It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is new age feminism getting out of hand?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

Hi, thanks for reposting on this thread, i am interested in following up your post about male/female intelligence, can you please provide me with some sources to which your opinion is based.
Much appreciated,

Search Lights

edit on 31-7-2013 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I like pink stuff, like cotton candy and ice cream.. but pink shirt, meh!

On the Abortion debate:

If Women does not want the baby and Men wants it.. too bad for men, find another women who would give you the child.

If Women wants the baby and Men doesn't, this would be a whole different matter, because now, the men's "body" is involved, as well as his labour for the next 18 yrs.

No way a women is going to solely make that choice(sadly the current law allows her to ruin a persons life).

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

My point

Name me one woman who has started a war in the last 2000 years

Impressive list of names but skimming through them I noticed most of them stated

rebellion

REBELLION =

A defensive organised resistance,

Retaliation,

A revolt, an uprising against authority or invasion

Opposition to authority or dominance over one

Not quite like deliberately organising a war and seeking out an enemy ?

More like maintaining the status quo

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Its up to every individual to take responsibility for themselves

Don't want a baby? ... Don't rely on anybody else make sure to take your own

precautions

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Yes precaution should be taken by BOTH!

If the precaution is taken and pregnancy does happen, what are you answers to the previous question i asked?

Which was: Should the women be allowed keep the baby if the men does not want it?(like we have now in the system)
edit on 7/31/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

I like pink stuff, like cotton candy and ice cream.. but pink shirt, meh!

On the Abortion debate:

If Women does not want the baby and Men wants it.. too bad for men, find another women who would give you the child.

If Women wants the baby and Men doesn't, this would be a whole different matter, because now, the men's "body" is involved, as well as his labour for the next 18 yrs.

No way a women is going to solely make that choice(sadly the current law allows her to ruin a persons life).

Deffo no place to get into the Abortion issue, but i know guys have an opinion on it, just the way they act about it - Like the final choice is theirs and theirs alone - Could you imagine a woman with the same attitude about male circumcision!? Its crazyness.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Come on now.. you can't compare Circumcision(which has nothing to do with another person) to pregnancy where two people are involved.
.... circumcision should be compared to men telling women what to wear or get a b**b job.

You say the choice is their final choice, so in the case she doesn't want the baby, i agree, but what if she wants to keep the baby? why do men have to suffer for an unwanted baby?

A women carrying an unwanted baby is the same as men forcing the women to carry a baby. Doesn't seem right.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Many people do not follow medical matters to the T. That includes both men and women

If something is meant to be taken daily that equates to one every 24 hours ... so its

unlikely to work as well if its taken at 8am one day and 8pm the next, or I forgot

yesterdays I'll take two today!! I have seen it happen
that's why I say TRUST NO ONE

take responsibility for yourself ...

Ohhhh just seen your post ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ If you follow that advice there'll be no need to whinge

edit on 31-7-2013 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Come on now.. you can't compare Circumcision(which has nothing to do with another person) to pregnancy where two people are involved.
.... circumcision should be compared to men telling women what to wear or get a b**b job.

I can and have. Circumcision is to do with a man's body and only HE can decide what's best. Pregnancy affects only a woman's body so only she can decide what's best. What annoys me is the attitude some people take towards an issue that is nothing to do with their sex.

You say the choice is their final choice, so in the case she doesn't want the baby, i agree, but what if she wants to keep the baby? why do men have to suffer for an unwanted baby?

They shouldn't have to, i agree. Do men get trapped by women? YES! Is it fair? NO! do i agree with it? NO. Something has to be done because on that issue i feel men are getting screwed over.

A women carrying an unwanted baby is the same as men forcing the women to carry a baby. Doesn't seem right.

Well yano, its just one of those things, its not entirely fair but unfortunately, that's how it stands. If the first 9 months of pregnancy was to do with a man's body i'd be singing a different tune.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

Many people do not follow medical matters to the T. That includes both men and women

If something is meant to be taken daily that equates to one every 24 hours ... so its

unlikely to work as well if its taken at 8am one day and 8pm the next, or I forgot

yesterdays I'll take two today!! I have seen it happen
that's why I say TRUST NO ONE

take responsibility for yourself ...

Ohhhh just seen your post ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ If you follow that advice there'll be no need to whinge

edit on 31-7-2013 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

Yano im on the pill but not for contraceptive reasons, even i forget to take it some days

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by beastnwokillah
Just never forget God created Eve from Adam's rib to be at his side... not behind Adam or ahead of Adam, but at Adam's side as one cohesive unit.

