It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning Verdict Expected Today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
www.policymic.com...
www.ctvnews.ca...

This was the closing argument for the prosecution:

“Pfc. Manning was not a humanist; he was a hacker. He was not a whistle-blower. He was a traitor, a traitor who understood the value of compromised information in the hands of the enemy and took deliberate steps to ensure that they, along with the world, received it.”

It's looking like he will be doing some hard time. Although, hacking doesn't classify as copying data you were classified to have access to.

The implications there-after, will need to be discussed and the media is keeping quite, I'm sure, until a guilty verdict is read then the flood gates will open.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If I read corrcetly he did not get a jury? Why? How is he meant to get a fair trial in anyway with just a judge?

And why is this trial not being shown publicaly like the Zimmerman case?
edit on 29-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

It's a military proceeding, not subject to the same public disclosure laws as a civil or criminal trial.
Typically, there are a panel of judges (thus the name military tribunal) rather than a jury.
I believe the proceeding is held under the rules of the UCMJ rather than "criminal law" processes, but I'm certain to be corrected if this is in error.

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
reply to post by crazyewok

It's a military proceeding, not subject to the same public disclosure laws as a civil or criminal trial.
Typically, there are a panel of judges (thus the name military tribunal) rather than a jury.
I believe the proceeding is held under the rules of the UCMJ rather than "criminal law" processes, but I'm certain to be corrected if this is in error.

ganjoa

But its garenteed to be comprised. The whole trial is a sham.

I have no doubt 100% thatthe judge has been comprimised. It a given the NSA has told her to find him guilty and get a big career boost or find him innocent and have all your dirty secrets exposed.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Michael Hastings, who disappeared in a fiery car crash on Jun 18 also was interested in Bradley Manning's case! More "interesting" timing...

Here are some tweets:

link

@3ristar President Obama perhaps should pardon Bradley Manning.

link

1/2 "Pfc Manning also details how he tried to leak the archive of secret files to both The Washington Post and The New York Times...

link

Update on the Manning trial: news.bostonherald.com...

link

Btw, a win for @RonPaul is a win for @wikileaks and Bradley Manning.

link

and to me, barring them from visiting manning sounds like possibility of even bigger story. #wikileaks #bradleymanning

Michael Hastings was certainly working on several different stories when he was "accidented". I would not be surprised if one of them was about Manning.

edit on 29-7-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: adding links

edit on 29-7-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: adding EX-TEXT

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This has been moved until tomorrow, Tuesday!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
This has been moved until tomorrow, Tuesday!

Most likley to decide if to shoot him or hang him.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join