It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian earthworks and parallel tracks.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
tachyonmind in www.abovetopsecret.com...

i did notice those roundish rocks casting shadows.. i don't know why you think they are not.
I will give you proof why I think they are not, not just I think they are not. See this image? Now look at the parts of the rover on the right and left of the solar panel. Look at the way one of them is showing blackness in a totally opposite direction to the other. They are blacked out. This is not shadow, it is something being blacked out. In this case the AI program has made a mistake and blacked out something that does not need to be blacked out. Yet, there is the evidence that photos ARE manipulated to hide things which NASA believes we should not see.

No doubt you will convince yourself that these are shadows from the bright Martian sunlight due to the thin atmosphere? If you do, you should be ashamed for the science community since it is obvious the "shadows" are in opposite directions.

again i'm going to have to pull you up on unnecessary speculation, it's is entirely possible these tracks were made by the new rover in a deeper patch of soft land. obviously mister rover didn't get stuck, and other posters have already mentioned the perfectly reasonable explanation of "scuffing".

These images are NOT from Curiosity which is nowhere near where this rover was on Mars. If you look at the urls you will see they are from the MER mission. You really must be getting desperate.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

and if you actually read the articles you linked to you would see that it is NOT a boy-racer event like the one I posted but a one wheel event and then take a picture of the result.
Why do you insist it is a "racing" thing? A wheel (or wheels) are spun. It does not require speed to do so.

In spite of your post of a circular 'scuffing' I do not believe they would drain battery doing more than necessary.
You didn't read this, did you? Circles:

The rovers, along with the more recent arrival Curiosity, often turn in tight circles or perform unusual movements as engineers test their systems or change direction.

www.dailymail.co.uk...enis-picture-red-planet.html

I cannot imagine that NASA would do a scuffing and not properly photograph the results.
Right. But you have no problem imagining tiny tanks and warfare. And the results are photographed. You are showing us those photographs. But that is not the only means of analysis as the link I posted shows.

Phage, lets leave 'scuffing' behind as I think we all agree it is a valid scientific method used on Mars to analyse various rover characteristics and soil properties, and get on with trying to explain the earthworks which are nothing to do with rover tracks.
No "earthworks". They are rover tracks. Some the result of scuffing, some the result of maneuvering.

You have one of the most amazing cases of confirmation bias I have ever seen. Awesome, really. You don't even have to resort to overprocessing the images to see "anomalies".

edit on 7/30/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
So, all of these images I have given as 'evidence' and 'proof' are just examples where the rover itself has made these marks on the ground? Even the ones down a slope and where the rover has done what appears to be a ridiculous amount of scuffing? Even the ones where the images clearly show the rover has not been there yet (forward hazcam)?

I am sorry I have to admit that I am sceptical of all your arguments. However, we have probably gone as far as we can go.

Many people have jumped on this thread and told me I am delusional, so be it. Perhaps I am.
I just dont see it. haha (thats a joke) All I see is rocks and alien activity on Mars.

I have pointed out what I think is the evidence for everyone else to assess for themselves and maybe it is you guys who are delusional because you cannot accept what is the obvious answer to me - but anyway we have to agree to differ. Not many others have piped up to say they agree with me - which usually means on a forum that what I suggest is not what it seems to be to me. Maybe you are right after all, but nothing will convince me unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
So, all of these images I have given as 'evidence' and 'proof' are just examples where the rover itself has made these marks on the ground? Even the ones down a slope and where the rover has done what appears to be a ridiculous amount of scuffing? Even the ones where the images clearly show the rover has not been there yet (forward hazcam)?

I am sorry I have to admit that I am sceptical of all your arguments. However, we have probably gone as far as we can go.

Many people have jumped on this thread and told me I am delusional, so be it. Perhaps I am.
I just dont see it. haha (thats a joke) All I see is rocks and alien activity on Mars.

I have pointed out what I think is the evidence for everyone else to assess for themselves and maybe it is you guys who are delusional because you cannot accept what is the obvious answer to me - but anyway we have to agree to differ. Not many others have piped up to say they agree with me - which usually means on a forum that what I suggest is not what it seems to be to me. Maybe you are right after all, but nothing will convince me unfortunately.

i respect your position even though i disagree with it, and i appreciate the time you have taken to offer your views.. the only criticism i have is that you seem to have mistaken opinion for evidence, but i have found that that is par for the course here on ats =)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Perhaps Mars has intelligent rocks!

No one ever considered that did they?!

The images are interesting, but looks like rover tracks.

That second one though.... is kind of odd.

I like odd!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tachyonmind

i'm not really interested in whatever misinformation "vested interests" might be spilling, i work in a real lab with real physics that anyone can verify, including electromagnetism.. you can't fake it, science works whether you believe in it or not..

tesla was brilliant, but, as many geniuses are, he was also a nutter.. he suffered from obsessive compulsive disorder, hallucinations and visions, and extreme egotism, it's all in his autobiography.. still he did invent some amazing contraptions and it's a shame that there was a concentrated effort to discredit him, but at the end of the day, he misunderstood relativity and resonance..

if the rover tried to jump, it would only feel 38% of the gravitational pull experienced on earth, since the gravity on mars has been calculated at 3.711 m/s^2.. if a hacker obtained information from the rover, they would find the same information published officially; that the atmosphere contains 0.14% oxygen..

during a martian pole's winter, it lies in continuous darkness, chilling the surface and causing the deposition of 25–30% of the atmosphere into slabs of co2 ice, (dry ice).. when the sunlight returns to the poles, the frozen co2 sublimes, or undergoes a phase transition, creating strong winds that sweep off the poles as fast as 400 km/h. these seasonal actions transport large amounts of dust and water vapor, creating earth-like frost and large cirrus clouds.

the rover is "in the desert" because most of the planet is a desert..

and as for the outrageousness, it's not outrageous because it's outside the box, or because it goes against what is taught in school.. it's outrageous because it's just so obviously unscientific and wrong.. i don't know how else to put it.. there is no math, no chemistry, no physics, no legitimate research anywhere to support these claims, and a simple five minute experiment in the lab can confirm they are incorrect.

but how do you know? Have you even tried it? Or are you shooting in the dark?

Here's the thing, what is all matter made up of?

Also, I don't help those who can't help themselves, less think for themselves.

Call a great mind a nutter, it just proves how egotistical the name-caller really is, plus how young they are.

You run with the popular, I don't.

I can throw everything at you, but, your just a run of the mill college student that has a hard time thinking outside the box.

And your mindset, is poor. You stick with an idea and then say everything is false without testing it.

YOUR QUANTUM PHYSICS THAT YOU SO CHERISHED SHOWN WHAT GRAVITY REALLY IS, EVEN THOUGH IN A WRONG WAY.

Mars isn't all that cracked up to be, it's a planet that is alive, just like the rest of them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join