It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Normandie Cliff Collapses, Orbs Fly Out?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

The 'enhancements' are in my opinion intentionally fraudulent in nature and I a vote to move this to skunk works as a deliberate hoax.

deliberate hoax?
i despise hoaxes, you know?
I DO SEE something in this footage and just trying to pull it out somehow
so you can see it too.
no bad intentions, ESPECIALLY no intention to hoax.
That's is a very aggressive accusation.
It's just an open insult.

You misinterpreted my intesions completey.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

the photos seem to imply the OP is suggesting they have data other than visible light

I am suggesting what?
Where did i suggest that?
I am not suggesting that at all.
From what i see in the video, there seems to be some semi-transparent projection through the smoke.
I can use only basic photoshop tools - contrast, color settings (no filters, no fx),
to try and isolate what i believe is there.

What is not visible is not visible.
I can't reach invisible stuff. Don't have the technology.
I only use stuff that is already in the image.

WTF?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

deliberately lieing

deliberate attempt to mislead people.

Stop those insults already !!!!
There. Those are a deliberate lies right there.

These attacks on me are so offensive, aggressive, rude and violent,
it now makes me think i have actually found something?

I don't believe some of you guys can't move past the bird.
We urgently need slow motion stabilized high resolution footage
Plus another one with brightness contrast adjusted.

BTW, i think it's time for Moderator to step in
and stop this
Witchunt and lynch mobbing in progress.

If you don't like / don't see / don't believe there are strange things in this video
(apart form "birds" / "orbs")
you can just move to another thread already.
What keeps you here?

This is just turning into mobbing and violence now?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krokodil

deliberately lieing

deliberate attempt to mislead people.

Stop those insults already !!!!
There. Those are a deliberate lies right there.

These attacks on me are so offensive, aggressive, rude and violent,
it now makes me think i have actually found something?

I don't believe some of you guys can't move past the bird.
We urgently need slow motion stabilized high resolution footage
Plus another one with brightness contrast adjusted.

BTW, i think it's time for Moderator to step in
and stop this
Witchunt and lynch mobbing in progress.

If you don't like / don't see / don't believe there are strange things in this video
(apart form "birds" / "orbs")
you can just move to another thread already.
What keeps you here?

This is just turning into mobbing and violence now?

It's NOT a witch hunt you just wont listen!

YOU can't get slow mo hi-res stabilized video when it wasn't filmed in high res
(CSI is not real)
You are the one ignoring all the evidence presented to YOU.
Armap myself and others HAVE pointed out many times what you are looking at is the video compression artifacts YOU just don't want to hear or see the truth.

It's BIRD's you see in the video the rest of the things YOU think you see are caused by the quality of the video due to being lo-res then being dumped on you tube.

YOU have also been given links to explain what you see have YOU even bothered to look at those.

Here read about the subject and learn about it .

Digital Video, MPEG and Associated Artifacts

From the vimeo site were many PROFESSIONALS show their videos!!!

Check out this comparison between a clip encoded at a low bit rate vs. a high bit rate. The screenshots are taken from our Vimeo in Spanish announcement video, where the camera tilts up looking at Vimeo HQ. At a very low bit rate with a fair amount of movement, large areas of the image are grouped together and look like big chunky blocks of color.

THIS IS WHAT they are talking about.

More here this video shows various codecs for video and what they do!!!

You asked in your OP what people thought people with MORE experience and KNOWLEDGE are giving you answers because it's not what you hoped YOU don't want to know.

Remember the MOTTO on here DENY IGNORANCE!!!!

edit on 8-8-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Krokodil
My vision is 20/20, i'm using Samsung SyncMaster 957MB monitor
and i watch Youtube vids on 480 resolution,
And on my screen, two magical disappearing objects look like this:

You forgot one of the things I said, the part about adjusting the screen, as a badly adjust screen cannot show all the colours and shades an adjusted screen can.

