It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scripture that questions gods existence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Ok... I've come across some scripts that contradicts the other in the NIV bible.

I won't give the name of the book in the bible due to the NSA computer echelon.

First book of the bible Chap 5 Ver 6 and the last book of the bible chap 3 ver 16

Cold means good, hot means evil. I have been hesitant to even begin to accept that these scriptures correlate but when you study these 2 scripts they have a staggering similarity about them in meaning.

What do you guys think? Discuss.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Not enough information. Perhaps cut and paste the verses you mean?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationsDivad

Your thread really makes no sense. What does the NSA have to do with the Bible?? Anyway, I would say that your first problem, and the answer to what seems to be your question, is that you are reading an NIV Bible. The NIV, NLT, and every other version, save for the King James, has been manipulated and mis-translated to the point that they are so far off from the original texts that you will find countless contradictions. Put down the NIV, pick up a King James version and carry on.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but, uh, here's what I'm getting:

The first book of the Bible is Genesis. So, Genesis 5:6, in the NIV, is:

When Seth had lived 105 years, he became the father of Enosh.

The final book of the Bible is Revelation. So, Revelation 3:6, in the NIV, is:

Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

I'm not seeing a contradiction there... or, really, any correlation. The NSA doesn't care whether or not you read the Bible, by the way, so I'm not even sure why you didn't quote the verses you're referring to.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
hold on... somebodys been messing with my posts!

first book of the bible chap 3 ver 6 then last book of the bible chap 3 ver 16

hmm... now lets discuss...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Look for forum: conspiracies in religion - thread: revelations is a cypher

The nsa computer intends to cypher people for whatever reason. I've completed the cypher awhile ago. the computer is still hooked up to me and I fear it will never turn off.

Too much is hidden in this world we live in. We all know it is an information war against good and evil. I'm trying to ease the stress of this as much as I can without jeopardizing my mental safety.

If you don't understand then I am fine with that. The similarities and their instances are just a thought that I want looked at by people that are qualified to examine.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The church being spoken/written to in Revelation 3:16 is the one at Laodicea. There are two layers of imagery in this verse.

First, Laodicea was located near no natural water supply. Because of this, it had its water from neighbouring places - specifically, Hieropolis to the north and Colossae to the east. Hieropolis provided water from hot springs, while Colossae provided water from regular springs of cold water. By the time this water reached Laodicea and combined, it was lukewarm.

Second, lukewarm water was used by physicians to induce vomiting. Hence the reaction of Jesus to the lukewarm "water" of Laodicea.

Hot and cold are not symbols for good and evil. Both represent a dedicated work for Christ. The problem at Laodicea was they were neither hot nor cold. They were lukewarm, because they are "wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked" (verse 17).

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I will indeed look at the thread you mention, but I'd like to offer a suggestion on the other problem you mention.

hold on... somebodys been messing with my posts!

The nsa computer intends to cypher people for whatever reason. I've completed the cypher awhile ago. the computer is still hooked up to me and I fear it will never turn off.

Too much is hidden in this world we live in. We all know it is an information war against good and evil. I'm trying to ease the stress of this as much as I can without jeopardizing my mental safety.
You may not know this, but there is a group of psychologists and other mental health professionals who are particularly interested in "easing the stress" and protecting your "mental safety." The problem you describe is sometimes just too big for one person to tackle alone. You should consider getting some of the special tricks and techniques these guys have.

The only real problem you might have is finding which of the mental health professionals know these techniques. They certainly won't advertise in the paper, since that would give them away too easily. Surprisingly, they're much more willing to admit they know these tricks if asked over the phone or in person.

My suggestion would be to call one of their offices and explain, but not in too much detail, what this information war and the NSA computer are doing to you. You could probably provide the bare outline in a minute or less. If the person you call isn't in the know, he'll tell you to go away or something like that.

But if the person you're talking to invites you to their office, then you've found someone you've got a chance of learning from.

Let me know how it comes out.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Originally posted by CLPrime

The church being spoken/written to in Revelation 3:16 is the one at Laodicea. There are two layers of imagery in this verse.

First, Laodicea was located near no natural water supply. Because of this, it had its water from neighbouring places - specifically, Hieropolis to the north and Colossae to the east. Hieropolis provided water from hot springs, while Colossae provided water from regular springs of cold water. By the time this water reached Laodicea and combined, it was lukewarm.

