It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite hacker Barnaby Jack found dead:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
An elite hacker who was due to demonstrate how heart implants could be hacked has died unexpectedly in San Francisco.

Barnaby Jack died on Thursday, the city's medical examiner's office told Reuters, but did not give more details. He had been due to give a presentation into medical device vulnerabilities at the Black Hat security conference in Las Vegas taking place next week. He had said one technique could kill a man from 30 feet (nine metres)

Mr Jack became one of the most famous hackers on the planet after a 2010 demonstration in which he hacked a cashpoint, making it give out money. The technique was dubbed "Jackpotting".

No more details regarding cause of death as yet, but the guy was only 35, potential bump off? Had he discovered something he shouldn't?

m.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I was just getting ready to post this and saw your thread

He had figured out how to hack pacemakers and remotely give people heart attacks from 30 feet away

Programmer Barnaby Jack dies a week before showing off heart-attack hack that can kill a man from 30 feet away

www.rawstory.com...

I think the ptb did not want this getting out.

Well-known hacker Barnaby Jack has died in San Francisco, a week before he was due to show off techniques for attacking implanted heart devices that he said could kill a man from 30 feet away.

The San Francisco Medical Examiner’s office said he died in the city on Thursday. It gave no details.

Jack, a security expert, became one of the most famous hackers on the planet after a 2010 demonstration in which he forced ATMs to spit out cash, dubbed jackpotting

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Maybe TPTB didn't want HAARP upstaged?

I bet the Alpha-Bits cleaned out his computers for such "valuable" information...

Make sure none of your loved ones with pacemakers get on the bad side of the government.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I can recall someone was claiming that there is a weapon that could kill people trough walls.
This guy said that the weapon shoots sounds waves, some sort sonar technology and untraceable with any medical autopsy,he also claimed technology of the same caliber can be adjusted to certain sound vibrations and can be used to tap people in there homes. With given thought to the man who said this, i am guessing this could be possible duo the human reaction on vibrations.

I am not saying this is true, but i am open minded enough to give this a possibility.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I suppose one benefit would be you could press ctrl alt delete if someones heart stopped.

instant restart.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I was watching fox news this morning where did an expose on how with a $3000 device, a laptop, and a cellphone(maybe a sat phone?) a hacker could hijack airliners, cruise ships, and basically anything gps enabled. They demonstrated, omitting key details of course. Anyone with the resources and desire to do something like I'm sure wouldn't have any trouble figuring it out.

The question is, Will someone take out fox news, under mysterious circumstances, for revealing this?

Doesn't seem all too sinister to me. People get whacked for what they know, not especially for what they say. The fear of what they might say gets people killed under mysterious circumstances as well.

Everything controlled by a computer program is subject to hack. Even for the smartest people out there, there will always be someone smarter.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207No more details regarding cause of death as yet, but the guy was only 35, potential bump off? Had he discovered something he shouldn't?
m.bbc.co.uk...

We won't know until we get another Assange or Snowden.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dfensThe question is, Will someone take out fox news, under mysterious circumstances, for revealing this?

No because Fox News like the rest of the MSM is "Owned".

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dfens

Not too sinister unless tey do it to steer a plane into a mountain (sound familiar) in order to kill a politician and kill others as well. That or create an international event and show the flight recorders saying we weren't in the other countries airspace. Lots of possibilities here. All of them pretty sinister.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Of course there are elements within the US government that are capable of doing this. But I am having a difficult time coming up with reasons for why they would want to kill him. Maybe it was a natural death, but I mean come on...Isn't it suspicious that so many people who are connected to various important events always seem to die suddenly and prematurely? He may have been involved in other aspects of hacking as well, and it would not surprise me if he had some connection to the government or some other organization that plays with the power players. The government always needs people like that, especially to do things they cannot be caught doing, although that is becoming less and less of a problem for them, as it is beginning to not really matter what ills the government does. It's like they have gotten so brazen that they just don't care if the public knows.