Last year we had a designer working on the company where I work, and he asked for (and got) a new, bigger monitor, but he did not adjusted it. The result was that when he showed me his work, what he thought was fuchsia was almost brown, he was shocked to see the difference a common monitor with good adjustments can make. There were also some shades of blue (I think it was) that were not visible on his new monitor but were on mine, and a comparison of RGB values showed that they were really different.

PS: posting images of what you see is not really possible, as a badly adjusted monitor will not show the image as it should but a print screen of the image sent to someone with an adjusted monitor will show that person something you could not see, as the computer feeds the same data to the monitor but the badly adjusted one cannot show it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I have no personal malice towards you.

You have been shown why you are seeing the blocking and repeated structures appear in zoomed in images. These facts are not up for debate, they are inherent to the way video compression works and are not guesses, they are fact.

People took great time to point this out and you continue to draw lines around shapes, it is even clear in the images that there are plenty of other shapes you did not highlight.

Your continued posts never acknowledged this fact, you then shade objects with colors that denote infrared imaging, then green for xray imaging. Standard color schemes used in science and well known to most people beyond the 6th grade.

I opened my statement with a very clear sentence as to why I believe you are intentionally trying to deceive people. I do not hang around on these forums to debunk people but I have extensive experience with video compression CIF rates, MPEG encoding, and was part of a team that assisted major security companies in h.264 deployment of cameras and digital zoom capabilities vs older codecs. I spent a large portion of my early 20s examining security camera footage and creating videos for court cases where the images were not clear and required genuine enhancements, even in court this data is hard to use as any defense team worth its salt will call in a video expert to talk about how digital zooming effects perception and how video compression replaces the actual video data with repetitive images to save on size.

In the very first photo you drew some heads onto you can simply look in the lower right corner and see the same head figure sequence appear, however, you did not highlight it there, why?

This is why nasa so easily uses arguments like artifacts and overbloom to explain away anything they don't like, they are common occurrences and palpable explanations for anything they don't want someone to look at.

This is also why ufo seekers try to use true shutter capture video, and uncompressed file formats(something you can not do on most cell phones) when the data is uncompressed you then have something to work with.

You are lacking basic knowledge of these facts, which is required to enhance anything, your claims are false, your failure to acknowledge this as a possibility or to address previous posters concerns that you do not understand video compression is what leads to people such as my self claiming you are a hoaxster and the bluntness of my replies.

If you are doing this in all good faith, then please consider the point that enlarging source material with digital zoom will lead to nothing but artifacts and false data. Color saturation is not enhancement. If you are genuine then don't take my comments as a personal affront but do heed the many people's advice on doing some general research on how video compression works and why you might be seeing the very odd things you are highlighting in your image. I see that your account is new, and I do not know how long you have been with the ATS community but you will find that this website has a rather capable collection of experts and generally requires much more proof and is far more critical of posters than most other 'conspiracy' based sites. It has a large alternative sciences section and is populated by several genuine mainstream researchers who use this as an outlet to discuss and debate their non mainstream ideas and as such you should expect some harsh criticism when you post these kinds of things, I have had plenty of my own threads torn to pieces by such people, I learned from them, researched what they had to say, and in the end thanked them for saving me a lot of wasted time chasing unicorns, the truth is not always candy coated and polite.

I will finish by saying, I am not posting here to harass or degrade you, but by your own admission you only have basic tools at your disposal, you also have no site history for me to judge your intentions with, I would really advise doing some reading on:

CIF
Codecs
Compression Artifacts
Digital Zoom
False frame replacement
Image interlacing

The UFO documentary: Seceret NASA transmissions: The smoking gun, has brief explanation of how video images are made and what actually goes on inside the hardware and CCD portions of a camera, perhaps watching that may not only be educational but entertaining for you, have a good day,

edit on 8-8-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I did not present this as evidence, that is not what i claim.
But the reactions are as if i said this is THE evidence.

