It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Caught on Open Mic talking about the 'Powers That Be'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Is this real?

Some of us remember that Dr Paul was kinda forgotten in the Media back in 2012 several times..

Listed as "others" in some polls sometimes

What do ATS think about this?

Link

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AldrinAlden

Zero proof. If there is any medium less reliable than video, it is pure audio. It would be awful nice to know that he said that but there are a hundreds of people than can do an Obama impersonation.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AldrinAlden

I think he meant the "powers that be" in the republican party wanted Romney to be the Republican nominee (and he was).

During the primary you saw the lead on the republican side switch back and forth to basically anyone but Romney. Then one by one they all fell away until Romney got it by being the last man standing.

link   
Well, it sure sounded like him but im sure youll get people coming on here pretty soon to say that it was an imitator and its possible it was but its also possible its Obama.

link   
I think what he means (if this is genuine) is that the powers that be are those who control republican party, the members, the fundraisers and so on.

I don't think he actually means the powers that be (illuminati, Masons, Builderberg et al) but rather the people who are heading up the Republican party.

Besides there isn't any proof that this is a genuine recording.

Also there was a thread on this last month here

Sorry OP

edit on 23-7-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
That Audio is BS

Obama is the powers that be.

LOL

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Since when do either parties address each other as The powers that be?
I dont believe that ive ever heard it from any of them.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just because he said "the powers that be", doesn't mean anything really spectacular. It's a turn of phrase. That's all.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Barry O. been spending to much time on ATS.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It may not be the ATS TPTB. I use the term all the time when things don't go my way because someone above me threw a wrench in the gears

ETA: to be fair though my way of putting it is slightly different...TFPTB!

edit on 23-7-2013 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Maybe its them he are referring to?

They are in a good position to Make Ron Paul vanish like he did in the MSM

Brother Nathanael - 'The Jews Who Rule America!'

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I think what he means (if this is genuine) is that the powers that be are those who control republican party, the members, the fundraisers and so on.

I don't think he actually means the powers that be (illuminati, Masons, Builderberg et al) but rather the people who are heading up the Republican party.

Besides there isn't any proof that this is a genuine recording.

Also there was a thread on this last month here

Sorry OP

edit on 23-7-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

Yep, this right here. It does sound like Obama all throughout but what he's discussing is who is going to be his opposition as a Republican candidate. "Rick" would be Rick Santorum. He's probably referencing those who control the Republican party. If it is real, it does cast some suspicion of non-democratic control in the selection of candidates as it implies that it is not primaries and caucases that select candidates for each party but some "other". However, it'd be really easy to mock something up using even clips of Obama patched together. If it's a patch job, it's clever because of the Maine comment, which quite probably referred to this:

www.pressherald.com...

Makes the clip a little more interesting to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Open mike! from where? Walmart/Asda a £1 special. There used to be a dog that said "Sausages" clearer than that FFS. Now somebody wants to make a thread about the content as if...er at least I think. So, what's the topic here, is it the crap mike or the spoken word?
For the spoken word It is not even news, we all know about the disgraceful way Ron Paul was treated by media, and not just in the US. As for the speaker, it could have been Saddam Hussein calling back from you know where.
edit on 23-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Its just a phrase. At my job...the powers that be are the supervisors and managers who make all the decisions. The city too. The mayors, coucil members...the "powers-that-be".

Just a normal phrase. Move along...

new topics

top topics

join