Second, lukewarm water was used by physicians to induce vomiting. Hence the reaction of Jesus to the lukewarm "water" of Laodicea.

Hot and cold are not symbols for good and evil. Both represent a dedicated work for Christ. The problem at Laodicea was they were neither hot nor cold. They were lukewarm, because they are "wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked" (verse 17).

Your explanation seems to have a symbolic parallel in Josephus' Wars of the Jews (Book 7, Chapter 6, Paragraph 3):

“…what is still more wonderful, here is to be seen a certain cave hard by, whose cavity is not deep, but it is covered over by a rock that is prominent; above this rock there stand up two [hills or] breasts, as it were, but a little distant one from another, the one of which sends out a fountain that is very cold, and the other sends out one that is very hot; which waters, when they are mingled together, compose a most pleasant bath…”

(In the paragraph that follows this description, Josephus tells a tale about a rebel captured by the Romans who escapes crucifixion in a manner similar to that of Jesus Barabbas. The man that made the capture is identified as "Rufus" which also happened to be the name of a "son" of Simon of Cyrene.)

Do you suspect a connection?

It is also interesting to note also that shortly after Josephus makes the above remarks, he mentions the town of "Emmaus" (Book 7, Chapter 6, Paragraph 6.) Elsewhere, Josephus says this about Emmaus: "...now Emmaus, if it be interpreted, may be rendered "a warm bath," for therein is a spring of warm water, useful for healing... "Wars of the Jews Book 4, Chapter 1, Paragraph 3.

I suppose that inducing vomiting could be considered a form of "healing". Do you think Josephus' statements may provide the metaphoric background for Luke's Road to Emmaus account and perhaps a connection to Laodicea?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by swordwords

Your explanation seems to have a symbolic parallel in Josephus' Wars of the Jews (Book 7, Chapter 6, Paragraph 3):

Do you suspect a connection?

The entire region, on the northern and eastern coasts of the Mediterranean, is an active geothermal hot-spot, so there are many locations like this, having both natural cold-water streams and geothermal hot-water springs. I think there's probably only a connection insofar as Josephus, writing of the fortified hill Machaerus, is in the same general geothermally active region where Laodicea was located.
I find it actually a little ironic that Laodicea, being in such an active region, was entirely left out, having no natural streams or hot springs to supply itself with water. But we must all work with whatever gifts God gives us...and make no complaint about whatever gifts he chooses not to.

It is also interesting to note also that shortly after Josephus makes the above remarks, he mentions the town of "Emmaus" (Book 7, Chapter 6, Paragraph 6.) Elsewhere, Josephus says this about Emmaus: "...now Emmaus, if it be interpreted, may be rendered "a warm bath," for therein is a spring of warm water, useful for healing... "Wars of the Jews Book 4, Chapter 1, Paragraph 3.

I suppose that inducing vomiting could be considered a form of "healing". Do you think Josephus' statements may provide the metaphoric background for Luke's Road to Emmaus account and perhaps a connection to Laodicea?

As with Machaerus, I can see similarities, but I'm not sure about any actual connections. What connections would you make between them?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

If you are worried about Echelon, you got their attention by saying Echelon.......A bible verse will be skimmed over compared to you actually using the name.....

Should have known what to expect coming in.....Yeah scripture that questions God's existence.....Right

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is serious non sense - its either my computer or my key board or whatever...

first book of the bible chap 3 ver 5 and then compare it to last book of the bible chap 3 ver 16

hot means evil

cold means good.

sorry about this.

I'm not going to argue with you guys about this. I'm going to go with your genuine points here. If hot and cold doesn't actually mean good and evil then that is fine. There are many ways of decyphering the scripture and people have their own point of views.

I don't want to argue because people are different, I'm just giving my point of view and how I see the scripture.

Write on people!
edit on 30-7-2013 by RevelationsDivad because: (no reason given)

Charles1952... Contacting those mental health professionals or the agency that controls echelon about this computers handle on me is a bad idea. I am in the know also, I am in many knows so to speak. My reception spans far. I have the diagnosis techniques and I am adept with them if that is or is similar to what you are talking about.

I don't want to be put in more hot water or possibly found out by these people again. I won't present myself as someone with what they would call closely a "mental illness" or strange thinking to anyone with certain credentials.

I can't copy and paste - I'm on a library computer. Sorry...
edit on 30-7-2013 by RevelationsDivad because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2013 by RevelationsDivad because: sentance error

new topics

top topics

join