I did not film it myself. I just noticed some strange things and wanted to see if other people
can see it too, than talk about it - with them.
Still want the same but i am being prevented from doing it by any means.

I DO NOT hoax images.
I always put on display original video or still from that video first.
Then - i put up photo that i have processed (non-professionaly)
to point to what i am talking about.
You're not happy?
Be a nice guy - grab that original still and enhance it yourself - professionally,
Than CONTRIBUTE to the thread by posting it.
Don't nag about it and accuse.
If you can do it better - DO IT.
I didn't say i do it best!

So what's the big fuss about?
You KNOW EVERYTHING about artefacts and compression,
Obviously - no one can fool you if they wanted to.
Why all the panic then?

If there is some rule as how exactly is picture to be posted, i'm ready to oblige that.
If not - i'll do it the same way i enhance it for myself privately.
(Maybe i am SO BAD i'm tryng to deliberately hoax myself too, when no one is looking?)

Stop implying that i am doing stuff deliberately to fool people in any way.
Don't care who you are - stop insulting me already, you don't even know me!
If you knew me - you would NEVER EVER use the word hoax in the same sentence with me.
But you don't know me, so (that's the beauty of internet) you can safely insult me at will.

The lenght of your reply is by itself, an act of obstruction of the thread.
You know by attacking you are forcing me to self defense, which is just another act of obstruction of the thread.
I see no good intensions there at all.

Especially because today i wanted to post something else that will help me explain what i mean, in the following days.
But NOO - there is almost a page of allegations, that i must address at least partially..

I have no personal malice towards you

So prove your claim that you're not malicious toward me.
Stop obstructing, stop accusing, just allow me to move on.

I am NOT faking any colors to look like anything, infrared or night vision.
I am not such an idiot you obviously think i am.
Colors of all kind sometimes come up themselves if i crank up CURVES for instance,
simply wanting to expose something better, that is otherwise hard to see.
Have you ever used Photoshop at all?

In other cases, (with more uniform color) it's only color balance tools,
again - only to define shape better, a shape that is already there.
Color sometimes puts object of interest in the light, while dimming the irrelevant surroundings.
So i can separate object of interest in order to see it better.
But the original is PRESENT TOO.

Pretending i am using night vision?
Where the F.....heck did you get that from????????
Do you really believe you are so good at discovering my whole character
and all my intensions at first ever sight?
"Oh you are soooo good! "
""""You got everything right, and poor me thought i'm gonna fool me some people today!
I am busted by great detective - what now?""""

If you don't mind i have raging WD40 here who is attacking me from the other side,
and i have a thread topic to continue, don't have time for this.

there is NO (N - O) deliberate or non deliberate hoax here,
no malicious intent,
no desire to fool anyone with anything

There is something i believe i do see,
and i'm trying to reach to the people who might find it interesting (impossible task)
My intensions are honest
maybe not professional enough for some people,
I have desire to know and find out.
NOT TO CHEAT

So if you're not interested in topic,
and there's no danger of hoax present - you can relax and find more serious topic to read.

Next timei'm continuing the thread as i planned,
Don't care if you write 10 more pages of accusations,
i will deal with it after i post the rest of what i wanted to.

Sorry - now i wasted all my time on this,
no time left to reply to others or post anything.
(If there is any interest at all ..)

Fantastic obstruction technique - i'm impressed.
Yeah - go warn others of this thread.
You made it what it is.
I wanted it to be very different.

One more time :
I shouldn't be defending me or my skills this much - i am not presenting CLAIM OF EVIDENCE here.
This much drill should be applied if i claim evidence - which i'm not.
I am claiming that i see something strange and want to point it out for whoever is interested,.
That's all.
So enhance it yourself if you want - with number of pixels that you want - i don't care.
And it's also not ONLY about birds or orbs - as i mention on page one,
there is more going on and now i found something to compare it to.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

...repeated structures appear in zoomed in images

They appear in not-zoomed-in UFO images too.
The same shape - different size, as i plan to show later.

