It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Writes Book About Christianity=Fantastic Fox Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Fox News had the opportunity to interview a gentleman by the name of Reza Aslan who was promoting his book "The life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth". In short the lady conducting the interview felt as though it was impossible for a Muslim to write a book about Christianity.

This young man who does a fantastic job clearly explaining his position just does not sink into the interviewer who in my opinion had him on just to bait him on in the hopes that he looks like a fool....nice try fox you D-Bags!

We need to see more muslims of his caliber rather than what the media would like us to see to continue the divide...nice job Reza!

Link

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Yeah! Go Reza! This FOX interviewer just can't wrap her head around the fact that a professional, PHD'ed scholar can have an opinion that isn't instilled with religious bias. I love the way he handles himself and defends his work!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
She was owned...I may buy that book now, appears to be a very intelligent chap.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

So funny..of all questions that came in from viewers she of course picks one of the more inflamatory question...I too may buy the book....
edit on 28-7-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw the bit on CNN about this new book "Zealot." The anecdotes were VERY telling.

Switched from a "lukewarm" Muslim upbringing to Evangelical Christian.....then went to university and discovered how screwed up the Bible is.

The more I probed the Bible to arm myself against the doubts of unbelievers, the more distance I discovered between the Jesus of the Gospels and the Jesus of history – between Jesus the Christ and Jesus of Nazareth.

In college, where I began my formal study of the history of religions, that initial discomfort soon ballooned into full-blown doubts.

The bedrock of evangelical Christianity, at least as it was taught to me, is the unconditional belief that every word of the Bible is God-breathed and true, literal and inerrant.

The sudden realization that this belief is patently and irrefutably false, that the Bible is replete with the most blatant and obvious errors and contradictions — just as one would expect from a document written by hundreds of different hands across thousands of years — left me confused and spiritually unmoored.
Losing Christ and Finding Jesus

Now, rejects 'organized religion' and focuses on Jesus himself, and the VERIFIABLE image. rather than "Jesus the Christ." No, rather ..... Jesus of Nazareth.!!!

Well done!!!!

Why the Fox News Scandal Is Good News for Reza Aslan

The whole ten minute appearance is embarrassing for the news network, even if it was an online show, for a number of reasons. As Uproxx's Josh Kurp points out: "At no point does Fox News realize the irony of persecuting someone over their religion in a discussion about Jesus." That's probably the biggest one.

But after the interview started to get passed around quietly on Saturday, and then exploded late last night after Buzzfeed called it "The Most Embarrassing Interview Fox News Has Ever Done," the outrage train was off and running. The reaction fell somewhere between praise for Aslan and disbelief at Fox News' horrible behavior.

"FOX NEWS" is an abomination.
:shk:
Bob's Burgers, however, is hilarious!!!!
edit on 28-7-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Why didn't she just say what was on her mind? You are a Muslim so you aren't allowed to talk about Jesus. This woman was clearly unprepared for this interview. Funny thing though he said he was a Muslim so wasn't he supposed to say PBUH after saying Jesus?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Why didn't she just say what was on her mind? You are a Muslim so you aren't allowed to talk about Jesus. This woman was clearly unprepared for this interview. Funny thing though he said he was a Muslim so wasn't he supposed to say PBUH after saying Jesus?

No, one could always, if they choose, give the peace silently.
Anyway it’s not incumbent on Muslims to be so literal.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Oh man i felt disrespected for him. Goes to show you that the folks reading the news are not very intelligent.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
That woman was probably a Christian so she felt incumbent to attack a Muslim.
Also she probably didn't even read the book.

The author, who BTW should have also reminded this ignorant woman that there are numerous books written on Islam by non-Muslims, and where does it say that if one is to write a book on a particular religion they have to be of that faith.
Also, the guy should have reminded her that Jesus wasn’t a Christian!

He embarrassed her enough though but these added points would have buried her even deeper.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Wow.
U.S. mainstream media is nothing but entertainment akin to mindless reality television, and people are realizing it more and more. This wasn't even worthy of being called an interview.
The guy handled it pretty professionally though

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I'm almost positive this has been posted.

(not my business I'm not a mod.)

yet.

edit on 28-7-2013 by playernumber13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I guess ill have to read the book because I didn't get the point this man is trying to say about Jesus

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I was directed here by another thread about the video, so I'll share my opinion here.

He should have asked her if a black woman has any business writing about a white man. That's the same ignorant stupidity she was trying to push asking why a Muslim would write about Jesus.

Fox is just awful.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Bah, Yanks at it best showing to the world that they live in a bubble obscured by the rest of the world.
I laughed all the way to the loo.

Uneducated people get to become tv-"reporters"?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Apparently that woman 'interviewing' him is a former catwalk model, I think that's quite clear she hasn't one ounce of intelligence. Fox News is an absolute joke, I love the way Young Turks destroys them on a daily basis it's hilarious.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
At one point she asked him what Muslims think about his book, and he came off with the same thing again.. "I am an academic and this is an academic work!'

What was wrong with that question?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
One problem here is the old adage people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones no matter how educated at throwing stones they might be.

yes I went all 4th grade on the logic but seriously try and defeat that quote and tell me that isn't what this guy is doing? lol he used his mother, wife, education, brother in law to shield himself and his views from the mass of people who could poke holes in his reasons for even creating a book like this. I'm not saying he isn't right or wrong but coming from a muslim its really in bad taste no matter how you look at especially when his faith every time its questioned loses there damn minds
edit on 29-7-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Aslan wrote a book about Jesus

I wish I had something more useful to add, but I just found that funny.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

His point was he is a scholar of theology, all religion..are you saying only Christians can write about christianity? and only Muslims about Islam?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If i get a chance I'll read it.

Any person who identifies jesus as someone who went against the grain is ok in my book, because he be right.

edit on 29-7-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join