It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis on Gays "Who Am I To Judge?'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

I see it as the beginning of the end of homophobia seeing Archbishop Desmond Tutu has said this week also that homophobia is wrong and he wouldn't want to goto a homophobic heaven.
The fight against homophobia isn't won yet folks, but given time (when the old die out) people will be able to be free to be who they are without others judging because of a 2000 year old book.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaryN
The Pope has signed the death warrant for humanity by going against Jehovas will.

Leviticus 20:
13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Leviticus is thought to have been written by Moses, who was Jehovas (Yaweh) right hand man. Jehova was not to be messed with, and the story of Sodom and Gomorrah will now be repeated, perhaps on a global scale. Behave all you sinners, and we may yet regain favour with the Boss, but I doubt it. The time of the Killshot approaches!

Leviticus is not thought to have been written by Moses but it is a belief that he (if indeed he existed) compiled part of the books. Such an anti gay post may win you some friends but please balance your bigotry with facts.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

That's true but how is it going to be beat when you look at it Islam, Extremist Christians and Judaism openly says gays are WRONG.

So how is it ever going to be beat?

Thankfully there are laws in place that are giving them equal rights to a fair and decent existence now.

But it comes down to those 3 religions I mentioned above. Who think therapy for them is the way to go...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Its all pretty simple. A sin is a sin and a sinner is left to god to judge. People who sin should not represent your church but also should not be condemned. Your godl will handle that. Your job is to love your fellow man as christ did.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Education and time.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by stargatetravels
It's a shame more Christians don't take this approach to homosexuality and other issues.
It's certainly what Jesus taught, don't judge, leave the judging for after death and just treat everyone equally ans with respect.

I'm glad the Pope said what he did, good on him

Cause they are not really following christs example.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

But that's the point they isolate themselves so they never meet anyone so they become bigoted and intolerant and the only thing they refer to is their " holy book". Not understanding how to implement in the real world. And certainly not in the modern world.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Not judging and condoning are two different things.

Yep.

He said not to JUDGE a persons SOUL. That's for god to do.
Everyone struggles. Everyone has their own crosses to carry.
IMHO he was saying ... don't hate and don't judge. That's it.
Something that a lot of people need reminding of ...

He never said anything about "hating and judging". The Catholic Church has brought disgrace upon Christ for decades upon decades with its tolerance of active gay priests and active pedophile priests. It has made His name a reproach in this Earth do to its shameful policy of transferring 'problem' priests from one parish to another, hurting family after family after family. It had brought disgrace upon Our Lord as its priests are filmed visiting gay night clubs and brothels then donning their garb for services the next morning. They not only tolerate it, they condone it. As a Christian I will rebuke their shameful conduct, and rebuke this move to open the gates for acceptance of openly practicing homosexuals and other sexual immorality within supposed houses of God. They aren't picking up their crosses because that means to crucify your worldy passions and lusts - instead they appear to be an organisation that caters for worldly lusts.

The same section of the bible that talks about homosexuals, also talks about people who have premarital sex, adultery, and other issues that are quiet common. All of them have the same punishment of death, and many of them are more common and prevelent than homosexuality, but for some reason I see no outraged christians spending millions of dollars, and making arguments as to why they should be allowed to treat those other groups like scum. They are in your bible, in the same section, with the same punishment.

Where are the christian groups that fight to stop people who have had pre-marital sex from marriage? Why can they become priest? Your views have no real consistency.

Did I miss the part in the new testament that specifically said "all these other things can be forgivin but, gays stay behind" where was that part at again? I guess when one part of your bible said brutally kill someone, and the other part says forgive it can be confusing, but your views don't ad up.
edit on 31-7-2013 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The Pope has signed the death warrant for humanity by going against Jehovas will.

:shk: Your Jehova said that we are not to judge the souls of each other.
And that's exactly what the pope said. He said we aren't to judge the soul.
So you are dead wrong.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion"

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by FlyersFan

So, what, he just decided to ignore what the Bible teaches about the issue? We can love the sinner, and not approve of the sin. Apparently, he thinks we can't. That's disappointing, and I actually thought he'd be alright.

Where exactly did he 'decide to ignore what the bible teaches?' Answer - no where.
He stated EXACTLY what the bible teaches. We are not to judge souls. That's God's job.
He never said to approve of sins. NOT ONCE. NO WHERE.
Did you actually read what he said? If you had, you wouldn't be posting what you did.
It's "disappointing" (to use your word) that you posted this without actually reading what he said.

That actually isn't what the Bible teaches, though it's a very common misconception. I could write it out, but that's already done very ably here -

Should Christians judge?

Highly recommended reading.

