It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evening beer and shots--> saddle on up to the bar []

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

A single malt, one ice cube.

A cigarette (outside) and a final end to a busy week.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Expat888
Its only 13:00 here .. timezones meh ... but as its happy hour somewhere in the world .. think break out bottle of shochu ...

Dude...

If you mean SOJU as in Korea....I hear ya LOUD and clear. Been away 4 yrs and still recovering .

8 yrs in the place my friend.

Peace

Shochu is the Japanese version... had a soju moment or two in Korea myself...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Mmmmmm single malt... got a very nice bottle of Glen Fiddich 18 Reserve for my retirement... soooooo smoooth

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150

Its only 13:00 here .. timezones meh ... but as its happy hour somewhere in the world .. think break out bottle of shochu ...

Dude...

If you mean SOJU as in Korea....I hear ya LOUD and clear. Been away 4 yrs and still recovering .

Peace

Shochu is the Japanese version... had a soju moment or two in Korea myself...

Oh I know the Japanese version, the Vietnam, The Chinese, The Thai, The Taiwan, The....????

Thought it was my fav...SOJU!

Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You have to respect any liquor that you can buy in a 2 liter plastic bottle
for like 3 bucks

I think the only thing cheaper is Tanduay in the Philippines... 75 peso ('bout $1.70) for a fifth

edit on 27-7-2013 by madmac5150 because: Can't sleep, the clowns will eat me

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Dude...

Peace

I'm boiling up a pot of ramen and the kimchi's already on the table.
No kidding. It's my favorite late night snack.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Dude...

Peace

My Kimchi is better...

My Korean wife makes it.
And we sell it as well.

Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

You have to respect any liquor that you can buy in a 2 liter plastic bottle

Best cheap Liquor ever is Tito's Vodka.
Beats out nearly every vodka on taste and drinkability.
Brown paper wrapper label and a cheesy gold colored plastic lid but the liquor is top drawer.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Dude...

Peace

Now that is good eating

Have a good friend in AZ, his wife is Korean and makes the best cucumber kimchi... with some bulgogi and soju... now we are talkin

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Dude...

Peace

My Kimchi is better...

My Korean wife makes it.
And we sell it as well.

Peace

I make my own kimchi.
I like the hot winter kimchi but no oysters or shrimp in it.
It's hard to find indian mustard which I really like in my favorite recipe.

I can't find good kimchi without driving down to Houston and that's a long round trip.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I haven't had real shochu since 2003... have one for me
I just picked up few bottles in kyoto earlier this week .. will have a few for you ..

just saw a thread on trolling the nsa .. think have bit of entertainment at the spooks expense and send a few drunken emails ..

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I haven't had real shochu since 2003... have one for me
I just picked up few bottles in kyoto earlier this week .. will have a few for you ..

just saw a thread on trolling the nsa .. think have bit of entertainment at the spooks expense and send a few drunken emails ..

Now THAT is exactly what I had in mind when I started this thread... inspiration for excellence

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Dude...

Peace
shochu is japanese drink ... soju is korea drink .. both good . picked up few bottles shochu in kyoto earlier this week .

Gambei ..

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
My room mate in Korea was what you would call a "soju whore"... I used to get in late from work and find him passed out in the bathtub, on the toilet, asleep on the kitchen floor... he destroyed his liver so bad that he had to quit drinking with 6 months left on his tour...

I worked in command/control at the time, so I got to hear all of the other soju stories as well... even better if the soju soaked idiot was someone that I knew...

I miss Korea...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

i just had soju for the first time, my old lady brought some over the other night, she was missing korea so i decided to make her some ramen and get drunk on soju with her. It was disgusting but its packed a punch and did the job quickly.

but like 9\11......

NEVER AGAIN

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I worked in command/control at the time, so I got to hear all of the other soju stories as well... even better if the soju soaked idiot was someone that I knew...

I miss Korea...

I was between Hovey and Warrior Base for a year and a half. Got two tours on the DMZ and saw the other side of that MDL sign twice.

I do miss it sometimes.
Mostly stuck to OB but hit the soju once in a while.
My roommate was a Korean national who became a US citizen and then joined the Army and went back to Korea.
I spent most of a year hanging with him and his family before he went back to the states.
It was more fun on the local economy than on base..

Remember ration cards?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

awhile back the old lady went to vist korea and she brought back some kimchi with her, i grilled it up, and put it on a burger and threw chedder jack cheese over it best dam burger ive had in a while........ American/Asian Fusion.....Ha sounds like somthing me and the girlfriend do when the lights go off

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I was at Osan... did my tour 2002-2003. My commander tried to get me to extend for another year, but my wife at the time was also active duty and we had kids... otherwise I would have stayed. I loved my job over there, even though I put in 12-14 hours a day...

And, the Korean people are nothing but fantastic... I felt at home everywhere I went... the food is amazing, the scenery breathtaking... wonderful experience

The best "drinking" assignment was definitely Germany... oh, the memories... and a few nights I don't remember all that well...
edit on 28-7-2013 by madmac5150 because: Jose Cuervo is NOT a nice man... I must write this 100 times...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I don't remember this at the Ace Club......
But it brings back memories.

Remember back when you had to be an adult to watch this stuff?
Now you have to be a kid.
edit on 28-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

The best "drinking" assignment was definitely Germany... oh, the memories... and a few nights I don't remember all that well...
edit on 28-7-2013 by madmac5150 because: Jose Cuervo is NOT a nice man... I must write this 100 times...

BITBURG!!!!!
Ein Stubbe bitte!

Korea 88-89

Germany Just 91
edit on 28-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join