It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl amuses dolphin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Did a search here. I cant believe nobody posted this. A girl doing cartwheels causes a dolphin to bust out laughing (I think). It let go a burst of its air and kept watching the girl.

edit on 7/24/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Thanks for a great video!

You know, this may sound silly...but I hadn't realized a Dolphin was able to stop dead in the water and then hold position almost as if standing on it's tail to carefully watch or examine something and figure it out. What an amazing thing to consider with the high order of intelligence they're suspected of having? I don't mean to sidetrack, but it just struck me that I'd never seen one do that before where they weren't basically treading water at the water/air line. I always just assumed treading water was what they were doing ..not literally holding position? Wow!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Thanks

Great to see the roles reversed, if only for a few seconds

Yours sincerely
father dolphin

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Thanks for a great video!

You know, this may sound silly...but I hadn't realized a Dolphin was able to stop dead in the water and then hold position almost as if standing on it's tail to carefully watch or examine something and figure it out. What an amazing thing to consider with the high order of intelligence they're suspected of having? I don't mean to sidetrack, but it just struck me that I'd never seen one do that before where they weren't basically treading water at the water/air line. I always just assumed treading water was what they were doing ..not literally holding position? Wow!

Wow, I never thought of that. Dolphins must have a ballast system that they can control and stop on a dime. Great observation.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

What a wonderful happening...the dolphin is having fun watching the girl...and the video is fun for us all.

Thank you for creating this thread...something upbeat and positive...for a change...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Isn't it weird how something so simple and sometimes obvious can strike you as so fascinating? I never really thought about them just holding still either, but again, it seems so obvious in retrospect.

I remember seeing a picture of a baby dolphin and for some reason it blew my mind because I'd never seen one or really thought about how tiny they are when born.

The adorableness!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well, I just spent a few hours learning all I ever wanted to know and far far more about these magnificent animals. If anything, I'm more sure now than I ever could have been earlier that the OP is right. It was laughing or doing a Dolphin "WTF?!?" at seeing a human doing something entirely new and different. lol...

To read about them, humans seem a source of endless amusement and interest to them. I've also discovered these are FAR more intelligent than even I'd ever suspected prior to this effort tonight. Among other things...They show Humor, demonstrate self awareness and concern of self appearance when presented with a mirror (few animals do) and they have a level of sophistication in their communication that carries well beyond what I suspected.

Heck, the could be having a re-creation of the last Presidential Debate just for pure personal amusement (and they do a lot for no other reason than that, apparently) for all we know and we don't even have they physical ability to hear the majority of their clicks, whirls and chirps, let alone have any hope of tracking to follow when the complexity of each sound it coming in fractions of a millisecond. Color me amazed. A good % of their noises run out of human hearing and even canine, by a BIG margin. Talk about a productive time of reading.

.. and THANKS for the Vid, OP. Without this thread, I wouldn't' have learned so much this evening.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I love this! I think it was laughing, it looks like a laugh, I swear I can see the dolphin actually smile, like this
before and after the bubbles. And then two other dolphins immediately came over...I totally want to go do cartwheels for dolphins now.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That could be why it let out that blast of air. To negate some buoyancy?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I thought this was great fun! The dolphin on the other side probably got a kick out of watching people do 'stupid human tricks' instead of him having to do 'stupid dolphin tricks'.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The Interesting Fact about Dolphin are:
Dolphins produce sounds much as humans do, and don't whistle as was previously thought.
All toothed whales probably communicate in a similar way, since they have anatomy comparable to that of dolphins.
The hope is humans will eventually be able to understand and possibly even communicate with dolphins.
Dolphins do not whistle, but instead "talk" to each other using a process very similar to the way that humans communicate, according to a new study.
While many dolphin calls sound like whistles, the study found the sounds are produced by tissue vibrations analogous to the operation of vocal folds by humans and many other land-based animals.
Communicating similar to the way that humans do solves what would otherwise be a major dolphin problem.

top topics

join