What Francis seems to be saying is that he won't call a sin a sin. Stating that he won't "judge" them means that he won't state what they are doing is wrong, and against what the Bible teaches. If we do not call a sin what it is, we condone it. Now, of course someone practicing the sin of homosexuality can seek forgiveness, and receive it as would anyone else, for any other sin. However, that doesn't mean we don't tell them it's a sin. Will he next "not judge" extramarital sex? Stealing? Murder?

I simply think it's a shame that a church organization as large as the RCC would take the same position as so many others that stray from the Word of God, to coddle people who sin, so they don't "offend" anyone. Conforming to the world isn't what Jesus told us to do.

IF he didn't mean he would not call it a sin, then he needs to stand up and clarify, and not through someone else, either.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Its all pretty simple. A sin is a sin and a sinner is left to god to judge. People who sin should not represent your church but also should not be condemned. Your godl will handle that. Your job is to love your fellow man as christ did.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

There is a huge difference in judging a sinner, and in judging a sin. We can love a person and not approve of, and condone, what they do. Plus, on judging, again -

Should Christians Judge?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm really happy with the Pope's statement. I consider this one step closer to universal acceptance of LGBT rights.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

Leviticus 20:
13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Leviticus is thought to have been written by Moses, who was Jehovas (Yaweh) right hand man. Jehova was not to be messed with, and the story of Sodom and Gomorrah will now be repeated, perhaps on a global scale. Behave all you sinners, and we may yet regain favour with the Boss, but I doubt it. The time of the Killshot approaches!

Thank you for showing that your god is a tyrant who does not care about free-will and wish to control people. Nor, is he the essence of "love" that he claims to be in the new testament.

Thanks to people like you, hopefully it'll make it easier for others to wake up and see what the true "evil" (destructive) religion is...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

My "God" was an engineer from an advanced race who has been playing around with humans for a long, long time. I'm not religious at all. I do believe Jehovah or Yaweh or what ever name you want to use was a real, living being, and yes he was a bit of a hot-head, but if he is as powerful as he was made out to be, then maybe it's best to pay attention. Look at the world now, and compare it to the way he wanted it to turn out.

The seven deadly sins, also known as the capital vices or cardinal sins, is a classification of vices (part of Christian ethics) that has been used since early Christian times to educate and instruct Christians concerning fallen humanity's tendency to sin. In the currently recognized version, the sins are usually given as wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony.

We were advised, but all these sins are now part of much of world society, and embraced. The Ten Commandments too are a joke to most of the world, Thou shalt not murder? Just because we use drones now to splatter innocent children doesn't mean it is not murder, yet it is done every day in the name of "freedom".
Well if "God" comes back to see how we are doing, get ready for him to be just a little miffed. We, as a species, deserve what ever we get.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

Before the bible, Yahweh was originally a war-god of ancient Canaanites. Also, even in The Bible Yahweh ordered the killing of children, pregnant women and animals.

Yahweh did not make the 10 commandments, that was stolen from The Ancient Egyptian Book of The Dead (principles of Ma'at).

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Thanks for that info arpgme, that's new to me. Yes, religions and the church leaders have messed with history to promote their own agenda, but perhaps the true story would scare the pants off us, some of those ancient Gods could be rather unpredictable, and to our way of thinking, downright cruel. Still, if we are going to behave like animals, we should expect to be treated as such.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Catholic News

People who judge and criticize others are hypocrites and cowards who are unable to face their own defects, Pope Francis said.

Gossip, too, is "criminal" as it destroys, rather than exalts the image of God present in others, he said in his early morning homily Sept. 13 at his residence of Domus Sanctae Marthae.

"Those who live judging their neighbors, speaking badly of them, are hypocrites because they don't have the strength, the courage to look at their own defects," he said.

Homosexuality. Who am I to judge. Remember that ....

edit on 9/16/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm glad I'm not Catholic. I should say that while I personally hold nothing against " Gay/ Lesbian" people and have very good friends that are gay I personally don't think it's right according to my religious beliefs but more importantly my belief in Nature and what I know scientifically.

When nature allows 2 men or 2 women on their own accord... Without the help of the opposite sex to pro-create i will definetly change my stance on the subject. We as a human race would cease to exists .... Period!!!

Again... I know many good people... But what is against our natural world cannot be right no matter who you believe in. Personally God and Nature is one in the same for me.

I'm really sick of our Majority vote being ignored because of a few select powerful people. Majority should always win and I would definetly have to follow only the law where majority is concerned. Thank-god majority now believes in MM. Ha

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Again... I know many good people... But what is against our natural world cannot be right no matter who you believe in. Personally God and Nature is one in the same for me.

Of all the things that endanger the 7 billion humans on this planet, homosexuality is the least of them. Overpopulation is actually a much more real danger than homosexuality driving us extinct. Nice try though.

I'm really sick of our Majority vote being ignored because of a few select powerful people. Majority should always win and I would definetly have to follow only the law where majority is concerned. Thank-god majority now believes in MM. Ha

Who is MM?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join