It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same kind of "Tether Event" during GEMINI mission... 40 years before!?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

i know what i've seen and i know what i saw.

Are you sure?

So why call them unidentified if you know what you saw?

some of us have seen plenty of UFOs and know they're out there anyway

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralChaos

Why do they habitually debunk or call into question any and EVERY piece of evidence put forth on the existence of UFOs?

Who denies UFOs exist?

The joke in ufology is the every Tom dick and harry use the term UFO but actually mean extraterrestrial or alien.

I have yet to see anyone try to debunk the existence of UFOs other than fanatical religious folk saying they are demons or what not.

Please show where anyone other than the religious followers has attempted to deny the existence of Objects spotted in the sky that cannot be identified at the time of sighting.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
With commercial and private space companies set to start launching civilians and space tourists soon, any kind of cover up that is going on is going to unravel. This is, assuming there is some kind of UFO cover up.

Until recently, only a handful of people have made the trip to space. With more and more people up there, the odds of seeing something out of the ordinary exponentially increase.

Either disclosure is going to have to accelerate, or there really isn't anything going on in regards to UFOs.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
MM, very good point, but you've already been overtaken by events. Not only have a few dozen different nations had people in space, a dozen private citizens have ridden national rockets into space.

Most intriguing of all: Robert Bigelow has placed two prototype habitat modules in orbit, with external TV cameras. He used Red-Army-surplus missiles to carry them from a Siberian military base, and I got to stand next to him for the second launch. It was an awesome experience.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
This incredible video from Luna Cognita show an amazing event occuring during a GEMINI mission in 1966. This event remind me the same event of the more known and controversial event of the "Tether incident"...

Have I missed something, or was the shuttle tether event about 1996, and compared to the GT-11 mission, that's thirty years by my count.

How did the OP get "forty"? Is that just in the biblical sense of "a whole LOT"???

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
STS75 was more than ice particles. The length of the tether and the distances involved simply rule this out.

Now, one step out into space here, if I may...

When it comes to subject matter such as this, it is as easier to debunk or deny, than it is to accept.

We've all seen numerous videos and photos of UFOs, etc. where the visuals were absolutely astounding. The old stories of Apollo 20 and the UFO over Jerusalem are good examples. The videos are impressive but because of that alone, we question what we're seeing... and we should!

But, do we tend to lean a little... in fear of being wrong?

Now, none of this is to say that either of those stories were true... but they do speak to how we question the validity of evidence of extraordinary reports while at the same moment, we rarely lend the same discretion and skepticism to those who shout them down.

No doubt... reporting a UFO in most any case will get more skepticism than someone crawling from the woodwork to call them a hoax. Any one of us could create a new web identity and say that we hoaxed a video or photo and the world would turn away almost without question... not from us, but the subject matter.

Things are indeed whatever they are... but so are we and how we approach them.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Please show where anyone other than the religious followers has attempted to deny the existence of Objects spotted in the sky that cannot be identified at the time of sighting.

Are you serious?
I am assuming you are joking or drunk,lol.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Good points. Imagine a time when going into LEO is the same as hopping on a 747. With thousands per day entering/exiting orbit, we'd know pretty quick if there's something going on up there.

I seriously doubt "they" (who ever that is) would allow commercial spaceflight unless there isn't anything going on up there, or disclosure is speeding up.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
STS75 was more than ice particles. The length of the tether and the distances involved simply rule this out.

Since I actually saw the tether, from the ground, as it flew overhead in orbit, and worked on the planning teams at Mission Control, and wrote the operations guidelines for tethered space operations [see my home page], I have a fairly intimate relation with its reality.

The problem with people expressing their absolute certainty over its nature, while having few clues about what real spaceflight is like, has concerned me mainly from the wasted brainpower and wild goose hostilities that have been engendered uselessly.

That's why I composed a long essay on the operational background features of space flight, to give everyone the kind of familiarity that folks who actually worked these missions, developed. I urge folks who intend to seriously discuss these themes to look up my "99 FAQs About 'Space UFO; Videos" on my home page [see signature].

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

So, do the hired debunkers get tax free "donations" or do they use the 1099 for indy contractors?

Heh, and kidding as at least J O has good info and a usually open mind (or a weird obsession with spanking UFO dogmatists for decades).

There have been some weird reports from NASA personnel, but that tether incident, for example, was explained pretty well, specifically in regards to the video creating artifacts that sure look like they're huge, far away and passing behind the tether, but aren't really.

Other video, and reports, of odd floating and flying thingies from NASA (and elsewhere) are interesting, though. Tether? Probably not.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I said it before and I'll say it again:

Lunacognita once uploaded a video that claimed to show that the beeps you hear in Apollo footage were caused by some kind of advanced and highly secret video system that detects when an astronaut goes in and out of the video frame, if this were true then all apollo footage in existence would support this claim, you could watch any piece of apollo footage that has audio and every single time an astronaut enters or leaves the frame there would be a beep, it simply could not be any easier to verify this claim.

If he was telling the truth he could have just posted a continuous clip of apollo footage and it would have supported his claim but what he actually presented was a montage of 5 second clips where an astronaut happened to go in or out of frame in time with a beep, he watched hours of raw footage and hand picked all the random occasions where something happened that supported his claim, left the other 99.9% of the footage on the cutting room floor.

