It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My town sprayed for Mosquitos last night, woke up today sick as a dog. 2nd year in a row!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Is there anything I can do about this??? I want to literally bash my truck into that Mosquito truck next time I see it. They sprayed last night and immediately I closed all windows to my Apartment.

Woke up today with the following symptoms:
Back pain, tired, itchy throat, trouble breathing and lung pain, irritated at every little thing, loss of energy, chest pains, head ache basically sick as a dog. SAME AS LAST YEAR!!!!

I'm taking additional Vit C, Lipo-C, amino's, and a chelator(activated charcoal)

Do I have a case here? Can I sue these bastards for making me sick? The same exact thing happened to me last year and I can't take it anymore.

Spraying poisons over everyone in the neighborhood. HOW THE HELL IS THIS EVEN LEGAL????

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Just a coincidence...nothing to see here...move along

Ya it seems you've probably had a "side affect" reaction here.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

If you can prove you got sick from them spraying, yes you might have a case....

The second note to this is.....Good luck proving that

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Most "spraying" is done with very low toxicity pesticides. How do you know that is what made you sick? And are you even aware of which kind they are using? Without know things like that, I don't see how you could come to that conclusion.

Nicotine 53 3.6
Rotenone 132 8.9
Diazinon 150 - 220 10.2 - 14.9
Caffeine 192 13
Acetaminophen (Tylenol®) 338 23
Aspirin 1240 84
Ibuprofen (Advil®) 1255 85
Malathion 1375/5500 93.5/374
Pyrethrin 1500 102
Resmethrin 2700/4250 183/289
Table Salt 3320/4000 225/272
*****1Sumithrin >5000 340
Glyphosate (Round-Up® herbicide) 4320/5000 293/340
*****1Piperonyl butoxide 6150/7500 418/510
*****1Bti 30,000 2,040
*****1Methoprene 34,600 2,352

Note the ones with the asterisks are the ones commonly used for mosquito control, and they are on the bottom of the toxicity list.

www.cmmcp.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Most "spraying" is done with very low toxicity pesticides. How do you know that is what made you sick? And are you even aware of which kind they are using? Without know things like that, I don't see how you could come to that conclusion.

Cause I know my body and the same thing happened last year the day after they sprayed, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Plus I just did some more research in the mean time. Here's the Mosquito Abatement companies page and what they use:
Adulticiding Abatement Chemcical Use:

What insecticide is sprayed at night by the Northwest Mosquito Abatement District trucks? Anvil 10 + 10, Zenivex E20

So I jumped on the Anvil 10+10 Site to look at the MSDS and found this:

Short-term exposures to very high levels of pyrethroid pesticides similar to sumithrin can affect the nervous system, causing such effects as loss of coordination, tremors or tingling and numbness in areas of skin contact. Short-term exposure to high levels of petroleum solvents can cause irritation of the eye, skin, nose, throat or lung. Vomiting or central nervous system depression may occur if very high levels of petroleum solvents are ingested. There are no studies examin-ing whether the use of Anvil to control mosquitoes has caused any long-term health effects in humans.

Exactly like my symptoms. I can barely breath, lungs and chest hurt, there's some strange burning in my throat, eyes hurt, tired, headache, no energy, and my back hurts

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho, I still think I would prefer not to be sprayed with a pesticide or around my place of residence at all, regardless of the amount of toxic components.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
dbl post srry
edit on 26-7-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

So how about next year, you just go on vacation for a few days before they spray?

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one.

You will get better. You won't die. And you do not have a legal case. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Malathion is (usually) what they spray to control mosquitoes and other insects. I used to live in a town where the spray truck drove right by my house, sometimes nightly! The fact is, the spray can come through any vent in your house. I would especially consider looking on your roof and put in something in those vents that filters the chemicals in the air from getting into your home.

Look up the health risks of malathion spray. You may want to ask your city to consider reducing the spray, and cite
the health risks as the reason why. Tell them it is affecting your health.

Take magnesium and potassium every day, besides your regular multi vitamin. Make sure they are chelated forms. Look up Krebs chelate magnesium and potassium. I know you can get those as cheap as $6 a bottle. I am not a doctor, but I believe that everyone in the USA is deficient in those minerals. I'm not saying they will help with the spray, but everyone needs that.

