It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is new age feminism getting out of hand?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

I am inclined to type as I converse ... I am naturally animated and expressive, so if I

offend you I make no apologies - I have no intention of changing because of

anything you may think

No I'm afraid I don't see a connection with abortion and vasectomies ... for one a

vasectomy is the decision of one person for themselves. Abortion is a decision

made by one person and concerning a 'possible' second.

I must have missed it
because I wasn't aware that SLI had compared abortions

and circumcisions .... However she does have a point because usually abortion

and circumcision is performed on a second 'party' neither is in a position to consent to

so another is making that decision on their part

I don't know where you are from, but in this country (Britain) men are not forced

to support a child that is not theirs ...LOL in fact (due to our very generous benefits

system) very, very many men don't get round to supporting their own

children!!

If you knew the meaning of sexual deviant? Your post was not to my mind coherent ...

but then what do I know?? I'm only a woman and without a degree
but masses

of actual 'hands on experience'

No I'm not from America ... but I have had experience of the British legal system

(and in spite of your belief that women get an easy ride) I have been 'well and truly screwed'

Oh and just on a point you made to SLI that 80% of consumerism is down to women,

WELL OF COURSE IT IS
They shop for

# The house

# The partner

# The children

# The food and drink

# The cats and dogs

# And more often than not book the family holiday

# Oh and of course if there's anything left over they can get something for themselves

edit on 1-8-2013 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

I am a firm believer in "The pen is mightier than the sword"

But 'anyone' who assaults me, without killing me had better learn to sleep with their

eyes open.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

Originally posted by Darkrunner
To the OP, I wouldn't worry about the militant feminists. They usually tend to be lesbian, or end up writing for the New York Times or Washington Post, lamenting how tough they have it, whilst dying alone and childless. They tend to repeat and try to expand upon what their "Feminist Studies" professor drilled into their heads.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for equal work for equal pay, regardless of sex or color.

I am NOT for this PC nonsense of trying to get women onto Seal Teams or other Special Ops teams as part of some social experiment. Peoples lives are at stake, and they don't have the time for this manner of nonsense. No doubt, when they fail, their will be some waiver or lowering of standards to have "equality". Yes, we must have both sexes represented in spec ops teams. We have to make things fair.

I can see this coming a mile away.

Oh please! you say you are all for equal work for equal pay yet you pick and choose which professions? lol

Who are you to say that women who are already out risking their lives for their country can not advance their careers further within the military the way a man can! They are already out there as combat pilots and flight crews etc for the Army, Navy and Air Force, shoulder to shoulder with men.

Oh and you are right to see it coming, because its happening in 2016.

Link

edit on 30-7-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

There is a vast difference between combat pilots/flight crew and special operations. The failure rate of men attempting to qualify can be 75% or more.

So, a question. When women are allowed to attempt to qualify for special op teams (SEALS, Green Berets, Marine Force Recon etc) and few if any pass the training, should standards be lowered to ensure fairness and adequate representation of women in the special ops community? I see the conversation happening thus:

"Sir, congress is wanting to know why we don't have any women on SEAL Team Six."

"Because they didn't pass BUDS. That's why."

"Yeah, but they're REALLY wanting women on SEAL Team Six."

"Give them a f*cking waiver then saying that they passed. Maybe that will shut congress up."

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

Does that mean that when you wake up one morning to find a family of about eight camped

on your front garden washing, making breakfast etc that you will be happy to let them

get on with it?
OR

Will you get the police to come and move them??

AND THEN

Will you be the Aggressor? or the retaliator??

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by Schillinger
I'm not going to argue, I just want to say that I'm deeply sorry for all the brainwashed women out there. Feminism is one of the reasons the western world's birth rate is so low to the point that we're not even replacing ourselves anymore. It's a shame, all they're doing is ruining the traditional family, but that's the point of eugenics I suppose.

Yeah it doesn't really matter about women who dont want to have kids in their late teen's/early 20's, all that really matters is demographics.

You're banging on about birthrates like a women has a duty to produce 2+ kids. With the way things financially stand, couples cant even afford the roof in which to raise a family under. That's not down to feminism, that's down to the man shipping well paid jobs abroad so he can make a few billion.

