It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Me ATS... Or The Alien Gets It!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
There are some great recommendations, but I wanted to add a couple of my favorites that I didn't see: Lost Girl, Justified, and Longmire.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hi,
I like and recommend these:

1. Hannibal (was awesome they are working on season 2)
2. Da Vinci's Demons (amazing, dark, thrilling, also they are currently doing season 2)
3. True Blood
4. Defiance

The first two are really great tv series, and still only had just 1 season, so you wouldn't have so much catching up to do. Hannibal had 13 episodes, and Da Vinci's Demons had 11 I think, sorry can't remember. The actor who plays Hannibal is thrillingly perfect, he gave me the chills.

I also recommend True Blood, but they are currently in season 6. That would be a lot of season packages you'd have to buy.

I recommend Defiance if you like science fiction. (The actors are very good. IMO)

Happy Thursday!

edit on 25-7-2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I enjoyed the Deadwood series. Although its quite heavy on the swearing, which some people don't like.
Comedy wise. I watched a series of 'Nathan for you' from Comedy Central, Which is the funniest thing I've seen for some time.

I also agree with boymonkey's recommendation of Survivors.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Orange is the New Black! It's a Netflix original series by the creator of Weeds, Jenji Kohan. It's great and the entire first season is on there. It's about a WASP-y chick that gets sent to women's prison for 15 months for carrying a suitcase of drug money for her former girlfriend 10 years prior. She's now engaged to a man (Jason Biggs, whom kind of sucks but the rest of the cast makes it worthwhile) and the girl who sent her to prison is also incarcerated in the same place (Played by Laura Prepon, the redhead from That 70's Show).

The last season of Dexter is happening right now *sobs* I will totally miss that show. When that's gone all I'll have left is Game of Thrones and Orange is the New Black.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Doctor Who. ^_^

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
No one has mentioned The Wire.

In terms of TV drama there's two shows I wrestle with to determine which is the best. That's The Wire and Breaking Bad. If you like BB, you'll probably like The Wire. It's run is completely finished, 5 seasons of about 10-13 episodes a pop. You have to give it time. It's an incredibly dense show with a lot of characters and it takes time to learn who every one is and for plots to start being developed.

At it's most basic it's a show about crime and corruption in Baltimore, Maryland. It primarily follows the police, the drug dealers and a few lawyers, but every season focuses on a new element in addition to these. Season 2 deals with dockworkers, season 4 deals with the education system (in a really amazing way), season 5 with the media. Season 3 doesn't really add a new element, but deals with the question "What if there was a brown paper bag for drugs?" (a question that will make sense later).

It doesn't choose sides. Every organization is shown in good and bad lights, there aren't really any heroes. It's also a show that's not afraid to kill characters, which I appreciate.

If you're digging on Game of Thrones, you might like the documentary series Terry Jones' Medieval Lives. It's a great, light-hearted, but extremely informative look at archetypical groups in the Middle Ages. There's around 10 episodes I think and they're all pretty good. The one I enjoyed the most was the one about monks. It was pretty surprising.

There's a lot of great made-for-TV documentaries out there. I've taken to checking www.reddit.com... just about every day.

I really enjoy Parks and Recreation. It's been spinning its wheels lately, but I really like it. It's an amazing ensemble show that's hilarious, well-written and very sweet. A lot of shows milk humor out of having people who are supposed to be friends be absolutely terrible to each other. That's fine and can be funny, but Parks and Rec avoids a lot of that. The first six episodes aren't very good. Power through those and by the second season there's a good chance you'll love it.

And Arrested Development is one of the most amazing feats of comedy ever conceived.
edit on 7/25/2013 by SaulGoodman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I like "Person of Interest" - the first season wasn't that great but little by little the show has improved and it is now a pretty good show. PLOT: a computer genius has invented a machine that gives him foreknowledge of people's deaths by murder. He and his "action man" (former CIA guy) work to try to stop the murders from happening.

"Revolution" isn't a great series, but I am hoping that like "Person of Interest" it will improve dramatically in Season 2. I like the characters and the situation in which they find themselves. PLOT: Set 15 years into the future where the electricity has gone out and the United States has divided up into territories constantly at war with each other. Follows the fortunes and misfortunes of the Matheson, Monroe and Neville families who are sometimes allies and sometimes at each others throats.

Sal

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
FRINGE!!!!!!!!!
Awesome show!!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Lost, my gosh! First episode I was hooked.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Doctor Who! Well, "new Who" anyway. It's been on the air since 1963 with a short break between 1989 and 2004, the old shows are of course kinda cheesy like the original Star Trek, but the new series is terrific. Seasons 1-6 are on Netflix and you can download all of the season 7 episodes there are so far; it's coming up on the 50th anniversary special in November. It's been on the air for 50 YEARS, that alone makes it worth checking out.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Sons of Anarchy Rocks!!! Sept.10th cannot come any sooner

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Lost
Fringe
Dexter
American Horror Story
Falling Skies
The Borgia's

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I just wanted to pop in and say "Thanks" to everyone! I've most definitely created a list from the recommendations so graciously offered!

Some of the shows listed are ones that I am currently also caught up on or have watched previously - Doctor Who is an example... I tend to binge watch a show until I am caught up and then it gets put on the back burner for a season or two - so that I can, one day, binge watch it again.

Given the input from this thread I think that Continuum will likely be my next attempt... I'll watch a few episodes over the coming nights and see if it clicks or not.

I'm also very grateful to those recommending shows from the UK! Most of them do not get much buzz here and I am a HUGE fan of the show "MI5" ( I think it was called Sneakers in the UK??? ).

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Downton Abbey.

But, alas, no zombies. And Norman Reedus doesn't clean up too well.
So, scratch that, you'd hate it.

Falling Skies is not bad...not awesome but okay to kill a rainy Sunday.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I watch been watching House and Supernatural from the beginning, was sorry to see House leave.

I think you might like Zero Hour. Unfortunate, it was cancelled but the video is still out there on ABC web-site.
They were "gracious" enough to let the series finish out the season, I noticed it's last show is this Saturday.

Part of which is about the Rosicrucions, I won't divulge more incase you'd like to view it.

I've heard alot of good about True Blood, but never got to get into it. Liked the one year show it got sidewinded by the writers strike, earlier in the decade Moonlight. Has the dude from it in Hawaii five-o now.

P. S. Forgot to mention really enjoyed History channel's The Vikings, it's in it's short seasons now I would think but coming back I think in Jan for the full season.

Hope this helps.
edit on 30-7-2013 by 1loserel2 because: add

edit on 30-7-2013 by 1loserel2 because: add

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join