It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you, Senator Saxby Chambliss, for protecting me from Edward Snowdin!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I hope this is the right sub-forum to post this in. Three days ago, I got a response from Senator Saxby Chambliss in my e-mail, regarding Edward Snowden and NSA whistle blowing.

I don't specifically recall making any inquiry to his office, although I do remember , somewhat, perhaps clicking on a petition, or one of those things such as "If you feel this way, click here to send this pre-written message to your Senator".

Anyway, I thought the reply was just so unbelievable, that I HAD to share it on here. I thought this was maybe a joke, or a forgery, but alas, the e-mail is not.

I'd love to here what you guys think:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Senator Saxby Chambliss

Jul 24 (3 days ago)

Dear Mr. ******,

Thank you for contacting me about the recent disclosure of classified information related to the National Security Agency (NSA). I appreciate your concern on this important issue.

In approximately June 2013, former NSA contractor Edward Snowden leaked classified information related to NSA's activities to the media. The characterization of this information by Mr. Snowden and the media has in many cases been inaccurate. Unfortunately, these disclosures have already damaged our national security. We now know that because of these unauthorized disclosures, terrorists have learned more about how we gather information on them and are taking different tactics to thwart detection.

Ensuring security must be consistent with respect for the constitutional rights of all Americans, and there is strong oversight of these programs by all three branches of government. Congress has worked closely with the Executive branch over two administrations to ensure that these activities fully comply with the law, and we will continue to do so. These programs are also carefully reviewed by the Judicial branch on a regular basis.

As Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, I will continue to engage in vigorous oversight of our intelligence activities to balance national security priorities with individual rights. Ultimately, the threat from terrorism remains very real and these lawful intelligence activities, which we know have prevented over 50 terrorist attacks since 9/11, must continue. As the Committee and the Senate consider legislation relating to our intelligence collection activities, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

If you would like to receive timely email alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov. Please let me know whenever I may be of assistance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
1. "The characterization of this information by Mr. Snowden and the media has in many cases been inaccurate"

Exactly what was inaccurate?

2. "Unfortunately, these disclosures have already damaged our national security."

Really, Mr. Chambliss? Care to give me ONE example?

3. "We now know that because of these unauthorized disclosures, terrorists have learned more about how we gather information on them and are taking different tactics to thwart detection."

Terrorists, Mr. Chambliss? Are you saying Snowden somehow revealed something, regarding DOMESTIC spying activities, that will somehow give terrorists an increase in ability to perform terroristic attacks?
What exactly did the terrorists not know, that they know now, Mr. Clambliss?

4. "Congress has worked closely with the Executive branch over two administrations to ensure that these activities fully comply with the law, and we will continue to do so."

Yes, Mr. Chambliss, I have no doubt that whatever laws need to be passed, in order to allow our ever-expanding government to strip away whatever stands in the way between their agenda, and people's rights, will be passed swiftly. Thank heavens for the Patriot Act!
edit on 7/27/2013 by supermarket2012 because: Added quotations to the parts I responded to, so as to avoid confusion.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

The three words to focus on

Ultimately

must continue

As far as terrorist, they already knew the US was trying to monitor their every move by any means possible. Just a big game of Spy vs Spy. They spy on their targets and the US spies on what they are targeting.

Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

The three words to focus on

Ultimately

must continue

As far as terrorist, they already knew the US was trying to monitor their every move by any means possible. Just a big game of Spy vs Spy. They spy on their targets and the US spies on what they are targeting.

Peace

It is SO frightening how in the name of fighting Drugs, or Terrorists, or whatever boogeyman is coined next, all branches of our government has been granted access to do things they normally wouldn't have been allowed to do. It is shameful to see men in office use excuses such as terrorists as a means of taking away the liberties and freedoms we as Americans have been force fed to believe we had inherited.

It is a great deception, and a tragedy at that.

The e-mail response I got was literally sickening.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

i don't now whether to laugh
or yell

never mind..

my bloods boiling..

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Whether Snowden is for real, or just a CIA plant at disinfo = The media and the"gov't" seem to get it completely wrong about how the ordinary citizen feels about these "revelations" - and I use the term loosely, because anyone in the US who didn't think the gov't was recording everything they said and typed on the internet, or phone lines - MY GOD! - We know they watch us from the cable boxes -

Doesn't seem to catch any sexual pedophiles - but anyway -

The citizenry is happy about any whistleblowers on the corrupt gov't - The media and gov't seem to not understand this - or they are just trying to get more names of "anti=gov't" people on their list.