I agree with the point that the middle class has been completely thrown under the bus in the name of making a few people rich (one look at Detroit tells you that), and that is a large reason as to why people aren't having kids, but you can't deny that western civilization is literally dying off when we're not even replacing ourselves. And you can't deny that the feminist movement is, at it's very core, anti-family.

The problem that I have is that everything is so anti-male and anti-family that it's almost like an agenda. Turn on the tv and all you see is anti-male anti-family propaganda. And it's all pushed by this hatred for men spewed from the mouths of ignorant feminists that really just feel entitled to what they haven't earned.

Women deserve equality, not superiority. And that's really the point here. The message should be about how we empower women to become strong minded individuals within society, earn equal wages, programs in self defense, etc. Not how to bash and hate men, demand the loving womanly right to murder their unborn child, or sit on welfare and collect Government assistance.

You want real change and equality? It's going to take time. You don't change the mindset of thousands of years in 50. We need positive female role models to teach the next generation, not women that hang on the every word of these feminists with an obvious agenda. This isn't a sports game, you're not siding with your "team" just because you're female.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

No I'm afraid I don't see a connection with abortion and vasectomies ... for one a vasectomy is the decision of one person for themselves. Abortion is a decision made by one person and concerning a 'possible' second.

A vasectomy is a procedure performed by a doctor to safeguard against procreation by men.
An abortion is a procedure performed by a doctor to terminate pregnancy in women.

Both procedures are used to limit offspring. Both DECISIONS are used for selfish purposes
. Until a woman can actually have a conversation with a fetus, embryo, or partial-birth and it concurs to abort the mission you cannot claim a woman to be unselfish.

Actually, a vasectomy is even more selfless than abortion because sperm, that naturally die off anyway, are simply being contained. Abortion, on the other hand, is killing a viable fetus that even at 12 weeks is incredibly complex and human.

usually abortion and circumcision is performed on a second 'party' neither is in a position to consent to so another is making that decision on their part

Women are not consenting to abortions? News to me. Circumcisions are limiting conception potential? News to me. A religious and social ritual used to symbolize group inclusion, service to God, and manhood can be considered the same as an abortion??
News to me.

I don't know where you are from, but in this country (Britain) men are not forced to support a child that is not theirs ...LOL in fact (due to our very generous benefits system) very, very many men don't get round to supporting their own children!!

Ok, ok. That is fine. I am not aware of how child support works across the pond lass so don't get mad at me or cause a kerfuffle.

If you knew the meaning of sexual deviant? Your post was not to my mind coherent ... but then what do I know?? I'm only a woman and without a degree but masses of actual 'hands on experience'

In my country men are seen as sexual predators that want to rape everything that moves. Women in my country can rape with impunity, whore and be called liberated, and can not have a clue who fathered her child yet can be supported by the government or trap some hapless man into supporting her and her child. If a man did these things it would be called what it is, sexual deviance.

Oh and just on a point you made to SLI that 80% of consumerism is down to women, WELL OF COURSE IT IS

Yay! I love seeing all those tampon, UTI, and contraceptive commercials on television. I love walking into any store and seeing a hundred different tabloids at checkout talking about some whore who gained 15 pounds or some housewife that got a divorce settlement for hundreds of millions of dollars because she made her husband's life a living hell until he cheated on her. I appreciate every advertisement that invades my consciousness every 20 seconds assuming I'm a woman and can be tricked into buying every popular new convenience, comfort, or solution for non-existent problems. I especially love the gossiping and fear mongering on new shows that seek to elicit emotional responses from women viewers.

They shop for

Self worth
edit on 1-8-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
How about this one.

You're on a sinking ship in the middle of the Atlantic.

The nearest Rescue ship is 4 hours away.

The ship is going to be gone in 2 hours.

There are 1,000 people on board; 500 men and 500 women. All of the 500 men know each other, all of the 500 women know each other, but none of the men or women know each other.

There are only 500 places in the life boats.

Who should get the places?

Who would get the places?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

edit on 1-8-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

Who would get the places?

Women would get all the spaces but allow 1 man to board each boat just in case, you know, someone must fight off a shark or save a woman from drowning. So lets say 490 women and 10 men would be saved.