Anyway, I am getting sidetracked. What if, and this is a big if, the technology that he was going to demonstrate is in some way connected to a technology that the government uses clandestinely? I am quite sure they would not want people to find out, even just the basic workings, of such technology, because then it will begin to be developed further by someone, somewhere, which could eventually lead to the level of advancement the government has reached.

And we all should know, as this is a proven fact, that the government/military conducts ALL kinds of technological research into things that can kill people, among other things. This is all that DARPA does. And the things they develop are uber-top-secret. Some of the stuff they develop are the types of things that someone would be killed over. Not necessarily connected to this case, but I'm just saying...That is the reality. They work on everything, if it has to do with warfare. And even stuff that a normal person wouldn't think would have anything to do with war or killing, but just science and technology, is developed...Because there are things that can be weaponized, or used in weapons systems, that just blow the mind.

And I have long thought that agencies like this would have been working on ways of killing people using undetectable methods, such as some type of high-frequency waves. They said their mind control program was terminated a long time ago, which may or may not be true, but I would bet now that they focus on ways to scramble or fry a person's brain from a distance, which is somewhat similar to the technology mentioned in the article. But I actually don't know what this guy was going to show to the public.

But if it was something that the government is involved in, they could have had a hand in his death. No facts at this point, but plenty of possibility, and possibly motive as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

the gov't wants to kill anyone smarter than they are - and they've got a looonnnngggg list. About two thirds of the population?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Could be a simple case of the Government wanting his knowledge on the subject so they killed him raided his computer, before he showed the world

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

It's not just pacemakers that can be hacked via the monitoring and remote control facilities built into the devices, but also Insulin pumps that can be made to deliver too much or too little of the drug, artificial heart valves that have the remote monitoring and control hardware can be made to stop opening the valves, or open and close at the wrong time, brain implants that control artificial limbs can be hacked and controlled remotely, Cochlear implants for the deaf can be made to 'hear' what the hacker sends remotely, as can vision implants for the blind be made to 'see' what the hacker sends to the device.

It's a scary prospect, especially with the seemingly increasing drive towards a transhuman / cyborg based society, (in addition to the above mentioned devices, brain chip implants for a 'mental communications based infrastructure' etc) that will be here and will become the norm, sooner or later...probably much sooner than we care to admit actually.

And let's not forget the remote controlled and weaponised drones flying around above our heads..if they are hacked anything is possible.

Drone security? It still hasn't been explained how Iran managed to down that drone flying over their land, and downed it completely intact...so, if nothing else, it shows with the right hardware, software and hacking talent..these drones are vulnerable to outside influence and could in theory at least, result in the entire fleet of armed domestically operated / or war theatre drones becoming enemy assets.

edit on 28-7-2013 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by dfens

Not too sinister unless tey do it to steer a plane into a mountain (sound familiar) in order to kill a politician and kill others as well. That or create an international event and show the flight recorders saying we weren't in the other countries airspace. Lots of possibilities here. All of them pretty sinister.

Mr Jack either didn't know, how control systems on modern airliners works, or he knew, and had his reasons to lie about it.
His claims of hijacking airliners through ACARS and the Flight Management computers have been thoroughly discussed by the aviation industry, and the conclusion is that it is impossible. (I could have told them that)

But of course spooky news sell papers, true or not.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ivar_Karlsen

reply to post by dfens

Mr Jack either didn't know, how control systems on modern airliners works, or he knew, and had his reasons to lie about it.
His claims of hijacking airliners through ACARS and the Flight Management computers have been thoroughly discussed by the aviation industry, and the conclusion is that it is impossible. (I could have told them that)

you may want to re-read the posts in question....

fox news made the claims about the airliner thing, not this hacker fellow..

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ivar_Karlsen

reply to post by dfens

News sells best when theres fear, evil or sex involved. If what you say is true, I feel better now, thanks.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Couldn't care less.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I think teaching other people who to cause pace makers to induce heart attacks isn't something the government would want known, especially if they intend of using the technology. I'm sure there will be a lame cause of death announces and people will forget. Fox news gives people enough to make them think they are educated on a subject, or just enough to induce fear of hackers and so on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join