It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is new age feminism getting out of hand?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I don't know if your realize your condescending and patronizing comments of "Make me a sandwich," just puts you in the category of a verbal abuser. According to Patricia Evans, counsellor and author, verbal abuse disguised as jokes is prolific among male abusers. A man can effectively put a women down but when she protests, he replies that she can't take a joke adding insult to the original injury. I suggest you keep your chauvinistic off- handed rants to a minimum because I am seriously unconvinced of your feigned 'fear of women' - to me, it's another disguise of misogyny cloaked in a 'clean package'. When men become afraid of women, just imagine throughout the millennia women ravaged by male oppression- from being free agents- women have had to fear for more than their lives. Please jump off your soap box, because there is no more empathy for male abuse anymore. No one is interested in perpetuating your idea of masculinity. It has not served you well. My suggestion is you stop trying to put women in this male social construct your ignorant fathers' have made for you because women no longer want to pretend to be those people you oppress with your labels and identification with what and who we are...it's mind sets like yours that I can't wait to die out. We want to be as males have been forever. Drop the double standards. Leave us the heck alone because we aren't what you think... And the truth is we never were....

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

LOL ... Its only a feeling it'll soon pass ...

Hasn't passed although think I feel equal to Druscilla.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by AthlonSavage

oh please, you clearly do not understand what 'feminist' means,

let me enlighten you
click here

feminists do not desire control, just equality.

Me? I support equality of women, if that makes me a feminist then hell yeah! its nothing to be ashamed of!

What's equality?

Do you think a man that lives in Beverly Hills is equal to a man that lives on Slauson Avenue?

Which man do you aspire to be equal to?

I think that answers all questions of the feminist.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Feminists want equality with the CEO, not the coal miner or day laborer.

When hazardous or back breaking work needs to be done women want to be spared from these arduous tasks because they feel they should be protected and cared for MORE than men, because apparently men don't get tired, break, or face injury on the job.

When it comes to splitting up society's scarce resources women want MORE than what 99% of men have so they can compare themselves to the 1% of men who own everything.

They think equality is being favored by the legal system in divorce, domestic violence, and rape cases.

They think equality is diverting the vast majority of society's resources for social and community initiatives to be for female issues.

They think equality is in gender role conditioning that asserts women's most egoistic desires are excusable or even celebrated while men are inherently brutish, culpable, and evil simply for being men.

When 80% of all suicides each year are men women feel THEY are the victims.

When women are much more likely to abuse their children the court system grants them custody 90% of the time.

The history of men protecting women, providing for them, sacrificing their lives for their sake, and catering to their wants and desires is completely ignored in favor of myths about the ubiquitous horrors of patriarchy.

They claim women did not historically partake in dangerous and arduous tasks like plowing fields, building roads and infrastructure, smiting metal, soldiering, or mining because of patriarchy and not because they were either SPARED from these harsh professions, physically NOT CAPABLE of performing them or not suited based on their TEMPERAMENT.

They claim women were subjugated in the past when men were both financially and legally responsible for all the needs of his wife and children, and that if a women worked she was entitled to ALL her own money.

Feminists like to claim they are the ultimate vision of empowered woman when they are nothing but whiny spoiled brats who deserve a spanking.
edit on 6-8-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

oh please, you clearly do not understand what 'feminist' means,

let me enlighten you
click here

feminists do not desire control, just equality.

Me? I support equality of women, if that makes me a feminist then hell yeah! its nothing to be ashamed of!

What's equality?

Do you think a man that lives in Beverly Hills is equal to a man that lives on Slauson Avenue?

Which man do you aspire to be equal to?

I think that answers all questions of the feminist.

Here's another link that, I believe, goes hand in hand with the link above. Women have many hurdles to face.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222
Feminists want equality with the CEO, not the coal miner or day laborer.

When hazardous or back breaking work needs to be done women want to be spared from these arduous tasks because they feel they should be protected and cared for MORE than men, because apparently men don't get tired, break, or face injury on the job.

When it comes to splitting up society's scarce resources women want MORE than what 99% of men have so they can compare themselves to the 1% of men who own everything.

They think equality is being favored by the legal system in divorce, domestic violence, and rape cases.

They think equality is diverting the vast majority of society's resources for social and community initiatives to be for female issues.