There's another product called food-grade diatomaceous earth. It's the skeletons of diatoms, and they are very high in silica. Do some research on diatomaceous earth. I don't know if it will help with that, but if you have high blood-pressure, there are thousands of sources that say that it can lower your blood pressure and even cholesterol. Just search diatomaceous earth blood pressure, and you can find lots of medical doctors that agree about the benefits. Here's a link from an MD that talks about how it can help the circulatory system:

www.raysahelian.com...

The only thing is MAKE SURE it's food grade. Good luck to you.

edit on 7/26/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (usually)

edit on 7/26/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

So how about next year, you just go on vacation for a few days before they spray?

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one.

You will get better. You won't die. And you do not have a legal case. Sorry.

That's all a bunch of BS. I called the City and they said they're spraying for West Nile.

Dug up some research on West nile, and it usually only kills those over 65 and very few die from. Last year I think it was 1 person in my state, and the previous years was 2. There was an article about 100,000 getting infected somewhere in Hungry, and only one person died. That's a .0001% kill rate as far as odds go per 100k people

So let's POISON THE CRAP out of the masses, for the sake of 1 or possibly 2 old folks? Think about the children breathing in those poisons and playing in the grass. I'm moving out of here for sure.

reply to post by InFriNiTee

Thanks for all the sources InFriNiTee....... coincidentally, I took some activated charcoal I had laying around, and about an hour later, am almost back to normal besides some muscle stiffness and back bain ...and throat still burning......

What a bunch of punks, for real!!! There should be an all natural way to spray, say with garlic powder and citronella extract. But you know, the city is in the pockets of the "sprayers" ...its all a bunch of corrupt BS

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by boncho

Boncho, I still think I would prefer not to be sprayed with a pesticide or around my place of residence at all, regardless of the amount of toxic components.

If you drink coffee or smoke cigarettes you are choosing to directly ingest pesticides. It's all relative. Simply because you throw a skull and crossbones on something doesn't mean it's going to kill you.

And all caffeine drums are labeled with skull & crossbones that come out of China (It's considered poison there.) Yet, we pump energy drinks full of it.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I would ask your town if malathion is what they use as spray. If it is what they are using, you can be sure that it has plenty of heath risks that are well documented.

Just look up 2-4D weed spray, and all the health risks from that. They spray that in every park and school in the town I live now. It was sprayed so badly next to this middle school last year. I had a friend that lived next to the school that got very sick when they sprayed it. Other older people in that area got sick as well. You could smell the 2-4D for 3 days AFTER they sprayed it. 2-4D is well documented to be half of Agent Orange that is a well-known toxin.

The best thing would be to move out in the country if you can afford that, but make sure your at least 10 miles from the farmers that spray roundup.

It's almost impossible to avoid all the toxins these days, but the reason that I posted about the diatomaceous earth is because it is very porous, and I have read that it can take away toxins from the blood.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

Thanks for all the sources InFriNiTee....... coincidentally, I took some activated charcoal I had laying around, and about an hour later, am almost back to normal besides some muscle stiffness and back bain ...and throat still burning......

What a bunch of punks, for real!!! There should be an all natural way to spray, say with garlic powder and citronella extract. But you know, the city is in the pockets of the "sprayers" ...its all a bunch of corrupt BS

The throat burning pain is a dead giveaway that they are spraying malathion. Get some of those really good 3M respiratory masks, and go out and ask the guy that's spraying the stuff (if you can catch him). I'm sure it's malathion at this point. Print out some of the health risks from a medical doctor and turn it in to whoever is in charge of the parks and recreation in your town.

Type up a business formatted letter requesting the city and the parks and recreation department to reduce the spray. Also, include the printed health risks from an MD. Get it notarized at your bank, and mail it to the city and the parks and recreation via certified mail. At that point if they don't reduce the spray, I'm sure you could make it a legal matter with the city, but it might be hard to find an attorney that would represent you on contingency in your own town.

You might have to travel out of your county to find an attorney, so you might want to make some phone calls. These things can be dealt with, but it does take some effort. Best wishes to you, and I agree that the charcoal can help, but it's more expensive.

new topics

top topics

join