After being found the media would claim the ship sank because the male captain was drunk and incompetent. Every woman interviewed would note the bravery and sacrifice of all the women who were strong enough to survive the harrowing 2 hour ordeal by rowing the oars on the life boats and suffering the uncomfortable life-vests. The media would also demonize the dead men because they didn't save enough money or collect enough assets to bequeath to their destitute families.

O, and at least 10 of the surviving women would claim to have been raped while on the ship.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

Your first two answers tell me you haven't understood my post on these subjects so

I'll give it one last try

Both procedures do not limit offspring only the vasectomy does. After an abortion a

woman can produce annually, or even more often ... IF SHE WANTS TO

And who are you to make judgements on whether someone is selfish?? Its only

YOUR OPINION after all! What do you know about the woman?? she might have

half a dozen children already.

I might have guessed a vasectomy would be selfless after all

it happens to men. And I don't intend to discuss abortion on this thread there are

already several threads on the subject.

Circumcision is performed on a male baby and an abortion on a fetus neither able to

consent which leaves the 'second party' (ie. the mother of the boy and the 'potential

mother') to make the decision. You really should read the posts more thoroughly

Your 'name calling' of women and your 'poor me' male victim attitude is ugly and

very unbecoming

And finally your last remarks
I think you watch too much TV
Its not real

you know

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The head of the illuminati is a woman, a feminist a lesbianist, a economist of perversion so twisted in dark ideology that decorum on this forum prevents me from describing it.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Schillinger

I am a woman and entitled to everything I have, bought and paid for

entirely by myself!

Yes I feel entitled to equality and

No I do not want superiority

In 50 years I have seen many changes ... but not nearly enough.

Funnily enough the nicest young adults (teens children of both sexes) I know come

from homes with strong, confident women (mothers) ... Ones you would probably

call feminists.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So I was about to make a really ignorant post, guys.

This one might seem twice as ignorant (if you don't read it all, not that one could blame you
), but it's honest.

Originally, it would've been something like, "This thread could've been a contender. We could've had clean, calm and intelligent discourse about these issues."

Then I remembered that it's in the Rant section.

So I guess what it comes down to is, why the rant? And against my better judgement, and even calling myself a feminist (prefer egalitarian, but you gotta defend what you gotta defend) I kinda get it, OP.

You feel intimidated. You know what? So do I, sometimes.

I work in customer service at the moment. Not my choice of career at the moment, but we're getting there.

I'm one of two men who work full-time at our shop. The rest, management, assistants, volunteers etc are women. They are, quite honestly, some of the nicest people I've ever had the opportunity to be around.

Of course, any homogeneous group, no matter how nice, can harbour biases.

I do all the heavy lifting, all of the running up-and-down stairs and to-and-fro. Do I resent this? No! It's cool to know that I'm needed. But when jokes are made about it ("That's all he's good for, why else have him here?" or "It's called being a gentleman; he's supposed to serve us and like it!") you wonder... what is it like when the shoe's on the other foot?

Like I said, though, appreciation is shown, and it's all light-hearted banter. But the same can't be said for customers. At the till I've been hit on several times and told I should feel lucky. Some customers (mostly middle-aged women) don't even let me begin to fold items because "men are clueless about that stuff".

Then, outside of work, you have the female acquaintances who really think all your thoughts are lustful, and that you'd say yes to anyone and anything. So much so, they laugh when you tell them that men can be raped, and by other women. Not by British law, which is fair enough. But does that make non-consensual sex okay?

I would never attempt to overlook the amount of abuse women have to put up with for being women. As a black person who has to put up with a lot in hindsight, I sympathise as much as is possible (you know, since I'm a guy). But at the same time, the patriarchy does affect men too, and yes, there are some feminists, plus a lot of traditional/trendy/mainstream women who would rather forget that.

But it's not because they're women. It's because they feel entitled to certain things, and it's what society tells them. Depending on your background, social norms will feed you lies on what you're entitled to, and what is closed off to you.

