It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the new British army fox hound be bought by civilians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Is there a civilian version like there is of the U.S army hummer this vehicle looks pretty cool and i think it would definitely sell it has its own unique 4x4 system to tackle steep hills and is 10x better than the Land rover.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Well, I must say. That would completely redefine the dynamics of Road Rage, wouldn't it? The family wagon or business class rental just wouldn't stand a chance.

On the other hand, if those nice ladies who got assaulted in the Houston interstate highway protest had been driving a comfy version of one of those? I do believe they could have gone about their way without so much as slowing down or feeling the oddly bumpy road for a moment.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They should start selling them for rip off prices rich people will still buy them with out the guns and equipment it is just like any other armored car sell one to the public use the profit to make 2 for the soldiers,the excuse will most likely be that it has some super secret technology on it they dont want anyone knowing lol.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hmmm... You mean something like this one?

( Source )

That does look like it would be a lot of fun to go off-roading and exploring in. I'll bet that could get to some interesting places in otherwise very hard to reach back country in the US.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Wonder what sort of modifications it would need to be street legal here in the UK and it would probably drink so much you'd have it nicknamed 'George Best' but just look at the jealous looks when you drop the little ones off at school in one of those things the poor Chelsea tractors will whimper

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

On the other hand, if those nice ladies who got assaulted in the Houston interstate highway protest had been driving a comfy version of one of those? I do believe they could have gone about their way without so much as slowing down or feeling the oddly bumpy road for a moment.

Wrabbit, the Chinese also make a nice APC that looks more along the lines of a civilian type vehicle. Put a nice paint job on it and the ladies are not only safe from harm but looking good in their new pretty APC. No need to worry about those speed bumps either.

The Fox Hound might be a little to manly for the ladies but for shear intimidation, that group of protesters would have parted like Moses and the Red Sea.

edit on 7/23/2013 by pstrron because: spelling

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

yes lol that would look very nice with some 5 spokes alloys and painted black

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
A little Tiger for those wanting the more urban look.

Could use a little help in getting the image to display in the post.

I doubt the Tiger is as well built as the Fox Hound but would look good around town.

edit on 7/23/2013 by pstrron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

lol have you seen the size of the roads in the U.K that would be a nightmare to drive you would take up both roads probably ha.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
there designed by mclaren f1 lot so i imagine the cost a fair bit
www.freshnessmag.com...
www.gdls.com...
edit on 23-7-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

I guess you won't see any on the surplus market for a few years at least.

All uk MOD vehicles are sold through a company called Withams. They've had armoured Jags and other interesting stuff.

Here's their website: www.mod-sales.com...

See here for Armoured Tempests & Saxons: www.mod-sales.com...

Saxon

www.mod-sales.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Tempest

www.mod-sales.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
edit on 23-7-2013 by radioboffin because: Added more info

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

have you seen the size of the roads in the U.K that would be a nightmare to drive you would take up both roads probably ha.

Sure it would but it would be loads of fun.
Everyone would just get out of your way.

I do think that the Fox Hound would be much better in the back country and terrain obstacles would be lessened due to the hight of the undercarriage. I'm sure you could buy one if you have the cash. Now getting it registered for the road might be a challenge but if it meets the requirements and the gov can make some money in the process, your in.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
They said for 270.000.000 Pounds you get 300 vehicles.

So you can have one for 900.000 British Pounds.

A real bargain.

new topics

top topics

join