That's why i felt so free to zoom in - on the same thing that looks the same when it's bigger in size.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

In the very first photo you drew some heads onto you can simply look in the lower right corner and see the same head figure sequence appear, however, you did not highlight it there, why?

not sure which one? one on a cliff? what page is that?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Krokodil
Especially because today i wanted to post something else that will help me explain what i mean, in the following days.
But NOO - there is almost a page of allegations, that i must address at least partially..

You can always ignore them.

Sorry - now i wasted all my time on this,
no time left to reply to others or post anything.
(If there is any interest at all ..)

That's why, sometimes, ignoring posts that do not help the thread is the best way of keeping the thread moving.
And I'm sure that there are people interested, as many people never post on threads in which they are interested.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Krokodil

I have to say it's a nice clip and thanks for posting it, I do not think those are orbs. I guess if those seagulls have flown in from Fukushima and we see them doing what seagulls seem to do best, and that is pooping, then I guess that explains the glow effect. so my belief is that these are Fukushima Seagulls...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Your claiming this.

I did not present this as evidence, that is not what i claim.
But the reactions are as if i said this is THE evidence.

Lets have a look from your OP.

Atfer watching the second time,
i noticed an orb - flying out of the small cave opening on the side of the cliff,
just moments before the cliff fell down.
It flew out and upwards, then to the right.
It cought my attention because it didn't fly in a bird motion,
it was similar to the way orbs move, from what i've seen in other orb videos.

Then, towards the end of the footage, as the screen is filled with smoke,
you can see another orb appearing at the bottom of the screen,
which then moves to the left, then suddenly disappears (into the smoke or..?)

I triple checked if it's a bird, then took some screenshots.
I enhanced them in photoshop, and it doesn't seem like bird at all.

In fact, as i watched the video and my enhancements again,
noticed there's something strange with the whole cliffside.
It looks infested with weird things.

Well you seem to have already decided it was not birds before anyone has a chance to reply.
You claim you are not trying to prove what you say but again lets look at what you say in one of your first replies.

All i can tell you is - look closer.
Didn't seem like birds to me AT ALL.

Then on another post

I guess i'll have to find much higher resolution video, too see without doubt, what's there.
But those are not the wings flapping, i enlarged everything in photoshop.
It does not look like a bird.
There is movement alright, but not wings that flap,
More like stuff coming in and out of the orb.
Hope someone finds a better resolution and show me it's a bird.
In that case i will agree that i was wrong and it's a bird. No problem.

I have to have a chuckle at the last couple of lines.
Then we have this doozy from you.

Fine.Mock it off while you can.
See ya when i'm finally able to post pictures.
We'll see who gets the last laugh.

Everyone can see at that point YOU have made your mind up there are no BIRD's in the video although everyone else can see them and the wings FLAPPING. You claim when you enlarge them that they dont look like BIRD's well of course they don't can YOU not understand that on that low res video they are only a few pixels across YOU cant and nobody else can use that level of enlargement to see more detail.

You say you are using photoshop what version your equipment is VERY old so is it a very old version?

People have shown you what you are seeing because of low res video you wont listen look how many posts say BIRD's again you wont listen.

YOU have already decided from the START what you think.

The title of this thread should have been

Normandie Cliff Collapses, Orbs Fly Out!!! I don't care what you show me I am right don't argue because any EVIDENCE or KNOWLEDGE you have will be ignored by me!!!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

wmd_2008
You say you are using photoshop what version your equipment is VERY old so is it a very old version?

That's irrelevant, even the first version of Photoshop was able to change brightness, contrast and levels.
Also, having an old monitor doesn't mean he has an old computer, at work I kept using the same Nokia monitor as long as it worked, as the colours were better than those of all the LCDs I have ever used.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

wmd_2008

That's irrelevant, even the first version of Photoshop was able to change brightness, contrast and levels.
Also, having an old monitor doesn't mean he has an old computer, at work I kept using the same Nokia monitor as long as it worked, as the colours were better than those of all the LCDs I have ever used.

