It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is new age feminism getting out of hand?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schillinger

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

I'm not going to argue, I just want to say that I'm deeply sorry for all the brainwashed women out there. Feminism is one of the reasons the western world's birth rate is so low to the point that we're not even replacing ourselves anymore. It's a shame, all they're doing is ruining the traditional family, but that's the point of eugenics I suppose.

Yeah it doesn't really matter about women who dont want to have kids in their late teen's/early 20's, all that really matters is demographics.

You're banging on about birthrates like a women has a duty to produce 2+ kids. With the way things financially stand, couples cant even afford the roof in which to raise a family under. That's not down to feminism, that's down to the man shipping well paid jobs abroad so he can make a few billion.

I agree with the point that the middle class has been completely thrown under the bus in the name of making a few people rich (one look at Detroit tells you that), and that is a large reason as to why people aren't having kids, but you can't deny that western civilization is literally dying off when we're not even replacing ourselves. And you can't deny that the feminist movement is, at it's very core, anti-family.

I would nto equate the feminist movement as anti-family, i would say its pro-women. There's no evidence to suggest that it set out to destroy the family.

The problem that I have is that everything is so anti-male and anti-family that it's almost like an agenda. Turn on the tv and all you see is anti-male anti-family propaganda. And it's all pushed by this hatred for men spewed from the mouths of ignorant feminists that really just feel entitled to what they haven't earned.

That's not what i see when i turn on the tv in Britain.

Women deserve equality, not superiority. And that's really the point here. The message should be about how we empower women to become strong minded individuals within society, earn equal wages, programs in self defense, etc. Not how to bash and hate men, demand the loving womanly right to murder their unborn child, or sit on welfare and collect Government assistance.

Feminists in america must be awful, however im pro-choice so i dont agree with your statement about abortions and i dont want to see people sitting on welfare either.

You want real change and equality? It's going to take time. You don't change the mindset of thousands of years in 50. We need positive female role models to teach the next generation, not women that hang on the every word of these feminists with an obvious agenda. This isn't a sports game, you're not siding with your "team" just because you're female.

To be fair im not really expecting any more change to occur - I feel equal to everyone except those people running the show!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

You don't get it, do you? It's not about women. It's not about men. It's about humanity as a species. You are not on a team just because you're a woman. And you don't need to agree with everything said or done by these movements just because you're the same sex. This is not a sports team... see past the agenda here and speak on what you see to be right.

Read my previous post. Why do we have federal programs based on condoms but not on teaching women to defend themselves? Why is abortion at the top of the list when equal pay is much more important? This is an agenda, the same as it was in the 50s to get women smoking.

Look past the gender lines and fight for true equality, not this left wing crap being shoved down everyone's throat.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

You don't get it, do you? It's not about women. It's not about men. It's about humanity as a species. You are not on a team just because you're a woman. And you don't need to agree with everything said or done by these movements just because you're the same sex. This is not a sports team... see past the agenda here and speak on what you see to be right.

Which is what ive been doing all along. Im not a feminist, im not on a team, i just call things as i see them. Women have been oppressed over the years and it amazes me how some people dispute documented facts because they dont quite grasp the idea of what oppression consists of.

Read my previous post. Why do we have federal programs based on condoms but not on teaching women to defend themselves? Why is abortion at the top of the list when equal pay is much more important? This is an agenda, the same as it was in the 50s to get women smoking.

Your post doesnt really make sense, im not sure of the point you're trying to make.

Look past the gender lines and fight for true equality, not this left wing crap being shoved down everyone's throat.

I feel we are equal enough. But i also feel that my being equal is under threat.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I don't consider the existence of feminists is new. In the 20th century the term feminist was born and it was the more fitting term for an age of modern technology, and advanced ideas to recognise the existence that feminine energies had a dark as well as light side. In the earlier and middle centuries the suitable term to identify the dark energy was as witches. The methods used to weed them out and curtail their black arts was thoroughly robust and guaranteed a stop to their goal of bringing an end to the civilised world.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
I don't consider the existence of feminists is new. In the 20th century the term feminist was born and it was the more fitting term for an age of modern technology, and advanced ideas to recognise the existence that feminine energies had a dark as well as light side. In the earlier and middle centuries the suitable term to identify the dark energy was as witches. The methods used to weed them out and curtail their black arts was thoroughly robust and guaranteed a stop to their goal of bringing an end to the civilised world.

Although women have been around since time began and for the same length of time

as men, It appears it has taken men till the 20th century to 'discover' that.

Then they decided to call them 'feminists' instead of 'women'

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Although women have been around since time began and for the same length of time

as men, It appears it has taken men till the 20th century to 'discover' that.

Then they decided to call them 'feminists' instead of 'women'

The same can be said about those that expect thousand year long traditions to change in 50 years. The fact is, we are animals just like every other animal on this planet. We behave the same as they do, even if we have cars and computers. We are a product of Earth. To deny that is insanity. And to expect the rewiring of both history and instinct in such a small amount of time is absurd.
edit on 2-8-2013 by Schillinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The feminists that you are describing are more ruined husks with idiotic sinister intentions and extreme daddy issues/male hate, rather than feminists, although many times the two can run together..

