It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asylum for Snowden?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If Russia takes Snowden as a citizen could there be a American blowback effect.

What I mean is that Snowden obviously has some information that is sensitive to American "interests" could this cause a blowback to Russian and American 'alliance'?

What do 'ya think ATSers?

In other news Wednesday, NSA leaker Edward Snowden will be able to leave the transit zone of a Moscow airport after obtaining documentation allowing him to officially enter Russia.
Link
Link Two

-SAP-
edit on 25-7-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think Syria is going to cause much more harm than Snowden.

In fact I think the stronger the US chases him, the more foolish the Government looks.

Russia and China are about the only two governments that have the political power to deny the US, so his choices are pretty limited.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Well IF Russia takes Snowden thats like a big middle finger to the U.S. Would Putin do that? You better believe it.

Star.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Sadly, I look at things like this on the NWO angle, and it's no surprise that he would end up there with no adverted Russian excitement....

When things like this happen, it has me more concerned how close we are to the NWO...

Putin played games at first, then said Snowden could be granted asylum if he didn't release any more info?

Really??

Color me "off my rocker" if need be....

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
If Russia takes Snowden as a citizen could there be a American blowback effect.

What I mean is that Snowden obviously has some information that is sensitive to American "interests" could this cause a blowback to Russian and American 'alliance'?

What do 'ya think ATSers?

In other news Wednesday, NSA leaker Edward Snowden will be able to leave the transit zone of a Moscow airport after obtaining documentation allowing him to officially enter Russia.
Link
Link Two

-SAP-

Snowden should face the music here in the US. I believe he could be manipulated by interests counter to the country's. NSA can assess how much of a damage Snowden can bring. Assuming Snowden is working for the good of this "home of the brave" nation.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

You're right though, Putin did say that. My reasoning why is because he wants that info for himself and his country...

IF Putin give Snowden asylum then Russia gets all the juicy stuff... Exactly what they want. Russia has been after this for a LONG time... Now they might finally get it.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Even if Snowden was offered asylum by the Russians, would he want to take it? I'd be worried about the cost, myself. What if asylum there equals living in a government owned property (and I can't see how it wouldn't) and making yourself available to the government literally 24 hours a day, to be interviewed or else to do some IT work, whatever. I mean, it wouldn't be a life, would it? Who wants that. Snowden has ruined his life in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

That's if you look at this in a 1950's mentality... cold war Bear vs Eagle..

I look upon this as a next step towards the NWO, where the Bear vs Eagle doesn't matter...

The folks who think they run the show on all continents, used the Snowden release as a gauge to see how STUPID we are...

Unfortunately, it appears that we are ripe for the picking...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I wish Canada would. He's a hero. If I would a lottery I'd buy him a home. May more come forward.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

He was the one that requested the asylum... He knew what he was doing from day one. If he failed thats his own fault...

The original question I asked was "would this effect American-Russian" relations?

I think it would. He obviously has something they are afraid of reaching the public OR thats the cover. Either or Snowden is stuck and possibly screwed.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by Ameilia

He was the one that requested the asylum... He knew what he was doing from day one. If he failed thats his own fault...

The original question I asked was "would this effect American-Russian" relations?

I think it would. He obviously has something they are afraid of reaching the public OR thats the cover. Either or Snowden is stuck and possibly screwed.

-SAP-

I was under the impression he had got stuck in Russia when trying to travel through it. Therefore, his plan hadn't been to seek Russian asylum.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

You're right. Russia was prolly his last ditch option... Putin is considering it none the less...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
New thread for this update.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-SAP-
edit on 26-7-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join