They think equality is in gender role conditioning that asserts women's most egoistic desires are excusable or even celebrated while men are inherently brutish, culpable, and evil simply for being men.

When 80% of all suicides each year are men women feel THEY are the victims.

When women are much more likely to abuse their children the court system grants them custody 90% of the time.

The history of men protecting women, providing for them, sacrificing their lives for their sake, and catering to their wants and desires is completely ignored in favor of myths about the ubiquitous horrors of patriarchy.

They claim women did not historically partake in dangerous and arduous tasks like plowing fields, building roads and infrastructure, smiting metal, soldiering, or mining because of patriarchy and not because they were either SPARED from these harsh professions, physically NOT CAPABLE of performing them or not suited based on their TEMPERAMENT.

They claim women were subjugated in the past when men were both financially and legally responsible for all the needs of his wife and children, and that if a women worked she was entitled to ALL her own money.

Feminists like to claim they are the ultimate vision of empowered woman when they are nothing but whiny spoiled brats who deserve a spanking.

Yet again
can you please provide some links to sources where you are getting this information? I would very much like to read about all these women who want what you say they do
Now be honest, you cant provide any links to back you up can you? because it is only your opinion, or do you believe you have some divine knowledge that knows what women want ( hey I think there was a movie about that
)

and your last sentence pretty much shows what kind of man you are
pathetic.

I should have taken my own advice earlier and stopped commenting in this thread, the trolls are being well fed

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Isn't imagination a wonderful thing? One can be who they want to be in their minds

But 'Drusilla'... I think you're punching well above your weight there!!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

What a load of tosh
you really need to do some reading/research to bring yourself

into 'reality'
Like Lady_Tuatha says "Where are your sources??

Your quote

# The history of men protecting women, providing for them, sacrificing their lives for their

sake, and catering to their wants and desires is completely ignored in favour of myths about

the ubiquitous horrors of patriarchy # ...

* Women have only had the vote for around 100 years and when they first got the vote

they had to be over 30 years old to vote!

* 150 years ago a woman had little choice but to marry, upon doing so the rights to the

woman personally, that is access to her body was his alone.

www.hastingspress.co.uk...

* Women were the property of their husbands

en.wikipedia.org...

* Women's Rights Custody Children family law in 19 century England/Ireland

viking305.hubpages.com...

Bottom link doesn't appear to be working? maybe some one is able to connect??

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I couldn't care less about providing you with sources. I could, but your wish is NOT my command you entitled ragamuffin. Just like an over-indulged feminist thinking the world and everyone in it was created for her sake.

Funny how the only people who have been throwing hissy fits in this thread have been the know-it-all feminazis who can't seem to make a halfway decent argument in their own defense.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Like I said before, I couldn't care less about providing you with links to sources proving each one of my points. Your wish is NOT my command.

Woman claims husband's sperm is her property

A British woman is campaigning for the legal right to veto her husband's choice to donate sperm, it has emerged. The unidentified complainant says her partner volunteered samples of his semen to a registered clinic after becoming stressed by the birth of their child, reported MailOnline. Disgruntled, the mother-of-one from Surrey has contacted the Human Fertilisation And Embryology Authority, arguing that women across the UK should be able to deny their spouse's free will on the matter - because sperm is a 'marital asset'.

How is that for a double standard. Not only are half his assets and the kids hers if she wants a divorce, his sperm should also be her possession during marriage.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The facts are everywhere. Everywhere you look in the world there is evidence, especially in America. There have recently been sundry articles, books, experiences shared on blogs, and anecdotal evidence from everyday men that corroborate everything I said.

If you have never come across this information by now you are trying not to see it. That is your fault not mine.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Isn't imagination a wonderful thing? One can be who they want to be in their minds

But 'Drusilla'... I think you're punching well above your weight there!!

that's the wisest words you have said in this whole thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I should have taken my own advice earlier and stopped commenting in this thread, the trolls are being well fed

Chom chomp chomp

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Chom chomp chomp

These types of threads always end up the same way. Pity!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I know I guess I just accept what goes up must come down back to earth.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I know I guess I just accept what goes up must come down back to earth.

That's not what my Pity! meant.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

You meant feminist pity?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You meant feminist pity?

So predictable. So..... pity!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

So predictable. So..... pity!

Don't be that way, I have tried to bring the peace to this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join