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

In your first paragraph just substitute the word 'woman' for 'man' and vice versa

and you will have it right

I don't know when or why abortion was brought into this thread
I have vaguely referred

to it in answer to a poster, but I have also posted that I will not be drawn into that argument

in this thread (its off topic and not relative )and there are enough threads already dealing

with the subject.

Why instead of teaching women to 'defend' themselves do they not teach men anger

management, respect, and that women have opinions too? and their opinions are valid

even if they are not the same as theirs. Women have their own minds and views and are

not the property of men, to mould into what they want and as they see fit.

Its a very sad world indeed that needs to teach women to defend themselves!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

In your first paragraph just substitute the word 'woman' for 'man' and vice versa

and you will have it right

I don't know when or why abortion was brought into this thread
I have vaguely referred

to it in answer to a poster, but I have also posted that I will not be drawn into that argument

in this thread (its off topic and not relative )and there are enough threads already dealing

with the subject.

Why instead of teaching women to 'defend' themselves do they not teach men anger

management, respect, and that women have opinions too? and their opinions are valid

even if they are not the same as theirs. Women have their own minds and views and are

not the property of men, to mould into what they want and as they see fit.

Its a very sad world indeed that needs to teach women to defend themselves!

Because those men are scum and there will always be scum in our species (both men and women). That doesn't mean you go on hating all men or that you can train people to act a certain way. I have treated every woman I've ever been with as an equal. I've taken them everywhere I go: ranges, bars with guys, even strip clubs... whatever. And I've never cheated on a woman my entire life. Some men don't view women the same way. Just as some women now don't view all men the same way.

The point is, we are not men and women, we're humans. Both equal in certain areas and not in others. You can't lift 300lbs, I can't give birth. We will never be truly equal, that's just a fact. We both play our roles, as do all animals on this planet. Abortion and contraception have nothing to do with this argument, but it's here because there's an agenda using supposed inequality to push it.
edit on 2-8-2013 by Schillinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I'm still utterly and completely appalled at some of the labeling and expectations voiced by men in this thread.

"Women should be this, or that, or shouldn't be this or that." Really?
No. No woman should be anything less than she wants or strives to achieve.

As individual human beings, women should be able to do anything they want to do, so long as they qualify, or apply themselves toward whatever it is just as any anyone else.
No one should be prohibited or barred from anything if they qualify and have a desire.
This includes all military positions.
Women have consistently proven historically to perform admirably often better under pressure than their male counterparts. In WWII, The Soviets found women to be quite superb snipers.

There's women in all walks of life, some in jobs that a Majority of anyone never get to do.
Astronauts.
Prime Ministers.
etc.

How many of you guys here are astronauts?
How many of you started University when you were 16?
Actually, how many of you started University at the age of 12 like this brilliant young lady
How many of you have even been to University at all?

Point of the matter is no one should be telling anyone what or where their place is or should be, nor preventing anyone from trying regardless of sex or sexual identity.

I still find all the noise about this coming from men overly conspicuous.

edit on 2-8-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

Just to take your first paragraph in this post directed at me

# " Nope, I feel no intimidation or insecurity. That's your expectation"

Nope I believe expect nothing and then you won't be disappointed!

# "I think I made it pretty clear that I'm talking about real people I've encountered"

Does that mean that the people I encounter aren't real??

# "I wish you could witness a self righteous 'feminazi' as she unleash a flurry of

unrealistic expectations on a poor unsuspecting soul".

Hmmnn ... notice the slight shift from feminist to feminazi be careful your

misogyny is slipping out
And boo hoo we've now also got the victim

card played
"As she unleash a flurry of unrealistic expectations on

'a poor unsuspecting soul'"

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd

Originally posted by rickymouse
Those new kind of feminists are kind of bitchy and pushy. I hope I never have to meet up with them when they are on the prowl. I think they are like female lions or tigers. I better mind my mouth, they may find where I live and do a topless protest here. I'll have to get the cats and deer to watch, wouldn't want them feeling they aren't getting enough attention.

And what of men who are arrogant and domineering - where's the difference?

I don't like hanging out with those kind of guys. I would rather hang around with guys who treat all others as equals. I know how to deal with the arrogant and domineering people, if you use rationality and truth in the conversation, they usually get huffed up and leave, complaining as they leave.
As long as they move on, I don't care what the reason.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Women have consistently proven historically to perform admirably often better under pressure than their male counterparts. In WWII, The Soviets found women to be quite superb snipers.

OH PLEASE! *i thought this thread would be dead by now*

Then why are not women a majority in the "art of military"?? they are supposedly the ultimate soldiers according to you.

The soviet snipers? you know what percent of that snipers were women and what percent of the whole military was snipers... we are looking below 3%... yeah forget the 90%+ men that died, so their mothers, sisters and daughter have a chance to live and pass on their own genes.

