It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, no kids meals for you, Taco Bell announces!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What would the W. R. Grace company say about that?

Something like...
Don't worry, our poison is in the food. We don't need to give them toys anymore, we now have television.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Isn't their 'meat' just pink slime or something?

It's something....

It doesn't even technically meet the standards to be called "Taco Meat Filling". It's basically one step above dog food. It's 36% beef. The standards require 40% to be called that.

This link has the rest, if you're feeling brave.
jezebel.com...

As for chicken nuggets, visit this link and see if you ever order them for your kids again:
gizmodo.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I know this isn't the point but any parent that feeds their kid Taco Bell has a knowledge deficit. All fast food is unhealthy,even subway, but Taco Bell is the worst.
Don't get me wrong. I've eaten as many hamburgers as the next guy, but my daughter deserves better

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

You're right and you know the really scary part here? What is generally on a store shelf is no better as a rule. When I had to crash diet to try and save my career from Diabetic and blood Pressure disqualification, I spent an entire day in the Walmart at Winslow, Arizona doing nothing but reading labels. I was looking for a list to build of what I could stock on the truck and in my 12v fridge to eat healthy from. Now they had a full grocery section.

Of ALL the stuff I looked at and read? I had a list of less than a dozen items that I could identify what was in it, it wasn't floating in salt or sugar or both and contained some basic level of nutritional content. It was a day at the end of which, I really felt ignorance had been bliss. ...I was thinking cooking was the answer to my Trucker dilemma of fast food or truck stop slop.....only to find, the solution wasn't markedly better.

edit on 23-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No doubt. It sounds like the craziest conspiracy theory but 99.9% percent of us are being poisoned by our food choices. As you know, our pancreases just can't take the longterm abuse of our everyday food. If the sugar doesn't make us diabetic, the salt will give us hypertension. If the hypertension doesnt kill us the fat will clog our arteries and give us MI's.
edit on 23-7-2013 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

Oh how I wish I could form a coherent argument against your point and believe it myself to say it. Sadly, I cannot because you speak the truth here and it took two things around the same time to happen for me to realize that in my own small view of the world.

The first was realizing I was both Hypertensive and Diabetic, at the same time to learn it, after having run through both tests with no problem signs just a year before. Looking back? Of course I built these problems over the long term by bad choices...but I guess I expected life would give a warning as a last 'Okay, time to change now'. The stupid little things we tell ourselves to do what we like, vs. what's good, eh?

The other one was an audio book on the food industry that went into the artificial flavoring and coloring, which of course Fast Food all but masters to a science. With what passes for food in the production phase? They kinda have to. This book talked about the industry for flavor and color in particular for a fair part and what stuck out the MOST?

Have you ever been across Southern New Jersey outside Philadelphia and headed North to NYC? (didn't check your profile to see if it's listed for location). There is a concentration of what look like Oil Refineries or Petro Chemical plants and it's what I always assumed they were when I was through there. Not that different from the big refinery I passed outside Cheyenne, Wyoming for that matter. However, according to the book, that cluster of chemical plants is the heart of the flavor and color industry and production for what pretty much everything not picked fresh or killed by someone you know has in it.

* I won't say I've given up on eating well...because weight and general fitness DO matter plenty in working to keep. I have given up on saving myself in the long term from dying out of something connected to that crap we call food tho. Cancer or something else..but probably related. Likely a fate sealed many years before I even came to think about all this seriously, too.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Why not put the toys in the healthy food? Leave the toys out of the junk food. Sorry Johnny, but if you want the toy, you have to eat the healthy food.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I know this has been said a lot already, but why on Earth is this being considered a bad thing? Marketing Fast Food to kids is bad anyway, and Taco Bell is the dregs of the Fast Food industry. I wouldn't feed that # to my kid if you paid me.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Who really cares?? How is this even news?

You want a toy for your kid, take him to Toys R Us. Take him to Walmart. Take him any where. If your idea of buying your kid a toy includes a stop at your local fast food chain, than you're an idiot as a parent and you are doing it wrong. Truth is, the "kid's meal" was nothing more than a marketing ploy to begin with.

As another poster pointed out, once upon a time you used to get some cool toys (like Transformers) from your kid's meal. The idea was to run TV ad's promoting the toy, not the food, and target your kids. Of course there was more than one toy, so we were encouraged to "collect them all". So our kids see this cool ad, this cool toy, and what happens next? "Mommy can we go to (insert fast food place here)?" "Daddy I want (insert fast food place here)!" The kids didnt want the food, they wanted the toy.

The "food" is poison to begin with. The "toy" is some cheap piece of crap your kid will break in a few days. In order to get that toy you are forced to buy some thing that resembles food, but is in fact not actually food and harmful to your health.

Taco Hell wants to stop "kid's meals"? Good. It's about time you stop targeting our children to increase your profits for some food substitute!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wow...so what...if a parent wants to feed cheap crap to their kids....they are free to do so...toy or no toy.

I just googled who gives a f***...my name was not in the results...
edit on 7/23/2013 by Damian65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It doesn't even technically meet the standards to be called "Taco Meat Filling". It's basically one step above dog food. It's 36% beef. The standards require 40% to be called that.

I wouldn't say it's above dog food

Taco Bell uses "Cutter Grade" also know as "Canner Grade" meat. It's the lowest grade given by USDA.

Even then I am skeptic it's even that good with all the meat shenanigans occurring in the food industry.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
i can't help it,ever since the first i heard this. when ever i hear kids meal, happy meal, mcdonalds. i think of it.

Warning I edited out the front and back, but there still is the S@@@ word in it.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
anyone that seriously believes they are getting a "meal" for a few bucks
deserves fast food

just look at the majority of america,. grossly over weight
and it is due to the fast food industry..L A Z Y E A T E R S

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Im gonna recruit a sleestack and start knockin some sense around,.
maybe the "eaters" will catch on and eat real food..

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
As an entrepreneur and businessman I don't need anyone telling me how to run my business.

As much as I hate the corporate model; it's none of my damn business how they price, manufacture or market their nasty crap.

What? We can't trust the consumers to make decisions for themselves?

I avoid eating in franchise "restaurants" in favor of mom and pop operations when ever possible. Even that can be risky.

edit on 23-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Quality of Taco Bell meals not withstanding, I think they may have misjudged the impact to revenue. They seem to only be counting the loss of sales of the kids meal, neglecting to take into account the adult meals that will also be lost when the kids lose interest in Taco Bell in favor of another place, thereby taking the adult meal purchasers with them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join