you get popped

Really? Seriously? BS. Shoot dead a man because he doesn't drop his knife? Where are we, North Korea? Do you really think that sounds normal or civilised? I understand that monkeys may be given an order like that, but 'professional' human police people shouldn't lose their heads over a teenager with a 3" blade.
At no point would he have been any danger to the 5 or so police and if they were that scared of him that they had to shoot [woosses] then there are nice targets called legs that will stop someone without KILLING them.

I have had a gun held to my belly and managed to keep my head, got out of it and called the police. I feel like a Greek mythological creature compared to those wet, murdering blankets. NO excuse, none!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Caroline13456

all cops with guns are cowards if they need to kill a guy who only has a knife,
why not shoot his leg to disable him rather than kill him

this makes me sick and you can bet that they will get away with taking
another life

i must add that i have meet a few really good police men so they are all not bad

before i get jumped on

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If the cops felt for some reason they had no other choice but to open fire and shoot the poor kid..what would have been wrong with a couple of rounds in his legs?

He wouldn't be much of a threat if he can't walk or run....too simple?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

So until the guy was "taken down" ie: "dead" who knew if he had a gun? Again, to find out if someone is armed (watch out US citizens) we shoot and kill them.
“taken down” means “taken into custody”...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
They taze him after the shooting. Why would you taze a dead man? Was it some sort of non-lethal ammunition? Or was just he just injured and survived the shooting spree?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
People did not read the whole story.
Not once did anyone mention this throughout this whole thread.
I heard it when i watched the video.
Good job ats.

cnews.canoe.ca...

“You’re a f------g p---y.” These are believed to be the final words of 18-year-old Sammy Yatim as he was shot from the gun of at least one Toronto Police officer. “Drop the knife” may have been the very last words he heard before being shot to death.

It was suicide by cop.
edit on 30-7-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

They probably didn't think someone would recording them.

So they can later say "we tazed him first but he didn't go down"

But its not like they need an excuse, he will walk free, i hope karma kicks in soon for him, and whatever happens to him, hope he remembers the last moment the kid was going thru before he got a barrage of bullets..

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What we are not hearing are witness accounts as to what transpired prior to the shooting on the bus from the people who got off of it? I searched for something on this but can't find anything, wouldn't these start to trickle out into the media?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join