So OP, I feel your pain. I do. But if you're looking for justice, feminists are not the culprits.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I feel conversing with you is unbecoming. I've responded to all your points with much more sense than you could muster. I've explained things to you that you clearly don't understand yet you retort that I haven't understood what you have been saying when YOU HAVEN'T UTTERED ANYTHING OF SUBSTANCE. You are trying to veil your insolence with unintelligible tripe. You conveniently dismiss all the logical arguments being brought before you because you can't admit you are in over your head.
I suspect you feminists are used to that though. Perhaps you should consider going back to school...

Those are just my honest observations about you, your shortcomings, and what you need to do in the future to better yourself.

There is no longer any room for my humility beside your pride. Ragamuffins can go scratch.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

And I don't intend to discuss abortion on this thread there are already several threads on the subject.

Maybe that is because you believe an abortion can be performed on a woman without her consent...

You said...

usually abortion and circumcision is performed on a second 'party' neither is in a position to consent to so another is making that decision on their part

Who exactly is out there killing women's babies? Apparently you have some fantasy that the Boogie Man is doing it and not the women themselves.

Like I said, you are in over your head and perhaps that could benefit by professional attention too.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Men are winning in this thread, I did the Talley

Woman :
- whiny
- lack of empirical data
-emotional
- subborn
- esoteric
- black widows of cunning
- sin lovers

Men:
- Hard working
- Honest
- use Scientific methods
- Handle reality
- poignant open minds
- champions of ethical debate

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Those new kind of feminists are kind of bitchy and pushy. I hope I never have to meet up with them when they are on the prowl. I think they are like female lions or tigers. I better mind my mouth, they may find where I live and do a topless protest here. I'll have to get the cats and deer to watch, wouldn't want them feeling they aren't getting enough attention.

And what of men who are arrogant and domineering - where's the difference?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
reply to post by mahatche

Men that are comfortable in themselves and their 'masculinity' will never be intimidated

by any feminist/woman.

We all have a place in this world ... and it should be an equal place

Nope, I feel no intimidation or insecurity. That is your expectation, but all I feel is simple annoyance at people who go to far. I think I've made it pretty clear that I'm talking about real people I've encountered. I wish you could witness a self righteous femnazi as she unleash a flurry of unrealistic expectations on a poor unsuspecting soul.

They don't understand that equality doesn't come with a position of superiority. Equality should leave us on equal ground. If you want equality, I want you to have it, but some women still don't understand why I'm not willing to accept inequality and they should if they are consistent.

When feminists understand sex and attraction is a natural part of life, I have no problem, but the one's that lean to heavily on there misogynist card are annoying.

They exist, If they' are considered new age, they are going to far, just like the thread asked.

If you think it's insecure to expect equality then i don't know what to say. I just believe in balance. Women who expect some type of role reversal and an eye for an eye aren't being realistic. As a man, I find the women who have an underlying hatred of men unpleasant to be around. They also exist, and they go to far.
edit on 1-8-2013 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
reply to post by Schillinger

I am a woman and entitled to everything I have, bought and paid for

entirely by myself!

Yes I feel entitled to equality and

No I do not want superiority

In 50 years I have seen many changes ... but not nearly enough.

Funnily enough the nicest young adults (teens children of both sexes) I know come

from homes with strong, confident women (mothers) ... Ones you would probably

call feminists.

Listen, I am all for strong, confident women. That's what we should be aiming for in a society. But I just don't think we achieve that through focusing on abortion and hating men. Is that really so wrong for me to say? I want women to succeed in society. I want my daughter to make more than I make. I want women to be able to defend themselves in situations like rape and abuse. These are things we should all be working towards, but it has nothing to do with Sandra Fluke, contraception or abortion.

You want real change? Let's talk about federally funded programs teaching women how to defend themselves, instead of where to get a free condom. Let's talk about making sure women are paid an equal wage when they are capable of doing the same job as a man. Let's talk about real equality, not the left wing agenda that wants to use women to push an anti-male anti-family agenda.

I want equality for women. I want to see strong female role models in this world. Pushing abortion on people that don't agree with it isn't going to get you very far though.
edit on 2-8-2013 by Schillinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

Shame on you men ... and yes I generalize ... so what

www.nytimes.com...

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join