Because Snowden has not - and probably will not - tell the US citizen anything that we haven't already figured out - I'm thinking he's just a shill.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by supermarket2012

3. "We now know that because of these unauthorized disclosures, terrorists have learned more about how we gather information on them and are taking different tactics to thwart detection."

Well, one thing is for sure...

Those nasty terrorists can no longer hide abroad, masquerading as your average law-abiding German citizen, working in any technological field Germany is excelling in (and as everyone knows, there were BILLIONS of terrorists hiding like that, disguised as your allies!)...
edit on 28-7-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
you will find that anytime you email our legislature, you will, if given a reply, will receive a canned response used by almost every one of them. they don't read anything we send them, they have people and machines to handle that, but the irony is that they are supposed to be listening, we hired them to do one thing, listen to what the people want and take that to the floor, they do neither more often then not.

our legislature may as well be bots, working on someone elses business, but now ours.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

OP? If we don't let government take away all our freedoms and put us in a perpetual police-state, then the terrorists have won.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

OP? If we don't let government take away all our freedoms and put us in a perpetual police-state, then the terrorists have won.

Good response.

You know what? I agree with many that freedom and liberties DO COME AT A PRICE. However, that "price" we speak of, should NEVER be a loss of the very things we cherish. Instead, that price should be the random terrorist attacks, and all bad things that come with DEFENDING AND PROTECTING our freedoms.

What I mean is, you can't DEFEND freedom by taking it away. That doesnt make ANY sense...and yet that is what the politicians are doing.

The REAL price of freedom, is all the bad things that happen along the way, as you REFUSE to give up your freedoms. It is the COMPLETE opposite of what the USA is doing.

Their ideology: To defend freedom, we must give up freedom!

My ideology: To practice TRUE freedom, we must actually practice FREEDOM, regardless of the "cost".

Of course, we know that there is a LOT more to why they are taking our freedoms away.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Snowden didn't tell us anything we didn't already know...all our conspiracy theories are being validated these days. Wear you tin foil hat with pride my sisters and brothers. Dillanger is still alive and Elvis never left the building.
PEACE.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Good response.

You know what? I agree with many that freedom and liberties DO COME AT A PRICE. However, that "price" we speak of, should NEVER be a loss of the very things we cherish. Instead, that price should be the random terrorist attacks, and all bad things that come with DEFENDING AND PROTECTING our freedoms.

What I mean is, you can't DEFEND freedom by taking it away. That doesnt make ANY sense...and yet that is what the politicians are doing.

The REAL price of freedom, is all the bad things that happen along the way, as you REFUSE to give up your freedoms. It is the COMPLETE opposite of what the USA is doing.

My ideology: To practice TRUE freedom, we must actually practice FREEDOM, regardless of the "cost".

Of course, we know that there is a LOT more to why they are taking our freedoms away.

Thank you for this post. "You cannot defend freedom by taking it away". That should be the new mantra. So simple, so precise, so profound. It's my new signature. Hope you don't mind. Star for you

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I am sick to death of listening to all this bs. Every one of these snakes has to mention 911 as some kind of excuse to justify their actions. Even here in the UK we have the same bs being spewed by the govt and police ect. Sorry for ranting but I just cant help it. As I said I am sick to death of hearing about it. Its like a get out of jail card for these lying two faced forked tongued political twats.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Why are you worried? He is "...going to keep your thoughts in mind." What a great guy.

I hear Snowden has demonic powers and doesn't brush his teeth. We need Captain Chambliss, cape fluttering in the breeze against the sunset, standing guard for us lowly untermensch.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff

Good response.

Thank you for this post. "You cannot defend freedom by taking it away". That should be the new mantra. So simple, so precise, so profound. It's my new signature. Hope you don't mind. Star for you

Wow, I'm truly flattered,
. Isn't it curious though, how sometimes the greatest truths are also the simplest ones?

I'm glad others see how ridiculous the seemingly automated, thoughtless, and downright EVIL response I got back from my Senator's office is.

top topics

join