It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain Levies Consumption Tax on Sunlight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Proving that idiocy truly has no bounds, Spain issued a "royal decree" taxing sunlight gatherers. The state threatens fines as much as 30 million euros for those who illegally gather sunlight without paying a tax.

The tax is just enough to make sure that homeowners cannot gather and store solar energy cheaper than state-sponsored providers.

Source

So it seems that finally the lunatics have taken full control of the madhouse.

If you get caught collecting photons of sunlight for your own use, you can be fined as much as 30 million euros.

If you were thinking the best energy option was to buy some solar panels that were down 80% in price, you can forget about it.

Now it is fair to point out that this is only draft legislation at present, but don't bet that if won't be put into practice. It is in the EU after all. My only thought on that is the EU actually might not be too pleased since it defeats their green power drive to an extent, although of course you must also remember that Spain is the country where the suppliers of solar generated electricity were charging for power generated during the night!

Back in 2010 I created a spoof thread about a tax on breathing out carbon dioxide but with legislation like this proposed solar tax about to happen, could it be extended to sunbathing since that might make you healthier and divest Big Pharma of some profits, and thence to breathing CO2. Who knows, but this is the EU and here anything can happen.

Within the article is a reference to this wonderful petition by French candle makers to restrict daylight.

A PETITION From the Manufacturers of Candles, Tapers, Lanterns, sticks, Street Lamps, Snuffers, and Extinguishers, and from Producers of Tallow, Oil, Resin, Alcohol, and Generally of Everything Connected with Lighting.

I would like to think that this draft legislation will be defeated, but .............

The Secretary of State for Energy, Alberto Nadal, signed a draft royal decree in which consumption taxes are levied on those who want to start solar power systems on their rooftops.

I don't know if a draft Royal Decree means it is a done deal.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm sickened and outraged. Lets not make things affordable for people. Lets not try and save the planet and keep her clean. Lets just tax the hell out of everything and everyone.

While your at it....how about an O2 consumption tax....since all of the deforestation means less to go around.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well, it was only a matter of time. Nations have been seizing the land saying it is theirs when in essence it belongs to nobody. Now if the sun hits your house and you collect the rays with technology you payed for they want you to pay them also. No human owns the earth we live on, it belongs to all beings that live on it, no matter how small they are.. Nobody owns the sun or moon or other planets either. I do not really own my land and neither does the government. The Indians understood this well, as do many of the ancient people, but they did not have the strength to fight of the power hungry people. This still seems evident today.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I love the people who come up with this garbage and believe it's necessary.
They continually prove to me that idiots/morons maintain and run this world.

Just like taxes on water, wind and land, people will fall for the rhetoric.
They will pass down the information to their offspring, indoctrinating them.
Time will go on and people will believe it's "necessary".
Only to be woken up years later...when it's too late.

Let's hope this never comes to pass...
Poor Spanish.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well with Spain's financial issues, its not really a surprise they want to squeeze their people for every penny they got. Last i read they were over %50 unemployment.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Saving the planet? Things like Carbon credits were never about saving the planet, only about making money. Why would you allow someone to pollute if they pay for the privilege?

No, as it said this is about profit plain and simple and since Profit has usurped God for the elite, Profit is all that matters.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Why don't they just drop the pretense and get right to the heart of the matter. Decree that all paychecks and all compensation be sent to the appropriate central Government and they'll give back what they deem to be a fair allowance for the little people who just earn it.

It's just about there now with taxing in the United States on AIR and now suggested taxing in Spain on SUNLIGHT?! Hey.. when did any Government start pulling ownership of....sunlight!?
edit on 26-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hi Wrabbit

It's just about there now with taxing in the United States on AIR and....

Taxing air? Please elaborate.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Maybe you misunderstood my point! We pollute the planed every day in many ways. We chop down trees left and right for our homes heating...and to wipe our rears. It pisses me off that they are trying to tax solar power as opposed to a tree consumption tax or a garbage or refuse tax....it boggles the mind.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Silly wabbit..."They" are in control of everything....."They"....tax the land we live on and farm on fish on and hunt on.
Don't you know they can tax your urine output should someone convince them there is money to be made.

Any tax on O2, CO2, Solar...ect should go to benefit the world as a whole not one nation.

edit on 26-7-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

No I think you missed my point.
I was agreeing with you. Their "saving the planet" has nothing to do with saving the planet, only about making money.

Don't you know they can tax your urine output should someone convince them there is money to be made.

I think that they should tax urine.

(1) It can be used as a sterile wash thus depriving Big Pharma of profits
(2) If can be used as fertiliser thus depriving Big Agri of profits

On the last point there is a serious proposal to commercially harvest urine for the phosphorus content.

edit on 26/7/2013 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
How do they get the sun
to only shine on those who pay the tax?

Mike

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Why must we pay for anything on a planet that we were born on?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's illegal in any country, violates common law of slavery and thou shalt not harm, of which slavery is right up there with genocide, mass murder, Hitler. And thus don't ever obey an unlawful criminal order. Refuse to pay and stand your ground. The earth and everything here belongs to us all equally. Private property is a allowance for civilization, but sunlight or the earth's resouces, doesnt qualify as anyones individual property.
edit on 26-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Hi Wrabbit

It's just about there now with taxing in the United States on AIR and....

Taxing air? Please elaborate.

I can't answer for Wabbit but in case he doesn't come back to this thread - he may be talking about carbon emissions tax. It's the only thing I can think of.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Good point. I had not thought of that as a tax on air.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
Why must we pay for anything on a planet that we were born on?

because psychopaths *COUGHING * I mean The lords of "Sanity" claim Special Privilege
and too many stupid/fearful people humor them.

They should be Organically Recycled IMO
since they "care" so much for the environment.

but pay me no mind, as I Am quite "Mad"

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
All I can do is shake my head and thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention. My husband and his family are Spanish living currently in America and I am sure they have no clue.

Also, something to pick at husband about. Yeah it's wrong, but I take what I can get.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Why don't they just drop the pretense and get right to the heart of the matter. Decree that all paychecks and all compensation be sent to the appropriate central Government and they'll give back what they deem to be a fair allowance for the little people who just earn it.

It's just about there now with taxing in the United States on AIR and now suggested taxing in Spain on SUNLIGHT?! Hey.. when did any Government start pulling ownership of....sunlight!?
edit on 26-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

I say whichever country lands on the Sun first and sticks a flag in it can tax all they please

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

On the last point there is a serious proposal to commercially harvest urine for the phosphorus content.

edit on 26/7/2013 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

Can you source this? It just gave me an epiphany. Thank you

<<   2  3  4 >>

join