The fact that thousands of people took it on face value and believed it despite the fact that they could have checked for themselves simply by watching some other apollo footage right there on youtube just shows that people will do nothing to verify what they are being told by a complete stranger. I have never experienced such gullibility and closed mindedness on such en enormous scale.

If you give the guy any credibility whatsoever after being aware of this then there's really no hope for you. Everything this guy produces is a work of fiction.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
wow never knew that they had this indecent earlier.. Those astronauts have seen so much more we can't imagine at all, well finally sooner or later, when their lives come to an end you all see them talking about it...

It's the biggest secret of man kind and they don't want to take that to the grave, without telling anyone.

Great thread ..

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by redoubt

Since I actually saw the tether, from the ground, as it flew overhead in orbit, and worked on the planning teams at Mission Control, and wrote the operations guidelines for tethered space operations [see my home page], I have a fairly intimate relation with its reality.

The problem with people expressing their absolute certainty over its nature, while having few clues about what real spaceflight is like, has concerned me mainly from the wasted brainpower and wild goose hostilities that have been engendered uselessly.

That's why I composed a long essay on the operational background features of space flight, to give everyone the kind of familiarity that folks who actually worked these missions, developed. I urge folks who intend to seriously discuss these themes to look up my "99 FAQs About 'Space UFO; Videos" on my home page [see signature].

Since I actually saw the tether, from the ground, as it flew overhead in orbit,

have you any film/photo's of this you can share with us?
thanks in advance

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Paul Maley is the best amateur spacecraft imager on the planet, you can google his website, and a bit later I'll look for better URLs too. Another site that discusses observing the tether is satobs.org, let me get more specific later tonight. Gotta run.

here's one link
www.satobs.org...
edit on 29-7-2013 by JimOberg because: add url

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I am not sure what occurred during the Gemini mission, as I haven't done any research into the event. But the tether event is another story. Every single video of supposed aliens that has been taken from space can be explained by conventional methods, the tether video included. In fact, on the show Nasa's Unexplained Files, the simple experiment that was done showed exactly why the tether video appeared the way it did. The objects that appeared to be around the tether were much closer to the spacecraft window, and not around the tether.

But someone will claim that the objects were moving behind the tether. This is an optical illusion, an illusion that is clearly demonstrated by the experiment I mentioned. It is an experiment that most people can do on their own as well. There are a couple of other UFO videos taken from space that clearly depict ice or debris particles, which are close to the spacecraft. The video of a supposed "shot" coming from earth, and a light zooming away is the same thing.

Clearly the motion is due to either a thruster on the spacecraft, or a jettisoning of some fluid, intentional or not. Something created motion, and the particles floating outside the window responded. So many of these videos are not evidence of UFO's, because they are not unidentified. I don't mind talk of potential alien craft; all I ask is that those who think everything is a UFO stop and analyze a piece of evidence based on physics.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If you ever have a good UFO sighting you will realize they are not all government technology or misidentification.I had an incredible UFO sighting.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Interesting.
Does anyone want to take a guess as to
how many satellites in 1966 were "in a polar orbit" ?
Personally I say (maybe)2 satellites with a polar orbit, were up in 1966.

So what are the chances NASA would put a Gemini mission 3-4 miles
from a satellite? Especially with almost zero space junk at that time?
Any defensive driving instructor would take exception to following
something that close at 17 thousand miles an hour.

Anyway,
It's a very low number and somewhat debated because of the Black Knight Satellite.
Don't take my word for it ask NOAA
www.ospo.noaa.gov...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by Arken

Sorry Arken but you really need to LOOK at these things and not believe what this youtube idiot tries to claim from his video

3rd line down

"could you give us an estimate as to how far that SATELLITE was yesterday.

Funny how he didn't highlight that from the page

That's at 4:02 on the video

edit on 29-7-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2013 by wmd_2008 because: line added

A satellite is just an object in orbit... Not necessarily a piece of terrestrial technology. Judging by their conversation, it seems unlikely that they're talking about a satellite that they themselves put into orbit.. I doubt the astronaut would report to Houston that the object has "cylindrical things sticking out of it" or that "it looked like quite a large object" if he was reporting on a piece of their own technology, and I also highly doubt that Houston would be unaware of the trajectory of their own bird within the range of MILES. They may have to estimate where the spacecraft is within a few dozen meters, MAYBE even a few hundred. But MILES?! That's completely unheard of.

Russian bird? Space junk? Etc?

Maybe. But probably not a US bird.
edit on 30-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why are you messing around with this "Tether Incident" stuff Arken?

Stop That

You are our --- MASTER OF ROCK ---

PS: Give me a fine mars rover thread Arken, like in them good ol' days

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

You do realize that because something is referred to as a satellite, does not mean they are talking about what you are normally used to being called a satellite. A satellite by definition is an object orbiting another larger object. The moon is in fact a satellite as well. You cannot imply they are referring to something man-made simply because they use the term satellite, they could have used the same term for something alien or unidentified just because they acknowledged it was in a polar orbit.

I'm not saying also that I believe they are referring to something alien, only that one cannot draw any conclusion from their use of the term.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join