It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do We Have Evidence for Life on Mars? Vote Online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Engineer and former Viking program team leader Gilbert Levin and microbiologist Steve McDaniel debate NASA Planetary Scientist Christopher McKay on that subject. You can read each side of the argument and vote online for who you think is most convincing. Have fun!

The Debate
edit on 23-7-2013 by 1questioner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thanks!! Gonna do this when I get home..I was just discussing this at lunch, and I brought up the subject of Ancient Mars.....

I love MARS!!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 1questioner

Well that would be vote in who the voters think won the debate,

Not a vote for do we have evidence for life on mars.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1questioner
Engineer and former Viking program team leader Gilbert Levin and microbiologist Steve McDaniel debate NASA Planetary Scientist Christopher McKay on that subject. You can read each side of the argument and vote online for who you think is most convincing. Have fun!

The Debate
edit on 23-7-2013 by 1questioner because: (no reason given)

The conditions on Mars would make life as we know it impossible. That would mean we don't know what to look for to test for life on Mars. That means there can't be any evidence for life. The fact Levin continues to tout the "life" line after more recent evidence comes out with a complete answer to the Viking experiment results is perplexing.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 1questioner

We have absolutely no evidence life existed on Mars or for that matter, anywhere else except Earth....scary thought, lonely thought.....but that is the fact. No proof otherwise. You debate, speculate, dream and wish all you want....but there is no proof, AS OF RIGHT NOW of life anywhere else but on this dying planet!!!

edit on 23-7-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

No proof? True.
No evidence? That's another matter. There is some good evidence for it. We'll just have to wait and see which camp is vindicated.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I understand your point. However evidence in and of itself is not proof. And my comments are not meant to mean that it is not possible, simply that too many times we have screamed 'wolf' because of a shadow, shape of a rock, the curves in the soil, etc. If vindication is what you long for, that is fine. I on the other hand would be delighted and feel a new amazement that life has been found other than here on earth. Perhaps, life is out there, perhaps it's not, but I am glad that we are searching for proof of the existence of life in the universe. Mars, if so cool? But my bet is we may find some building blocks (evidence, like maybe water once flowed), but no proof that life existed there. Just pure speculation based upon what I know at this moment. I hope I'm wrong. Peace!!

new topics

top topics

join