It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 Pictures that will restore your faith in humanity.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by anon4m05

Thank you.
But a happy forum on ATS has got to be a conspiracy. Normally I am shocked at how much hate and insensitivity I come across here. I remember how much anger I would get from just a spelling error.

Smiles are rare, so thanks again.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

nice pictures.. good thing i haven't ever lost faith in humanity. we typically only focus on the bad.. that is a huge problem. Focusing on the good usually inspires you to do good.

focusing on the bad makes you paranoid, bitter, depressed and stressed.
edit on 25-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Be right back, I think I have a twig in my eye, they're all watery.

SOOOO amazing.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This made me cry. Good tears. Its easy to forget sometimes that there are really GOOD people in the world too.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I hope the MODS give you points and applauds for this thread...I loved the photos and they made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

You have no idea how much I needed this today. No words can express my gratitude. Lately I have lost all faith in humanity and when I look at my beautiful 9-month old son I feel a sense of guilt for the world he and so many other children will inherit.

I am not a religious person at all, however, I try to follow one of the main teachings of Buddhism. It's very simple. To paraphrase, "always help your fellow man, and if you cannot, at least do no harm."

Awesome post OP. Thank you again.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The one with the tiger bread:

Sainsbury's actually renamed it giraffe bread for the little girl.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I tried to feel the love and hope, I really did. Too bad I am already dead, and hollow inside... I cannot find the joy that others do from such scenes. That said I applaud the OP for their attempt at bringing some light into this world.

*To everyone else....don't be like shark_feeder, don't give up hope.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
I tried to feel the love and hope, I really did. Too bad I am already dead, and hollow inside... I cannot find the joy that others do from such scenes. That said I applaud the OP for their attempt at bringing some light into this world.

*To everyone else....don't be like shark_feeder, don't give up hope.

This does not mean you are dead and hollow in side. For example,

There is a willow tree in my yard. Years ago, it got hit by lightning. The trunk was damaged, but still pretty good.
Then some hydro guys came in, without our permission, and began attempting to cut down the tree with a chainsaw, cutting vertically into the truck where it was struck by lightning. We came outside, told them to leave, so on and so forth.

So there it sat. A big gaping hole in the trunk of this tree. Struck by lightning; mutilated. We thought that maybe it would heal over and be fine in a year or so. Well, that wasn't the case.

Gradually, the leaves began to die off from the bottom up, but they never reached the top. A fine dust accumulated at the base of the tree from some type of insect that was eating at the trunk. Yet, those insects did not make it to the top of the tree, where it was still alive, and beautiful simply because it was alive.

So away I went. Took the dead limbs off with a chainsaw, used a layer of tree sealer (akin to a rubber), and a lot of expanding foam. The tree is alive, and getting much better.

Your description of being dead and hollow reminds me of this willow tree.

I guess what I am trying to say is, you may not feel love and hope, but it certainly feels you.

edit on 26-7-2013 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I'm glad I'm not the only one to make selfless acts towards others in need...

That made me cry... S&F for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW, I'm going to email this link to my mother.
The karma I get when I see someone struggle to come up with a few bucks in line with dipairs, milk, or you know what I mean, I do it. The reward makes my heart grow to a new level of appreciation..

Just amazing, thank you again!
edit on 26-7-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
The one with the tiger bread:

Sainsbury's actually renamed it giraffe bread for the little girl.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Ha! I missed this part of the story.

From the article you gave;

Sainsbury's said that Chris King had now left the company and had returned to university to study to be a primary school teacher.

Awesome

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
To the OP, THANKS
As a 42 year old man I now I have a tear in my eye, I shall have to go do something manly to restore my gruff exterior image.

Seriously though its good to see some people doing something good for others for a change rather than doing for oneself.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Brought tears to my eyes, thank you so much for sharing. So many people are so cruel, that you forget about the good in the world. Beautiful.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by xElizabethx

Welcome to ATS
Glad to have ya.
We may not always be peaches and rainbows here but we have our moments

I agree about the forum for the good side of things and the positive side of man. I third that idea.
Thanks for that lovely read OP.
edit on 26-7-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Truly heart warming

After all the negative reports on this site, truly inspiring.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Heres another one

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
i have never lost faith in humanity, but i have been loosing faith in people faith in them selves.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thank you for this post. It is always good to see the compassionate side of our society. Too often we focus on the negative, constantly looking at train wrecks and disaster as the norm while forgetting to notice the good, compassionate, and beautiful aspects of our world. Have a great day!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Im very happy this has been well received and has made so many people feel good
If anyone else has any good news type stories, etc, please post them!!

That is incredible how those passengers actually lifted the train too.

A little while after I started this thread, I found a story about how a Canadian man went to Tim Hortins and purchased 500 coffees, to be given out for free to the next 500 people who are buying coffee. He has done this three time this week, in Edmonton, Calgary, and now Ottawa! Check it out!

Edit; That article is very short. Here is a longer one detailing all three incidences; Call it a Triple Triple

Edit again; It seems as though it is not 1 person responsible for all three events, but rather, others are buying the 500 coffees as well, seemingly inspired by his act of kindness.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Apologies for the double post, but if anyone is looking for websites which focus predominantly on good news, here are a few for you;

The Good News Network

The Daily Good

Everyday Hero

Also, while I was searching for good news-type things, I began to ask myself what it was that made something good. I am not sure I can really answer that fully. Perhaps we can have a discussion on what Good is, what it means, and where you find it

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join