I really think the version of Genesis that had Adam & Lilith in it is telling. Adam couldn't handle a strong independent intelligent woman so he whined to God and had him make him a sex slave. Women are just now beginning to aspire to the strength of Lilith and men are whining again about strong independent intelligent women.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

i don't think i ever agreed it with you before.

I guess its bound to happen once or twice.

*looks at the sky... yup that is a pig flying*

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

i don't think i ever agreed it with you before.

I guess its bound to happen once or twice.

*looks at the sky... yup that is a pig flying*

Lol, im just glad that every discussion we get into doesn't always have to be venomous (I know im guilty of it)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

LOL ... for whatever reason!! ... But if it was for contraception, I bet you'd be more

careful
and you don't seem the type to whinge if you had behaved irresponsibly

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

That must be the R rated bible,

Have to google that, I'm not sure if that was a joke or this sex slave thing is for real...

Does that mean eve is the sex slave??

Sorry for my ignorance I don't follow religion.

:just checked, it was for real, just goes to show how edited our version of the bible has become over the ages.
edit on 31-7-2013 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

LOL ... for whatever reason!! ... But if it was for contraception, I bet you'd be more

careful

You're right there! Thankfully dont have to worry about that!

and you don't seem the type to whinge if you had behaved irresponsibly

Naw, ive always taken it on the chin if i got myself into any crap, i dont start blaming others for my mistakes!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I really think the version of Genesis that had Adam & Lilith in it is telling. Adam couldn't handle a strong independent intelligent woman so he whined to God and had him make him a sex slave. Women are just now beginning to aspire to the strength of Lilith and men are whining again about strong independent intelligent women.

Shall we discuss the REAL biblical story where women were not even included in God's original plan for life on this planet. This isn't my opinion it is a fact. God only created a woman, after all the vegetation, animals, fish, and original man because Adam wanted something to have sex with, literally. Not only that, Eve was not an independent creation but crafted from a non vital part of the male's body.

God made Adam because he was lonely and longing for companionship. He made Eve because Adam was lonely and longing for companionship. It shows the hierarchy clearly. And no I am not a Christian, Jew, Muslim, or a religitard of any sort.
edit on 31-7-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I acknowledge that you made some good points in your last response to me. I'm just curious about your belief system. You mentioned you don't subscribe to religion or war so are you an atheist, humanist, pacifist, etc...? I am not a believer in any religious ideologies however the bible is a book full of otherworldly wisdom if you know what to look for. I talk about the bible but most of my ideas come from Kabbalah, the classical and conservative interpretation. This knowledge of course cannot exist without the Hebrew bible, so be it.

And just because I want to continue my purpose of trying to discredit all your views...

You said:

Well, we got into the industrial age and suddenly things had changed again. Men and women were working side by side in the mills - But women were getting paid less. Women were being denied opportunities to move up the ladder due to their sex.

It is true women were getting paid less for jobs that were only available to them because the guys were away. But the obvious elephant in the room is that those men were drafted to fight in World War 2. What is a little pay difference matter when you get to be at home safe and sound. And you can't use that civilian casualty excuse you used before. No civilians living in America were killed or in danger. In fact, all women in this country are protected by the government while men are seen as disposable. You know if World War 3 started tomorrow all us guys would be forced to fight or be thrown in jail, regardless, while you could take whatever jobs were left for us and lament making a few bucks less.
edit on 31-7-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Its up to every individual to take responsibility for themselves Don't want a baby? ... Don't rely on anybody else make sure to take your own precautions

I support that a woman should have every right to an abortion just like I support men to have every right to get a vasectomy.

And if you want to talk about responsibility how is it that men are getting stuck paying child support for children that are not their own?

How are women much less likely to pay child support if a man has custody of the children?

Why are men so much more likely to be viewed as sexual deviants and women are blameless for their sexual irresponsibility?

How can a woman cheat on her husband, instigate a divorce, and get half his stuff because the legal system favors women?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm not going to argue, I just want to say that I'm deeply sorry for all the brainwashed women out there. Feminism is one of the reasons the western world's birth rate is so low to the point that we're not even replacing ourselves anymore. It's a shame, all they're doing is ruining the traditional family, but that's the point of eugenics I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join