It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle UFO spotted over Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I can clearly spot a triangle shape but what I can't determine is if it flies parallel to the ground?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by funbox
a closer inspection

there are other pole occlusions within the video too, this is an earlier one to the aforementioned

funBox

Well there you go. In the video the pole is brighter than the apparent brightness of the "objects". It "looks like" they pass behind it. Also remember this video was taken thru the glass of the vehicle, right? Can't rule out reflections.

ETA: Look up the Nasa Tether UFO incident. It appears the objects pass behind the tether but really are "occluded" by the brightness of the tether to make it look that way. The CCD camera software reproduces the brightest source of light. Similar to what is happening here.
edit on 24-7-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Here's another video I have found which judging by date and location (April 2012, St. Petersburg) is of the same series of events. Now in glorious HD!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I think there is a mountain or hill over there and a car comes down the road a little after the eight minute mark and disappears into the trees. It could also be a plane that disappears behind the clouds in the background. The three lights could be ATVs or some kids hiking in the hills, they don't seem to be moving fast. If I could understand the language it would help. Even then we do not know if what they are saying is an act or real. It is very hard to tell for sure what something like this is, there are so many possibilities. It could be UFOs but I do not think that these things are flying. Their behavior looks terrestrial.

I like the mountain idea, but a mountain that tall, those lights that ARE MOVING (not the stationary lights) are traveling at like over 100mph. Maybe it's Fast & Furious: Moscow Drift?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
obviously, UFO's capable of interplanetary travel only want to be "mostly" invisible........

deny ignorant assumptions

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I dont think mountains are included in the mystery of the lights because:

Petersburg is situated on the middle taiga lowlands along the shores of the Neva Bay of the Gulf of Finland, and islands of the river delta. The largest are Vasilyevsky Island (besides the artificial island between Obvodny canal and Fontanka, and Kotlin in the Neva Bay), Petrogradsky, Dekabristov and Krestovsky. The latter together with Yelagin and Kamenny island are covered mostly by parks. The Karelian Isthmus, North of the city, is a popular resort area. In the south Saint Petersburg crosses the Baltic-Ladoga Klint and meets the Izhora Plateau.

The elevation of Saint Petersburg ranges from the sea level to its highest point of 175.9 meters (577 ft) at the Orekhovaya Hill in the Duderhof Heights in the south. Part of the city's territory west of Liteyny Prospekt is no higher than 4 meters (13 ft) above sea level, and has suffered from numerous floods.
en.wikipedia.org...

No mountains in the Saint Petersburg area.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

your absolutely right intrptr, it takes a discerning eye when seeing for variation on two equally/close illuminated objects my first example was a poor one to use as an example to rule out reflections, personally I think he is outside, the sound doesn't sound like its in a small space, it sounds slightly muffled , like a misty night would do

irrespective of the sound.. the second pole I feel is a better example of occultation

funbox

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I think you may be right. Thanks for taking the time to produce and present those videos for everyone. I bow to your examination and editing skills, sir. Compared toy what you have done here, I am just a hack (a really observant hack, but a hack no less).

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Twinkling star on the horizon, see it all the time, and when magnified, it breaks up through a type of distortion, absolutely nothing to see here in this case.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by elevenaugust

Twinkling star on the horizon, see it all the time, and when magnified, it breaks up through a type of distortion, absolutely nothing to see here in this case.

I am not saying that is extraterrestial ship but that is an efing UFO (unidentified flying object)

It is really sad what is happening to this site. As soon as someone posts a UFO video, the "debunkers" start posting all kind of crap such as: "Nothing to see here,its fake because was not recorded with a high definition camera" or "those lights are cars coming down from a mountain" and "It is a twinkling star on the horizon, nothing to see here". Damn people, if you are debunking something....then prove it is whetever you are saying it is!!!! Again, I am not saying that it is an alien spaceship but come on people, you guys are trying to hard to sound "cooler and smarter" than those that try to have an open mind and at the end and in my opinion you guys end up sounding very stupid.

edit on 24-7-2013 by GFDGFS because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2013 by GFDGFS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

It makes a progression from left to right across the screen. It's so far distant, there is nothing to reference size or distance at all.
I see nothing at all in this video to indicate this is anything more than a normal airplane filmed from a significant distance away.

Then you didn't watch the entire video. A light joining it.. another light flashing out while flying.. and a third moving towards and disappearing all point to it being something very different than an airplane.

The additional lights in this video are great - sort of kills theories like "Chinese lanterns!" or "flares!" How you can look around the 5 minute mark and claim it's a plane boggles the mind. I have a feeling many of you post these sort of replies after watching literally 10 seconds of the video.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
So why couldn't these be flares?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
They move sideways across a great distance over 10 minutes. If you can find me flares that can do this, by all means, post a link. Flares are attached to parachutes, and obey the laws of gravity. They go down. Even if they do move slowly, they do move down. They are also subject to the whims of the wind. So, I guess if you want to believe that the winds were -so- strong they forced these flares sideways for 10 minutes.. while yet keeping them mysteriously in a near perfect triangle, you go right ahead. I choose to view these sorts of things with a modicum of common sense however. Flares make no sense at all.

There was a video several months ago in Russia that featured long-lasting lights.. but those did move downwards and disappeared over the horizon. I am fairly certain those -were- flares. And can readily admit it.. it makes sense. But I can look at something like this and not using bias or preexisting beliefs, can say "Ok.. that doesn't fit the qualities exhibited by flares." Why can't others?
edit on 24-7-2013 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Are you suggesting only those who are out filming with high-quality video equipment are likely to see UFOs? Also, if something is several miles away in the sky and you don't have said equipment, zooming in is what you would do - at that point you're using the camera to try to identify it yourself, after all.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I really don't know how much better people want it. Overall, it's a very solid video, with little movement, clear shots, for an extended period of time. No, he wasn't hauling around a 10k rig with night vision. So it can't be real?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I am from Russia, if translations are needed point out the time zones, example :2:21-2:34 and post here i will tell you what he is saying.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

no worries , at least we can eliminate reflections from investigation, fakery is an exceptionally long shot but to me so far to the extreme, it would take a long time to get the matching right , for the vibrational zooms and the apparent real buildings and poles , the focal effects on real light sources in the scene , it all adds up to more hrs than its worth ,as I see. for example how clever would he be to zoom out of the action , just as the third light appears.,if he was faking it he would still have had a zoomed frame, reverse phycology anyone?

@Keylogger.. spill the beans, a general round up with all the juicy details would suffice
*please

funbox

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

If you can find me flares that can do this, by all means, post a link.

Here you go ...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

clutching at straws much , the behaviour of those lights resembles these lights by , well them being illuminations alone.. sad

fullofitBox
edit on 26-7-2013 by funbox because: wolves set my chinese lantern alight

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WASTYT
So why couldn't these be flares?

Because they don't follow the laws of projectile motion.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join