I DO know that! I was genuinely curious to what version he had even I don't have Photoshop

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
From these 3 stills

(and other too, but didn't want to post them all, they all look similar.
Just wanted to show the whole scene....
If someone needs all of them i can post all).

I made following images:

These are video stills that i arranged in a sequence,
I am asking you to take a closer look at that.
These are untouched by me, enhance it as you wish.
But what it shows could be very interesting.

This came out through the smoke, visible just for few seconds,
It is enveloped with dirt and dark smoke, making it easy to miss.
I noticed it just a few days ago...

But, with the quality i can get,
this still looks like a massive disc like object that is spinning.
There are maybe even more of them, close to each other.
They go with the flow of smoke, being ejected out for a second,
then come right back in, becoming barely visible.

This all happens between 0.27 and 0.31, then the camera starts to point away.
You have to go frame by frame, if you want to follow object's path from the beginning.

As the smoke from the falling cliff approaches,
watch the very bottom of smoke mass, at the ground level.
You can see the dark layer and spots which are all the dirt that is about to burst from underneath.

As it is about to burst out, watch the bottom right side of the smoke cloud.
Together with all the dirt,
this dark object bursts out still in horizontal position,
then quickly tilts, rotating all the time, then slowly goes back in the smoke.
All happening very fast.

And in this last image of the sequence, while back in the smokescreen,
the shadows of the object are still observable.

If i find some time, i will try to make a longer sequence of the whole travel path of the object..

Maybe it's just oddly shaped rotating dirt - i am NOT CLAIMING ANY EVIDENCE here.
I don't have access to higher resolution.
Or - it could be genuine african elephant
who wanted to stay hidden - but too much smoke revealed it?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

What bursts out what you said dirt,dust and rocks nothing else, this was taken with a camera phone or a low re video camera not some HD high speed bit of camera tech.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
To wmd2008
I use Photoshop 7.

All the qoutes you posted never say this is any evidence.
In them, i'm expressing my belief in what i do believe i see.

Still have the natural given right to express my opinion, use my mind, my eyes,
Please stop poking my brain. It's a weird sensation.

The main mistake i made, which enabled you to show off the worst in you,
is the thread title.
In the rush to make my first thread, and in the lack of experience here,
i used orbs in title, which gave you all the reasons you need to go bezerk.

But as i also mentioned in the beginning,
there is more happening here, then just BRORBS (as someone called it here)
So the thread title should have been maybe
"Possible Multiple Strange Events In Normandie Cliff Collapse"?
More apropriate that would be.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Another set of stills that i'm presenting shows something
that also attracted my attention early.
Those large dark elipses or discs, that appear scattered throughout the smoke screen.
In fact don't look only at elipses.
As you can see, each one has protrusions coming out around it.

Here is the original still (they appear in many stills) in witch they are clearly visible
without enhancing.

To point exactly what area i mean i added some brightness:

Britness version outlined

Some contrast to see protrusions better:

Contrast version outlined.

(I could have outlined it in the original still, but it was simply easier and faster for me like this.
If you copy paste the outline to the original it matches.)

About protrusions:
They are also a part of elipses, and the reason i didn't outline those is not enough definition to them.
It seems they are not uniform in shape.Some are longer, i think.
Some have a sickle shape, other don't.
But they are all attached to that elipse or disc and curving, or slanting upwards.

The way i see it.:
Those elipses i outlined, are just the bottom part of larger structure
True outline would have to be up around the top of the protrusions.
The whole thing is barely visible, but not completely invisible.

All this you can watch in the original video as they move around, float closer or away, all around the smoke.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
That's dust, not smoke.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

All you are doing yet again is making bad video quality more obvious!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join