You bring out few examples of women with outstanding achievements, nothing compared to men in that ratio and in that time.
edit on 8/2/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
One of those snipers look suspiciously like Druscilla, is it possible she may of made that photo up in Photoshop

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

OH PLEASE! *i thought this thread would be dead by now*

Then why are not women a majority in the "art of military"?? they are supposedly the ultimate soldiers according to you.

The soviet snipers? you know what percent of that snipers were women and what percent of the whole military was snipers... we are looking below 3%... yeah forget the 90%+ men that died, so their mothers, sisters and daughter have a chance to live and pass on their own genes.

You bring out few examples of women with outstanding achievements, nothing compared to men in that ratio and in that time.

Your propensity for over exaggeration and embroidery to erroneously and falsely interpret what was just said is absolutely astounding.
Is this why most men think 4 inches is 6?

I did not claim Soviet Women snipers were ultimate soldiers. I simply stated they were found to be superb at their jobs.

The Soviet Union also used women for sniping duties extensively, including Lyudmila Pavlichenko and Nina Lobkovskaya.
source

Over 800,000 women served in the Soviet armed forces in World War II; nearly 200,000 of them were decorated and 89 of them eventually received the Soviet Union’s highest award, the Hero of the Soviet Union. They served as pilots, snipers, machine gunners, tank crew members and partisans, as well as in auxiliary roles.
source

hmmm. 800,000. Nearly a million. 200,000 decorated combat veterans. hmmm.

The point of the matter is, whether it was a 1% demographic, 10% demographic or if the roles were 50% Men, and 50% women, it does NOT matter. Women were there. Women fought. Women performed as well, if not better in some instances than their male counterparts.
They were there. They did their jobs. They did their jobs well.

You, on the other hand want to marginalize, discount, and sideline the contribution and participation of nearly a MILLION women in the Soviet military.

How pathetic can you possibly be that it's so completely and totally important the proud achievements of women in history need be marginalized and sidelined?
Are you really so threatened that you have to go to such extraordinary lengths to bang on your little drum about the very same contributions made by men that aren't all that extraordinary at all because men are more than happy to waste their lives charging into battle, or even starting wars for the sake of glory and fighting?
Is discounting and marginalizing women that important to you?

It's so very sad that you feel it necessary to fight so very very hard to make sure that you prove beyond a doubt that having a Y chromosome makes you a better more worthwhile and special person what with the male species being so rare, and threatened and all.
I mean, it's such a seldom occasion I ever see a man out in the wild any more what with them being nearly extinct because of all the rampant feminazi purges going on all the time.
Yes, indeed, men need all the defense they can get what with them being so threatened.

edit on 2-8-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Men are pragmatic and compensate for inflation.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You somehow how assume Women are "Anti-war", where is this coming from??
women are not the "nurtures" they once claim to be. Its like all the women are screaming at the top of their lungs "DON'T GO TO WAR!" .. sure.

Feel free to insert the "behind every successful man, there is a women" including war.

Nobody is discrediting what the women have done in war, but why blame reasons for war on "men" and celebrate the killings by women participants.

It does not matter if men think they are 6 inch instead of 4, All are wasted if women are a "loose" cannon.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

reply to post by mahatche

Just to take your first paragraph in this post directed at me

# " Nope, I feel no intimidation or insecurity. That's your expectation"

Nope I believe expect nothing and then you won't be disappointed!

# "I think I made it pretty clear that I'm talking about real people I've encountered"

Does that mean that the people I encounter aren't real??

# "I wish you could witness a self righteous 'feminazi' as she unleash a flurry of

unrealistic expectations on a poor unsuspecting soul".

Hmmnn ... notice the slight shift from feminist to feminazi be careful your

misogyny is slipping out
And boo hoo we've now also got the victim

card played
"As she unleash a flurry of unrealistic expectations on

'a poor unsuspecting soul'"

Once again you are being a contrarian of the worst sort. You spew contrarian bile to other people's valid opinions while positing nothing of substance as regards your own. If a man says he feels a certain way based on his experience or makes a perfectly valid argument towards you your best response is "O yeah, ME too ME TOO!! - in the opposite direction!" or "In my imagination I see myself doing everything more impressively than you!"

You have nothing to offer people besides your infantile feminist ideology and indignation. Not to mention a crap load of emoticons. After I called you out on using an absurd amount of emoticons you toned it down to a crap load. Good job. At least she takes orders decently well. Now we must decondition you, free your mind, and save your soul from the feminazi oppressors you think are your friends.
edit on 2-8-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Schillinger

How patronising is that first paragraph in your post to SLI??
You give her absolutely

no credit for having any capacity of any understanding!! You are 'assuming' she has neither

read, studied, or had any personal experience on the subjects under discussion to arrive at the

conclusions she has.

You seem to be implying that she has been force fed a regime by 'feminists' ( or as one of

your allies calls them 'feminazis' :lol
and is incapable of arriving at a sensible decision for

herself and by herself. And all because in essence it doesn't comply with your ideas

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Nothing is getting out of hand. It is what it is. Your "spot" on this planet is finite and if your reading this your better off than not...man or woman. Just be yourself. Time marches forward.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join